Hummingbird trapped in garage - NEED ADVICE!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I showed a few people at work the videos and one person looked appalled at the fire scene.

We've got the one relative that "just couldn't stand the thought...." It's a running joke with my wife and me. I could hear it now...."Oh...I just couldn't stand the thought of that poor, little humming bird being burned alive like that".:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Of course I opened the door. I just went out there and I guess it's gone. I looked around. Perhaps I over-reacted by posting on INGO about it.

I haven't seen them on my property before. Maybe because I was looking outside? :dunno:

That's ok. It could have been one of the blood sucking or eye poking varieties of hummingbirds. In that case you should definitely burn the garage down as previously suggested.;)

beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    I picked up some 00 high brass at the 1500, I'll be over in a bit. Does Walmart sell hummingbird stamps?

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Hah, great. We left door open 90 mins, still there. I need to find the stuffed cat and my blowtorch

Are you sure? I mean, these
    zhb.jpg
    generally need a headshot to take them down, right? Then burn it?

Then again, you could always get this setup....

e3af6_praying-mantis-hummingbird.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Looks like it will be spending the night in our garage.

Honestly I haven't gone one summer without getting a humming bird stuck in the garage of my shop. That is honestly the best thing you can do if it cant find its way out. Just let it stay there until morning. Usually when I come back in the morning they are so tired from flying around all night they are much easier to catch. Or if it is perched up high where you cant reach it try to get it to step onto a broom handle, then gently lower it down and gently put it outside. Normally that works.

Some of you guys... I'm not big on killing any animal I don't plan on eating.

Top Bottom