• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    your right, i feel its falling on deaf ears. im done in this thread, nobody including mods are listening

I'm hoping they did listen to the suggestions and are ignoring the BS. There's one mod who said he's staying out of it though. Personally, I would like to see him resign, but we know that'll never happen. Either way, I'm hoping our serious suggestions have been taken seriously and are being discussed. If not...

Ok, I'm done posting here until we get some kind of response. Have fun beating each other up. Try to dodge the banwagon.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm hoping they did listen to the suggestions and are ignoring the BS. There's one mod who said he's staying out of it though. Personally, I would like to see him resign, but we know that'll never happen. Either way, I'm hoping our serious suggestions have been taken seriously and are being discussed. If not...

Ok, I'm done posting here until we get some kind of response. Have fun beating each other up. Try to dodge the banwagon.

The owner of this site has, on more than one occasion, said that without the mod you would like to resign, this site wouldn't be here.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    nobody including mods are listening

Oh they are listening...Waiting and watching to see what happens though as all the sarcastic calls to lock the thread and/or ban people have made it hard to do so. Normally if it were any other thread, it would have been closed for much less. Which, I guess is the point of what the first couple pages of "fair treatment" concerns. Its clear that already a few mods are steering clear of this thread. (One has already admitted that in another thread today.) Normally, there would be 5 mods in here regulating. What gives.

How long are we gonna let this turd of a thread sit and smell until we move forward with an appropriate thread/area to talk about the rising concerns on a decent level with the powers at be... Free from sarcastic trolls off their leashes?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    How long are we gonna let this turd of a thread sit and smell until we move forward with an appropriate thread/area to talk about the rising concerns on a decent level with the powers at be... Free from sarcastic trolls off their leashes?
    Is it really that difficult to figure out?

Several members have said they want less moderation. They're getting it.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

I have to disagree with you SE. The mod your talking about is actually a good, levelheaded mod. Yeah he has his moments like we all do. I have met him personally and I had some preconceived ideas about him. They were all wrong, and this was after my first stay at INGO had come to an end.

Are there too many PC BS rules??

Hell Yes!!!

Are there too many thin skinned whiny babies here??

Hell Yes!!

I am often a General Foremen and I can tell you, you can't make everyone happy. Then when you do give the "good guys" a little slack everyone else calls you out on it.

Just my :twocents: I am not kissing anyone's ass I am just calling it like I see it.

Do I have a new favorite Indiana gun forum?
    Yes I do.

Can I still enjoy INGO??
    Probably it seems to be mutating everyday.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    This just keeps getting better and better.

I was being sacastic because I was not actually offended by what others were saying about myself and other comments.

Would you like for me to quote things directed at me that OTHER PEOPLE would cry and whine about?

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE.

Minuteman, I wasn't speaking of you. You dirty troll..:draw::draw:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Who and why would you like to see them resign?

Who: Scutter.

Why: I have no idea other than maybe personal issues that were discussed via PM. Without getting too much fudge on my nose, I really don't know why anyone would want to see him gone unless 1)I'm missing all of his mean and unfair posts, 2)he sends lots of nasty PMs and threatens members to not say anything or else(:laugh:) or 3)people like to nitpick.

I have my suspicions on which one of the 3, but I'll let you decide for yourself.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Who: Scutter.

Why: I have no idea other than maybe personal issues that were discussed via PM. Without getting too much fudge on my nose, I really don't know why anyone would want to see him gone unless 1)I'm missing all of his mean and unfair posts, 2)he sends lots of nasty PMs and threatens members to not say anything or else(:laugh:) or 3)people like to nitpick.

I have my suspicions on which one of the 3, but I'll let you decide.

I'm guessing some of it comes from the phrase "social retard" that was an issue here awhile back ago. Snowballed a bit from there in regards to peoples feelings and allegiances.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Who and why would you like to see them resign?

I have respect for you so I'll respond to this.

I'm not going to call out either person by name because one I already have and the other would ban me for it. As for the "why"? It's because they have zero tolerance and ignore the rules themselves. They have obvious bias and show favoritism all the time. They can't have discussions in public about who/why they ban and any time you question them about it, you face the ban hammer. What's worse is they consider us all children and they have to "keep us in line". That's no way to run a website and that's not what a moderator should do. Treating members like children is uncalled for and shows the contempt they have for us.

Someone like that has NO business being a moderator. I don't care if they keep the site running or not. There are plenty of programmers and network IT people out there and if you can't find one, it doesn't mean that person has to have moderator powers.

I have to disagree with you SE. The mod your talking about is actually a good, levelheaded mod. Yeah he has his moments like we all do. I have met him personally and I had some preconceived ideas about him. They were all wrong, and this was after my first stay at INGO had come to an end.

Being a level headed person in real life means nothing if you're like how I described above while doing your job as a moderator.

I realize people have bad days. I realize mods put up with a lot of crap. The thing is, when you have a lot of crap to deal with, instead of getting pissed off and *****ing about it and banning people.... How about sitting down with the membership in a public thread and trying to work on WHY this or that is happening. If it can't be resolved within the membership then it is going to continue happening.

It's like banning alcohol. People still made, transported, and consumed Alcohol, but everyone was to scared to stand up and say something about the blatantly illegal law. At least not at first. Those that did were cut down and silenced or berated to the point of public humiliation. The same logic applies to this forum and not by just them members, but certain aspects of the mod staff as well.

I'm not saying all the mods are this way. We all know that's not true. But there are some and that's what upsets me.

Now. Damn it. I've said my piece. I don't want to say much more until we hear what's really going on around here.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm gonna have to call you out on this just based on the fact other indiana based gun forums you frequent have the exact same rule verbatim word for word.

im non-religious but i would rather see religion come back. some of the debates got heated but it was fun discussing it sometimes, or at least having the option to do it. Plus I believe its a fundamental value that makes up everything to do with America. (i hope i just didnt break the rules there) I dont really blame the mods for this though, because it was mainly one former member as the reason religion and race got banned i think. wasnt too long after that when he was gone. i wouldnt mind seeing anything political thats not 2A related go away personally. yeah, its censoring, but who cares if it makes the community stronger. i think politics is the spawn of most fights here. keep the politics about gun rights and get rid of the other. but im sure it would make the site activity go way down. people can say "well just ignore the politics threads", but thats easier said than done if you see something you have a strong belief about thats being discussed. then one thing leads to another. im not innocent in that,

then I have noticed recently some things political are spilling into the break room, like people are trying to get around things or something.

ok, I put my 2-cents in this epic thread. im out. carry on ya'll

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    im non-religious but i would rather see religion come back. some of the debates got heated but it was fun discussing it sometimes, or at least having the option to do it. I dont really blame the mods for this though, because it was mainly one former member as the reason religion and race got banned i think. wasnt too long after that when he was gone. i wouldnt mind seeing anything political thats not 2A related go away personally. yeah, its censoring, but who cares if it makes the community stronger. i think politics is the spawn of most fights here. keep the politics about gun rights and get rid of the other. but im sure it would make the site activity go way down. people can say "well just ignore the politics threads", but thats easier said than done if you see something you have a strong belief about thats being discussed. then one thing leads to another. im not innocent in that,

I was mostly just pointing out a hypocritical post but I agree with you on your latter thoughts, some folks live in the politics forum while never posting anywhere else(I.E.- NVH)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom