• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes 3 chambers for the street. Minimum 2.5"s on pipe OD all the way back on anything 350 CI's and under. Even a stroker.

Big blocks need 3's at least.

I had dual chamber on the 65 Biscayne as it was a serious piece designated to just be pissed off mean and evil. I have the headers for the 64 and am still mulling over mufflers.

Since the subject of mufflers has come up, let me just throw this out there. CM-keep this in mind too- IF anyone has or is planning to use Nitrous, blower or turbo(s), it is very important to make sure the engine can get those hot exhaust gasses out. If your header tubes and exh system doesn't flow enough it can and will hurt parts.
    I know my stuff is a bit extreme by some comparisons but just as an example our header tubes are 2 1/2" going into a 6" collector with a coffee can sized 6"in 6" out muffler. Exhaust flow can be equally as important as induction flow

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Since the subject of mufflers has come up, let me just throw this out there. CM-keep this in mind too- IF anyone has or is planning to use Nitrous, blower or turbo(s), it is very important to make sure the engine can get those hot exhaust gasses out. If your header tubes and exh system doesn't flow enough it can and will hurt parts.
    I know my stuff is a bit extreme by some comparisons but just as an example our header tubes are 2 1/2" going into a 6" collector with a coffee can sized 6"in 6" out muffler. Exhaust flow can be equally as important as induction flow

Understood. Excellent point. By comparison my plate system is pretty teeny to your rig. Remember, I have seen your car run I swear I have.
    In this I run my plate systems on the + side of rich. I am sure I could make more power by leaning it down a bit but I have roasted more than a few pistons while paying homage to the gods of nitrous. A set of heads/pistons/cylinders on the blower bike come to mind. Oops.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sounds like everyone's going to be busy this weekend; CM has his headers and trans ready to go, Bob's working on the truck, TC will be working on the 'Bird, I've got my front suspension installation going on; sounds like fun!!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like everyone's going to be busy this weekend; CM has his headers and trans ready to go, Bob's working on the truck, TC will be working on the 'Bird, I've got my front suspension installation going on; sounds like fun!!

I'm kinda jealous though. Everyone else is doing work & making progress but me. I will be storing slicks in the basement, draining water, taking rockers loose, spraying the cylinders with fogging oil. It's that time of year to put it storage. But hopefully it will give me some time to make progress on the Mustang. It's a labor of love

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup I have my headers and the trans will be in hand on Monday. Went non-lock up converter with 2800 rated stall. Heavy car ample power and a 3.73 final should push it to 3K if I want to. It has a Nitrous plate in it as well.

Had a pretty cool experience today. I was in the drive painting the 4 steel plates on my target stand for tomorrows final gathering of the CZickness crew. A very good friend rolled up in a freaking Hellcat. He is retired and jockey's cars for stealerships. He took me out for a burn. All I can say is "DDDDAyuummmmmm that thing is stupid fast.

I am gonna need more Nitrous.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am gonna need more Nitrous.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I know the feeling. Hopefully the strain from the Nitrous shortage will start to ease up the next few months. It was hard to find this year

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well I got a good start on getting the 'Bird winterized. But, I did talk myself into making some music one last time for the year. I love how the smell of C-23 hangs in the air in the garage.

I will probably pick a rainy day this week to drain the water and loosen to rockers. Then I will do a garage clean up day and get started on the Mustang and plot any changes/upgrades for next season

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Moved the headers and some other large parts/boxes to the shed to clear up some space.
    xW0Alu4.jpg

I have 2 furnaces in the shop to build the duct work for. Shop is not all that big.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Did the Louisville swap meet yesterday, picked up a set of heavily abused C5 tires and wheels for a c note, a set of rockers for the fe aND door handles and window cranks for the galaxie. The brakes I'm using on the racer are from a C5 and when I bought the kit 5 years ago nobody yet had them with a dual or ford lug pattern so I'll end up with GM bolt pattern on front and ford on back. I bought these wheels and tires to help me determine back spacing etc before puchasing the CCW's it'll eventually get. Notice I didn't purchase anything with internal moving parts this time?:laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did the Louisville swap meet yesterday, picked up a set of heavily abused C5 tires and wheels for a c note, a set of rockers for the fe aND door handles and window cranks for the galaxie. The brakes I'm using on the racer are from a C5 and when I bought the kit 5 years ago nobody yet had them with a dual or ford lug pattern so I'll end up with GM bolt pattern on front and ford on back. I bought these wheels and tires to help me determine back spacing etc before puchasing the CCW's it'll eventually get. Notice I didn't purchase anything with internal moving parts this time?:laugh:

Sounds like a great day of shopping the vendors.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Wasn't looking bad until I saw the dash. They should have left it stock and just added a switch panle mounted to the roll cage. All the switches/knobs all across the dash looks cobbled together. Also as much room as there is under that hood the ignition box etc shouldn't be hanging from the dash. It kinda makes the passenger seat useless. Not bad but I think it's over priced

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom