• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No group hugs, rhino still has catwoman on his mind.

That's a really good point. Safety first.

First of all, and I want to make this clear, I recognize Julie Newmar, and only Julie Newmar, as Catwoman. No argument. No debate. No dissent. I think that's obvious, but I thought it was prudent to say it.

Second, I ALWAYS have Catwoman on my mind....as well as Julie Newmar's role on a couple of episodes of Route 66 (and for a guy who is 44 years old, this is digging deep).

Buzandvicky.jpg

Well, I have to admit that while I too recognize only Julie Newmar as Catwoman, I have actually accounted for 13 minutes during the last quarter century when thoughts of her were not even in the back of my unusual mind. I shame us all.

Ok, but only if the Mrs. is there.

Oh, and the people of Tippecanoe County are paying for our next dinner. If you ask questions about why the people of Tippecanoe County are paying for our dinner, then you are anti-police and a coward.

Well, that goes without sayin'.

Well, the good news is that the only people entitled to discuss dinner with you are people who have had dinner with you.

That can't be very many.

What you did there? I saw it. Well played.

I was seated beside Cheryl Tiegs a few years ago on a LAX to DTW flight. I thanked her for getting me through puberty. She blushed a little an said "Yeah, you and a few million other boys".

Julie Newmar? Yessir! You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

So, you get the sense that Cheryl Tiegs was aware of just how she got you and those millions of other boys through puberty? That could have been either a really, really uncomfortable fligh or a really, really fun flight.

This thread had everything. It had a second wind, a quasi-ragequit, a real ragequit, absolute petulance, togetherness without group hugging, clearly and appropriately leveled accusations at rhino. It was beautiful. Just a wonderful experience. Thank you all!

This is the Swiss Army Topic of INGO!

Yeah me to. I remember her from her days in the gentleman's magazines.

SWEET MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS HOLY! JULIE NEWMAR WAS SMOKIN' HOT!

Okay, I feel better now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    First of all, and I want to make this clear, I recognize Julie Newmar, and only Julie Newmar, as Catwoman. No argument. No debate. No dissent. I think that's obvious, but I thought it was prudent to say it.

You can only comment on Catwoman when you have strapped on a Catwoman custome. You are too much of a coward to wear a Catwoman custome.

And when you do and then post photos to INGO, you are only a statute Catwoman.

I have learned the following from this thread:

1. Cops have no argument for MRAP toys.

2. Tippecanoe Sheriff's Deputies will attempt to bully and intimidate you if you ask questions about their toys.

3. Laughing at cops really works.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Armored vehicles are used to give negotiators a safe platform to negotiate from.

So, now coppers need MRAPs for negotiators? You can do better than this.

Here is the platform negotiators need:

rotary_phone.jpg

This platform can be deployed from places like . . . inside a building and not belt buckle to belt buckle.

To summarize "we need MRAPs because":

1. Godzilla attacks Battle Ground.
    2. Shut up, you were just a law enforcement officer, not a cop. And, shut up more, oh, and pay your taxes.
    3. Negotiators need tanks.

*wipes hands* Ok, you guys aren't looking so tough for the County Council are ya?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    So, now coppers need MRAPs for negotiators? You can do better than this.

Here is the platform negotiators need:

rotary_phone.jpg

This platform can be deployed from places like . . . inside a building and not belt buckle to belt buckle.

To summarize "we need MRAPs because":

1. Godzilla attacks Battle Ground.
    2. Shut up, you were just a law enforcement officer, not a cop. And, shut up more, oh, and pay your taxes.
    3. Negotiators need tanks.

*wipes hands* Ok, you guys aren't looking so tough for the County Council are ya?

Just one armored vehicle is needed 4 is just crazy talk. It does look like a nice area...bet you still carry a gun though even though you aren't tasked to do anything with it. MRAP is a method of conveyance that stops bullets nothing more nothing less.

Ahh the telephone! Why didn't I think of that?! Can you provide me with the phone number for Every-Criminal-Ever? I'd like to give them all a call and tell them ahead of time to not be a ****ty human being today. My luck though, the baddies will have left their phone somewhere else, have it turned off, or forgot to re-up their obama minutes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You can only comment on Catwoman when you have strapped on a Catwoman custome. You are too much of a coward to wear a Catwoman custome.

And when you do and then post photos to INGO, you are only a statute Catwoman.

I have learned the following from this thread:

1. Cops have no argument for MRAP toys.

2. Tippecanoe Sheriff's Deputies will attempt to bully and intimidate you if you ask questions about their toys.

3. Laughing at cops really works.

How about this?

Guy's been shot, laying in the street in front of the home where the shooter is barricaded. MRAP provides armored platform to help officers safely extract injured individual.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    bet you still carry a gun though even though you aren't tasked to do anything with it.

I pay for my guns. You can pay for the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's MRAP feeding and upkeep. Deal?

MRAP is a method of conveyance that stops bullets nothing more nothing less.

It's a bleeding ulcer and my tax dollars are used as a tampon.

Why didn't I think of that?!

Because you want to sit at the cool kids' table and talk about your MRAP at the next ISA conference.

No PD needs a MRAP.... until they do (just like guns).

Yet again, Godzilla might attack Battle Ground carries no weight.

Show me the risk at Risk=f(probability, outcome severity). Show your work.

Don't forget, 2 deputies killed since the inception of Tippecanoe County, in 1928. That's billions upon billions of man hours worked for 2 murders. Murders which transpired INSIDE a vehicle.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Guy's been shot, laying in the street in front of the home where the shooter is barricaded. MRAP provides armored platform to help officers safely extract injured individual.

Again, what if Godzilla knows Wing Chun and he attacks Battle Ground.

What if a rock falls from the sky and hits the Sheriff's Department? Maybe we should put all the deputies in the MRAP just in case that happens?

This isn't Chiraq. This isn't Napghanistan. This isn't some stupid TV show where they get the notion that it happens everywhere.

I know TV and movies drive the gun culture. The "hot guns" are always guns in movies and TV. However, the gun culture pays for its own guns. I am paying for your MRAP.

You bear the burden for your toy. Show me where it is needed.

Two. I repeat--TWO. TCSD has lost 2 to Murder. And they care so much about their losses that they do not even memorialize them, that's how shook up they are about the murders.

Show me the work. Do it here for all to see and not anyone's bs imagination.

Show me where that scenario has transpired in Tippecanoe County.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I pay for my guns. You can pay for the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's MRAP feeding and upkeep. Deal?

It's a bleeding ulcer and my tax dollars are used as a tampon.

Because you want to sit at the cool kids' table and talk about your MRAP at the next ISA conference.

Yet again, Godzilla might attack Battle Ground carries no weight.

Show me the risk at Risk=f(probability, outcome severity). Show your work.

Don't forget, 2 deputies killed since the inception of Tippecanoe County, in 1928.
    That's billions upon billions of man hours worked for 2 murders. Murders which transpired INSIDE a vehicle.

The last Carmel officer killed in the line of duty was killed in the 19th century. By your logic the taxpayers are wasting money on bulletproof vests. :dunno:

singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    This quote:
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by titanxt

Reminds me of Gecko45... Could it be? :dunno: If he had only mentioned duct taping two layers of ballistic armor plates to his back so he could take multiple hits from a 308, I would have been convinced.

I was beginning to think I was alone in finding this similar to the infamous Gecko45 rant of interwbez fame. Reading this thread literally made me LOL and I had to explain myself to a cube mate at work. Thanks for making my day?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The last Carmel officer killed in the line of duty was killed in the 19th century. By your logic the taxpayers are wasting money on bulletproof vests. :dunno:

Vests also protect investments in officers in situations other than gunfire, e.g. motor vehicle accidents.

If the people of Carmel want to buy vests for their employees, cool with me. But the people get a say.

How much is this vehicle costing the taxpayers?

To date e-mails have gone unanswered from the Sheriff, the County Commissioners and the County Council.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Vests also protect investments in officers in situations other than gunfire, e.g. motor vehicle accidents.

If the people of Carmel want to buy vests for their employees, cool with me. But the people get a say.

I didn't know my vest was crash rated. Funny enough, a MRAP can also take quite a punch from another motor vehicle. So if a bad guy wanted to try to smash his way through a roadblock, he'd have much less success going up against a MRAP than a Crown Vic.

-Vest stops bullets
    -MRAP stops more bullets

-Vest helps with crashes
    -MRAP helps with crashes

To date e-mails have gone unanswered from the Sheriff, the County Commissioners and the County Council.

“How often does a $412,000 vehicle given to you free come along?”

Am I missing something?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So an armored vehicle with no weapons is the equivalent to an "evil black gun?"

"Oh noesss, the evil tan truck is patrolling the streets. Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife.... cause the MRAP is running roughshod over the poor people in Tippecanoe.... everybody's scared, even Tyler too!"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    “How often does a $412,000 vehicle given to you free come along?”

Am I missing something?

It's not free--upkeep, servicing, licensing, training, insurance, etc.

Oh, btw, I'll be paying for the "free" vehicle.

No one wants to take my deal?

No one wants to show me under a risk assessment that this thing is needed?

Everyone just wants it because it is cool and thus because of the transitive property of cool it makes the agency cool?

Top Bottom