Hummingbird trapped in garage - NEED ADVICE!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    She's sick. Just made her a bowl of soup and back to bed. these gloves are no good for this. Sure, I feel and look great but I worry the nose will skewer my digits. I need something i could use to extend out and grab it from afar.

I'll keep the isotoners on so I don't callous up holding the pole. Be back in five.

Uhm.. :wrongdoor:

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    while it is unknown to most common man the Hummingbird is a vicious predator with a thirst for the bood of small children. They are also known as natures "sniper" swift silent and deadly. Since this fiend seems to have honed in on your family your efforts to evict him from your premisespermanently will be fruitless as he will continue to attack until he is vanquished. Your only recourse is to employ the services of a handler of the hummingbirds only natural predator-The Honey Badger. I am sure there is someone here on INGO that owns one. Find them and peace will be restored to your Abode. Stay thirsty my friend.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Here is the capture video. I read that the hummingbird hates fire like most animals, so I figured I'd scare it out with my weed dragon. Unfortunately fire also must paralyze them with fear and they hesitate before fleeing :(. Anyway, bird is no longer in the garage and I can enjoy my just reward.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq_Fum2eOIg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here is the capture video. I read that the hummingbird hates fire like most animals, so I figured I'd scare it out with my weed dragon. Unfortunately fire also must paralyze them with fear and they hesitate before fleeing :(. Anyway, bird is no longer in the garage and I can enjoy my just reward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq_Fum2eOIg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Better than my idea. I was going to suggest that you start humming off key so the bird would leave in protest!

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    OK this is definitely the most developmentally disabled thread I've ever read.

Now don't get me wrong, I lol'd a few times. But I think that is a waste of
    bacon.:( Where were your isotoners for protection from the grease spatter?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I just want to know what humming bird tastes like.

Funny you say that. I just hung four more feeders in my garage and am planning weekly hunts on Friday afternoon. All I ask is one weed dragon per person and a bag limit of two per day. Catch and release under 2 inches.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Hummingbird= half a McNugget in natural sweet n sour sauce.

BTW, little bird, big damn garage door.........can't figure it out, survival of the fittest.

I had one come in (and leave) 3 times last yr while working on my Jeep.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    OK, so I wanted to finish my thread/adventure off with a summary. Not everything that you read or see on the internet is true. Some of it is crafted and engineered by a hilarious board member in an attempt to entertain his fellow enthusiasts. Yes a hummingbird was stuck in my garage. Yes my children can scream on command. Yes I taped a stuffed cat to a stick and chased the bird. Yes I went to home depot and bought a hummingbird feeder and placed it outside my garage. I had the door open about 3 hours before the feeder was up and then about an hour after I put the feeder up it was nowhere to be found (perhaps dead and drying on a shelf in the garage :dunno: )

While I was out getting the feeder, I took my boys with me since my wife truly was not feeling well. I called Hobby Lobby and Michaels, who were without hummingbirds. Joann Fabrics came through for me with two of them. It took three shots of the fire scene before it looked believable. The worse part of it is I wasted a slice of bacon in the process.

You have just looked through a window into my mind. Bunch of voyeurs, all of ya!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Thanks to beeeman for the pic. I can now honestly answer "YES I AM" to the front page question:

photo-2.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You...you...mean this was all a carefully crafted deception loosely based on a mundane, common, homeowner experience? It all seemed so...so real...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You...you...mean this was all a carefully crafted deception loosely based on a mundane, common, homeowner experience? It all seemed so...so real...

Yeah... since the internet is archived forever (Internet Archive: Wayback Machine) I wanted to be clear that the potentially offensive stuff was known to be fake. I showed a few people at work the videos and one person looked appalled at the fire scene. You never know, some people will believe anything they see :dunno:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq_Fum2eOIg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The drumsticks are a little too small for me. I wonder how many you would get for a serving (and the cost) at Hooters?

Top Bottom