• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    It seems the kinds folks of Pulaski County have given the good Sheriff of Tippecanoe County an MRAP. What Tippecanoe County needs with an armored RV, I have no idea.

It is best we keep a close eye on it. I better not see it in the Christmas Parade.:D

Armored truck now in sheriff?s fleet

They'll probably only use it to go mudding along the river behind the Lafayette Municipal Golf Course.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They'll probably only use it to go mudding along the river behind the Lafayette Municipal Golf Course.

I last saw it being used against my fellow taxpayers as it was hotfooting it on Duncan and then 52. Banning, AZ flashed before me.

The toys don't do well in the mud. But if that is all the MRAP is used for (a feckless toy) then TCSD should have a fundraiser for the toy instead of asking everyone else to pay for it.

I don't mind them having toys, I just mind paying for it.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    A $60 oil change every 6,000 miles? All other parts are free. Gonna take a while to recoup the loss.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    But in 60 years that would lower the debt to $234, 760.00.

Counterpoint:

Kirk could quit being so effective at his job, then all the bad guys would stay in jail and not be free to reproduce creating little bad guys. There wouldn't be a need for cops after that. Without cops, they'd have no one to drive the mrap, so .gov would take it back. The budget for salaries, cars, and equipment would shrink and disappear paying the debt off in no time.

As I see it, this is all Kirks fault.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    If it is anything like Lagrange county's armored vehicle it will just sit languishing until scrapped out. Reasonable folks at the sheriff's office realized they couldn't keep up on maintenance and left it sit for years. Cool govt surplus toys are fun when you first get them but when it is budget time common sense prevails (usually).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Today the Tippecanoe County Bar Association's monthly luncheon, both candidates for Sheriff endorsed keeping the MRAP.

Disappointing but empire building is serious business. Looks like I lose regardless of who wins.

Top Bottom