• Status
    Not open for further replies.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    When there are as many people upset about roughly the same root problem, it isn't "nothing."

Granted, some of the complaints on this thread have branched off to who knows where, but that is to be expected when those genuinely interested are being ignored purposefully by those whom normally would be on threads like fat kids on cake.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    When there are as many people upset about roughly the same root problem, it isn't "nothing."

Granted, some of the complaints on this thread have branched off to who knows where, but that is to be expected when those genuinely interested are being ignored purposefully by those whom normally would be on threads like fat kids on cake.

apparently I have to spread more rep around before I can rep you again..:dunno:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Wow. What started as a pot-stirring thread has evolved into one epic cluster****. It's like being at work---with the firearms but without the cuffs---bicker complain empty insults bicker. :)::laugh::):

Kudos to the MOD staff for not locking this thread after a few pages. While there were very few productive or mature posts in this thread, at least people were allowed to express their opinions. :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Nothing got resolved...Yet.

Either they are watching and actually planning to address the members in a positive way concerning the discontent in the ranks...

Or.

They are letting this one die out and fade away on its own hoping to not have to touch the issue of unequal moderation that has been mentioned in the first few pages when this thread actually had a point.

Who knows, maybe a slap-on-the-wrist memo went around telling them to start being more consistent. Which, I believe, is all most of us really want.

Consistency is a hellava drug. :patriot:

I didn't even have time to get a full nights sleep, take a dump and eat breakfast yet, so Im not in a panic yet myself that there is no response. Nor do I even expect or think one in writing is required or needed. actions speak louder than words. So many people here, myself included, have just asked for our voices to be heard openly without fear of retaliation. I'm pleased to see it was allowed here. What is or isn't done within the admin circles is not public business in my opinion. the policy here is that most members aren't publicly disciplined, so I wouldn't expect mod business to be an exception to that rule, not saying that any action has or will be taken . how in the heck would I know.
    I do think sometimes members of sites expect immediate responses from the admin and its just not a real expectation. they have REAL lives too outside the boards and I can sympathize.
    This thread has ran its coarse, unless anyone else has more to share. Either way, I do applaud the staff for keeping this open. some things might have been over the top here, but I think there were also good and valid points made in places. Lets be honest, criticism over an issue or cause thats passionate to you is never an easy pill to swallow, so I do give credit for them at least listening here. In the end, its not our site. We can make suggestions, give money, not give money, give time and posts, not give time and posts, or whatever. In the end I know I will never agree with every single thing at anyplace I visit probly, but if I see a place that willing to listen to its membership then I will be more likely to frequent that place wherever it may be. I have seen people banned here for similar comments as some made in this thread, and to see that those posters havent been banned yet, says a lot in the way of progress in my opinion. take it for what its worth :twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I didn't even have time to get a full nights sleep, take a dump and eat breakfast yet, so Im not in a panic yet myself that there is no response. Nor do I even expect or think one in writing is required or needed. actions speak louder than words. So many people here, myself included, have just asked for our voices to be heard openly without fear of retaliation. I'm pleased to see it was allowed here. What is or isn't done within the admin circles is not public business in my opinion. the policy here is that most members aren't publicly disciplined, so I wouldn't expect mod business to be an exception to that rule, not saying that any action has or will be taken . how in the heck would I know.
    I do think sometimes members of sites expect immediate responses from the admin and its just not a real expectation. they have REAL lives too outside the boards and I can sympathize.
    This thread has ran its coarse, unless anyone else has more to share. Either way, I do applaud the staff for keeping this open. some things might have been over the top here, but I think there were also good and valid points made in places. Lets be honest, criticism over an issue or cause thats passionate to you is never an easy pill to swallow, so I do give credit for them at least listening here. In the end, its not our site. We can make suggestions, give money, not give money, give time and posts, not give time and posts, or whatever. In the end I know I will never agree with every single thing at anyplace I visit probly, but if I see a place that willing to listen to its membership then I will be more likely to frequent that place wherever it may be. I have seen people banned here for similar comments as some made in this thread, and to see that those posters havent been banned yet, says a lot in the way of progress in my opinion. take it for what its worth :twocents:

Bold parts QFT Can't say I completely agree though.

I didn't expect an immediate response either. I knew that if they truly were considering our suggestions and complaints it would take some time. On that aspect, I completely agree.

However, I fully expect a public discussion out of this. I expect some serious changes. I would LIKE to see some mod changes, but for some reason, I don't expect it. Good Ole Boy network and all.

Something else I didn't expect. I didn't expect them to leave this thread be and let people blatantly flame others to the point that this thread had reached. No one has asked that mods let threads run wild and and turn into all out flame wars against other members. No forum I belong to allows what happened in this thread and that's not what anyone he has asked.

