Hummingbird trapped in garage - NEED ADVICE!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Just what are you guys brewing in your garages that attracts hummingbirds? It sounds illegal...and very tasty!

To get rid of them try dressing up like a flower. Wear green and put a lot of red fluffy leaves around your head and then stand out in the driveway. Be sure to take lots of pictures and post them so we can all evaluate your effectiveness. Oh, and be sure to sway back and forth if there's a breeze just like a real flower. Those birds are crafty and can see right through a half-hearted disguise!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Some of you guys... I'm not big on killing any animal I don't plan on eating.

IMG_20120520_231059.jpg

My hummingbird fillet knife.

Tastes like chicken........

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would figure humming bird to be very brakish. Could you imagine how many it would take to make a decent meal?

Smothered hot sauce... Might be tasty.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    this was by far the most terrifying thread i have ever read....i have locked my self in my closet with my shotgun loaded with #8 shot due to the graphic nature of this thread

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'm not reading this whole thread ... just leaving this warning for you .... The dot gov is on to you and your INGO activities. It's a MAV. You are under surveillance. You've been warned. If you find another "hummingbird" in your garage, beat it down with a broom and throw it in the microwave to fry all the circuits and destroy all the data. Plan B: Download one of Que's videos on to a MicroSD card and insert it into the data port on the "hummingbird" (not sure where the port is ... check underneath or the backside) and release it. This would deflect attention from you. Careful though, not sure how the MAV will react when you insert the card.

:tinfoil:

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I didnt read all 12 pages so dont know if an answer was provided. Hummingbirds are attracted by red. I had one in my garage a few years ago and he was attracted by the garage door emergency release, which was red. I put duct tape over it.

When a hummingbird gets scared he will fly up and bounce off your ceiling. To get one out you need to shut your door and make the garage as dark and quiet as possible. This will calm him and then he will land in a couple minutes. When the happens carefully pick him up and let him out. After a few seconds he will fly out of your hand.

Dont throw a blanket, towel, or sheet on them as they are small and can be easily injured. They only weigh a few grams.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    This happened when I was a kid. I tried several times to catch the bird with my hands. This kept the little bugger flying about. It finally tired itself out and I simply picked it up from where he was resting.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom