Hummingbird trapped in garage - NEED ADVICE!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Have your kids hold paper bags open about shoulder height on one one of the garage hole you bang loudly on a 4qt sauce pan. You must drive them toward the bag.

Or is that snipe hunting, I can never remember.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    If my sister in law was home I could send her over. she catches them bare handed then carries them outside.be sure not to squeeze to hard.
    Hummingbirds tire very quickly,I think I would too if had to work that hard.
    They are pretty easy to catch bare handed after they tire,(patience here)then they need to eat ASAP.I have caught them before and set them on the perch of the feeder immediately.They drink their fill and off they go.I hope you get him taken care of cause hummingbirds are:cool:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I would quarantine and move asap. 'bird flew'. You said it 'buzzed' right by your head? But are you sure it was a buzz and not a flew?

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    BE CAREFUL!
    I had a cousin that got hit in the back of the knee with one trying to get out of his garage!

It was flying soooooo fast when it hit him, IT GOT IMBEDDED IN HIS LEG AND YOU CAN STILL SEE IT!

hummingbirdtattoo12.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Calling it a night on the bird. In the morning I'll sneak up and give it the business. I'd love to have a bunch of hummingbirds at our house so i'm trying to not kill it.

All good suggestions though. Filing them away for later.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The United States Attorney just called and saw your video, your garage is now a federally protected hummingbird habitat under the Uniform Small Hovering Bird Act of 1974. You have until noon to leave your property.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    BE CAREFUL!
    I had a cousin that got hit in the back of the knee with one trying to get out of his garage!

It was flying soooooo fast when it hit him, IT GOT IMBEDDED IN HIS LEG AND YOU CAN STILL SEE IT!

hummingbirdtattoo12.jpg

wait a second, you've got a MALE cousin with a tiny, rainbow hued hummingbird tattooed on his leg? He needs to hit up that mancard shredder as well.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The United States Attorney just called and saw your video, your garage is now a federally protected hummingbird habitat under the Uniform Small Hovering Bird Act of 1974. You have until noon to leave your property.

Or:

He could name himself the caretaker of a protected reserve and apply for a Fed Grant to maintain the property. I assume that funds have been made available in the USHBA.

Last edited:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    just hang a feeder in the garage door opening. The little sucker's bound to be starving by now. I think they have to eat almost constantly.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    SUCCESS! Just wanted to post quickly. More info to follow after work. I used a technique not mentioned yet but video will be coming later.

Mancard will be returned and isotoners will be sent to Milto

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If you catch it and let me have it as a pet, I will give you all of the money I currently have in my wallet!

I have always thought those little guys would make a cool pet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom