Hummingbird trapped in garage - NEED ADVICE!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You could try humming a few bars off key and annoy him into leaving! :):

Seriously, a feeder outside the open door would be the easiest nonlethal way to encourage the things to go outside/stay outside.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Have one word for you..... FLAMETHROWER! :rockwoot:

We all expect prompt youtube video of the hummingbird(s) falling out of the air while violently ablaze!

Here is the capture video. I read that the hummingbird hates fire like most animals, so I figured I'd scare it out with my weed dragon. Unfortunately fire also must paralyze them with fear and they hesitate before fleeing . Anyway, bird is no longer in the garage and I can enjoy my just reward.

[video=youtube;hq_Fum2eOIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq_Fum2eOIg[/video]

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They go in our garage all the time. They are attracted to the red tail lights on our trucks and fly in there. Either the cat nails them in the loft or hubby gets them out in time to save them. We have a strip in the peak of the roof that lets light in and they go for that once they are in there. The best thing we have found to get them out without having to catch them is his red creeper for working on the vehicles. He leans it on a bucket or something outside the overhead door where they can see the red and they fly out toward it and to freedom. We have learned to back into the garage to avoid attracting them. Between the taillight lense covers being red and my bright pink "save the tatas" magnet...they all seem to be in there daily. We have caught many, but so has Lucky...he's one fast cat when he's feeling good.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I may have been premature in claiming it flew out... Curiously this is directly below where I flamed one up thread. Doesn't seem charred though. I'm cleaning out my garage and found this stuck in a tub of old papers.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Did Hippocrates speak Latin? Impressive.

Hah, good point. Was referring to Primum non nocere. Though Wikipedia is making fools of us both

It is a popular misconception that the phrase "First do no harm" (Latin: Primum non nocere) is a part of the Hippocratic oath. In fact the phrase is believed to have originated with the 19th-century surgeon Thomas Inman.[5]

Top Bottom