• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'd go with Horning. E.g., the Libertarians Horninged away from the press conference.

Horning, v. intr., to run from questions like a little girl crying and flailing your arms.

Ahh, I should have noted the capitalization. I don't run with any party.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Key to inside Tippecanoe County law enforcement references with the Deputy:

Keller: Deputy sentenced for lying about check on girl who died - www.chronicle-tribune.com: Wabashplaindealer

Alley beside Black Sparrow (downtown Lafayette tavern): Lafayette Citizen Journal: BREAKING NEWS! NEW LPD SCANDALS EXPOSED: Cops Keep Jobs After Recklessly Firing Weapons While Drinking Alcohol, Driving Vehicles in Excess of 125 MPH While Off-Duty; Appreciative of Not Getting a Ticket!

Too bad, TCSD did not stick around and answer questions. So much more could have come out about TCSD.

Holy crap! How do you live with yourself after that little girl died?

Holy crap.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    MRAPs are tanks! Kirk said with a grin, apparently never actually seen a tank to know what's contained within. Those vehicles are scary, expensive, and therefore cause police to sin! Shortly after a mother demanding action chimes in, "guns are scary too let's have everyone turn them in." Please go away mothers, Kirk says, You're making this argument hard to win.

this area isn't dangerous Kirk replied, if you noticed only two deputies died. All said while loosening his belt to tuck a gun inside. Remember danger is only defined by death and no other way. Being shot and living, should just be part of your day...But getting shot and living isn't dangerous according to what I say.

Even though my, "they're expensive" argument was shown to be dumb... with the vehicle and spare parts equaling a zero-sum perhaps making an obscure Godzilla reference will make these cops go mum.

If you want armor buy it yourself!

**********Why buy one when there is a free one sitting on the shelf?

When all you have is hammers all problems look like nails!

**********Good thing thing they have more than just hammers... That argument fails.

Having military grade stuff makes you think youre fighting overseas!

**********With all of your AKs and 1911s and m16s you must already have PTSD

My tax dollars are wasted by all this cop greed!

**********Mraps don't cost you anything, something needs a Tampon indeed.

And also I have that Stg ammo still if u want it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Since you won't let it drop, why don't you provide us with a few cases where the MRAP in your jurisdiction protected officers. Please, just a couple.

I think Denny was polite about things and I thought we were done, but since you want to stir it up, give us some facts, not sarcasm.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Since you won't let it drop, why don't you provide us with a few cases where the MRAP in your jurisdiction protected officers. Please, just a couple.

I think Denny was polite about things and I thought we were done, but since you want to stir it up, give us some facts, not sarcasm.

Who? I just (relatively) got here.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I don't have the numbers I'm not in the know and don't live there. If it's anything like Indy we're averaging 1 officer shot every couple months.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't have the numbers I'm not in the know and don't live there. If it's anything like Indy we're averaging 1 officer shot every couple months.

Tippecanoe County is not Marion County. We have Molest and Meth, not Murder and Mayhem.

The MRAP would not address any problems that we have. Well, any real problems. Barricaded standoffs with police being shot transpire on Television Companies, not Tippecanoe County.

If the Sheriff wants to protect his deputies, spend the MRAP money on meth education/abatement, meth suits for his deputies.

I do not remember if a Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Deputy has been shot here. I cannot recall one. However, under no circumstances would an MRAP make any difference.

I know Jeff Clarke with LPD took a .22 in the vest at the old Ryan's steakhouse (now Mama Ines) from a drifter. We also had an LPD officer slashed in the face by the decedent. That PAS made all the cop forums as it was all on video, completely justified shoot, but an MRAP would have been feckless.

Here's the LPD chase through downtown Lafayette that I cited: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnFyKOQnDEM

For those on INGO that do not understand the pressing problems Tippecanoe County has, I filmed the below incident after getting my teeth cleaned this morning, having breakfast and then coffee at Fuel.

These feathered felons were Obstructing Traffic at 10th and Main. The Sheriff's Department was there on the scene (yes, really), somehow they handled this urgent matter without need of the MRAP.

Th3 d34dly str33tz of Tippecanoe County:

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Deputy homework assignment for tonight:

1. Where is Baltimore located in Tippecanoe County?

2. Why were police officers injured in Baltimore, Maryland when BPD had a bunch of armored vehicles?

3. Why does the Tippecanoe County Sheriff not publicly honor their fallen? Do they mean that little to you?

4. Show your risk assessment to TCSD using the provided formula earlier (I provide it so you don't have to Google it), with declared probability factors, both with the MRAP and without the MRAP.

I STILL don't have these answers.

Oh, nothing happened last night. ZERO armed barricaded subjects last night. But, I haven't seen Godzilla so he could still exist!

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    While I see valid points made by both sides, it's Mother's Day and there is no better time to stir the pot. How does Kirk know these are being paid for with tax funds versus forfeiture funds?;)

Unless he has been dealing on the side and has run into some issues, would it still offend him personally?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm late to the party, but I really can't see these things as being very useful for officers.

As a protection from bullets, they sit awfully high up from the ground. While you might get your torso protected, it sure looks like a lot of your legs would be open to fire. Unless of course they will have ports to allow officers to fire from inside, which I keep seeing is not the case.
    f99bb-chiefgeddesandmrap.jpg

How on earth would they be useful for a bomb threat? Unless you really think people will start planting IEDs to take out police vehicles that is. You can't check for a bomb, let alone disarm one from inside a MRAP.

From what I read, it is not a good off-road vehicle as it tends to tip easily on uneven terrain, so its area of use is pretty limited.

Other than being cool and intimidating, what I am missing?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm trying to figure out this thread, so please indulge me.

So far, some of the players and their positions are:

Kirk: As a taxpayer, he feels that Mraps are not an efficient use of his tax dollars.
    BBI: Tools are handy when you need them.
    Titanxt: Tried to tell kirk to shut up (good instincts, but futile).
    Kut: Maybe Mraps are necessary, maybe he's just being contrary out of habit.
    ATM/Huff: Wookies because they love freedom more than order.
    Rhino: Sorry for whatever sins he has committed or may commit.
    Church: Occasionally pats the banhammer, but leaves it in the holster.
    Any other key players/positions I have left out?

Top Bottom