• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wasn't this one that Pulaski co wanted to unload and TC was the first sucker in line? If so, it is gonna be hard for them to give it back even if they wanted to.

Yep, completely political move. First year of an administration and Barry wanted a new toy to present to the County Council.

A humiliated department and he wants to play with toys?

Now we are being told that the suspect who overpowered the deputy, from inside her car, has her rifle. Let's hope no malice comes of this.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oversight over the police, I wonder if it will be retroactive? Obama announces restrictions on distribution of military-style equipment to police | Fox News

"Starting in October, police will have to get approval from their city council, mayor or some other local governing body to obtain it, provide a persuasive explanation of why it is needed and have more training and data collection on the use of the equipment."

Sounds like the toys are going back in the box?

"The federal government also is exploring ways to recall prohibited equipment already distributed."

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not that I matter but, 'I want one' just for because.
    How many sheets of plywood can it haul in the back? How many sheets of drywall? How many 2x4s? 2x10s? Bricks? 50# bads of concrete mix?

As jacked up as the body is, how easily could any of the above be (off) loaded?

"The federal government also is exploring ways to recall prohibited equipment already distributed."
    Really? I only read about tracked vehicles being prohibitted, nothing about wheeled monstrosities.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    But what about the civilian security force? Won't this kinda put the kibash on that?

[video=youtube_share;Tt2yGzHfy7s]http://youtu.be/Tt2yGzHfy7s[/video]

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Oversight over the police, I wonder if it will be retroactive? Obama announces restrictions on distribution of military-style equipment to police | Fox News

"Starting in October, police will have to get approval from their city council, mayor or some other local governing body to obtain it, provide a persuasive explanation of why it is needed and have more training and data collection on the use of the equipment."

Just cause he says it, don't mean he's gonna do​ it

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    the federal government will no longer fund or provide armored vehicles that run on a tracked system instead of wheels, weaponized aircraft or vehicles, firearms or ammunition of .50-caliber or higher, grenade launchers, bayonets or camouflage uniforms.

Those damn bayonets

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Wow, what a thread. Of course, I'd typically be opposed to this sort of equipment for rural police departments.

But Kirk is being so obnoxious that now I want Obama to purchase an M1 Abrams for every rural sheriff.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wow, what a thread. Of course, I'd typically be opposed to this sort of equipment for rural police departments.

But Kirk is being so obnoxious that now I want Obama to purchase an M1 Abrams for every rural sheriff.

Just as long as they steer clear of the depleted uranium rounds. The other KE rounds and the HEAT rounds should be sufficient for normal rural policing.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    6RPVoIJ.gif

Chill out, kirk, that's not even the MRAP!

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    This is Kirk when the police shoot a homeless man in the 'pecker':

protester-hugging-cop.jpg

This is Kirk when he finds out $0.09 of his tax dollars might be spent on a police vehicle:

kqWmYv.gif

Top Bottom