I can't speak for others, but what I've asked for, simply, is that Mods stop being complete dicks when a situation presents itself and they quit banning people they don't agree with. I understand banning someone who constantly causes trouble, but if there are many other members who do the same or agree with that person being banned, maybe the mod team should take a more open approach and find out WHY. And maybe make some changes. Instead of common sense being used, when someone around here gets butt hurt, they run to the mods. If more than a couple complain about something like religious discussion, it gets banned completely. OMG. Ban a subject because someone doesn't know how to NOT READ a subject. :facepalm:

Look, Do what you gotta do. It's Fenway's house. Just realize that the bull**** that's been going on for the last year isn't going unnoticed by the membership, however, they're not ready to chance their membership by speaking up about it.

Personally, at this point, I don't care what you decide to do with this forum or my membership. When God is allowed back here, two as... moderators step down, you finally start equally moderating this forum, and you start trying to work with members of this forum instead of banning them left and right maybe I'll start having something nice to say about this forum to new gun owners and come back myself. And no, I will not discuss this unless it's in the open with the input of the rest of the membership. If my suggestions are meaningless to you and my loss and the loss of other members isn't an issue for you, then please ignore this and allow us to both go our separate ways.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute

I didn't expect an immediate response either. I knew that if they truly were considering our suggestions and complaints it would take some time. On that aspect, I completely agree.

However, I fully expect a public discussion out of this. I expect some serious changes. I would LIKE to see some mod changes, but for some reason, I don't expect it. Good Ole Boy network and all.

Something else I didn't expect. I didn't expect them to leave this thread be and let people blatantly flame others to the point that this thread had reached. No one has asked that mods let threads run wild and and turn into all out flame wars against other members. No forum I belong to allows what happened in this thread and that's not what anyone he has asked.

I can't speak for others, but what I've asked for, simply, is that Mods stop being complete dicks when a situation presents itself and they quit banning people they don't agree with. I understand banning someone who constantly causes trouble, but if there are many other members who do the same or agree with that person being banned, maybe the mod team should take a more open approach and find out WHY. And maybe make some changes. Instead of common sense being used, when someone around here gets butt hurt, they run to the mods. If more than a couple complain about something like religious discussion, it gets banned completely. OMG. Ban a subject because someone doesn't know how to NOT READ a subject. :facepalm:

Look, Do what you gotta do. It's Fenway's house. Just realize that the bull**** that's been going on for the last year isn't going unnoticed by the membership, however, they're not ready to chance their membership by speaking up about it.

Personally, at this point, I don't care what you decide to do with this forum or my membership. When God is allowed back here, two as... moderators step down, you finally start equally moderating this forum, and you start trying to work with members of this forum instead of banning them left and right maybe I'll start having something nice to say about this forum to new gun owners and come back myself. And no, I will not discuss this unless it's in the open with the input of the rest of the membership. If my suggestions are meaningless to you and my loss and the loss of other members isn't an issue for you, then please ignore this and allow us to both go our separate ways.

I don't know if you saw this thread or not, but I made it to collectively bring the concerns to one thread instead of a couple different ones.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/forum_support_suggestions/133770-forum_concerns.html

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

so your coming back for the 30th-ish time to tell everyone your not coming back????:dunno:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    [SNIP]I wouldn't mind seeing anything political thats not 2A related go away personally. yeah, its censoring, but who cares if it makes the community stronger. i think politics is the spawn of most fights here. keep the politics about gun rights and get rid of the other. [SNIP]

AMEN Brother!

This is a Gunowners board, and I feel the ONLY political discussion should be about our rights involving the 2nd Amendment. Anything other than that is should be served up on a different site.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    School bus wreck kills 3, injures 60 | hattiesburgamerican.com | Hattiesburg American

[strike]Really sad for the families of those killed. It must have been the fault of the bus drivers...... I'm sure the semi driver had his stop arms down, and his drop box for cell phones on the rear of his rig. :cool:

Well, lets see...... we're supposed to persecute the bad ones and praise the good ones, right? Gotta be ever-vigilant, pass out tin foil hats, and be everybody else's watchdogs, right?[/strike]

Apparently, the semi driver had a heart attack prior to the wreck. I jumped to conclusions, and my post was incorrect and premature. Apologies.

I don't know if you saw this thread or not, but I made it to collectively bring the concerns to one thread instead of a couple different ones.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/forum_support_suggestions/133770-forum_concerns.html

Jay, for the reason stated in Christmans's post, I am closing this thread. If for any reason you believe it should remain open, please PM myself or another mod.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom