• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smoker9000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Logansport
    This thread cracks me up. Everybody in Indiana loves pistol carbine, because that's as close to a real rifle as we can get for hunting. If the high power law would have passed we all would have hunted with high powers this year. Pistol carbines are fun, but they don't compare to a real rifle. Just m2c

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    This thread cracks me up. Everybody in Indiana loves pistol carbine, because that's as close to a real rifle as we can get for hunting. If the high power law would have passed we all would have hunted with high powers this year. Pistol carbines are fun, but they don't compare to a real rifle. Just m2c
    I think that a lot of folks (well, maybe just me) crack up when Yeager goes, well, Full Yeager. If instead he had gone 1/4 Yeager, and claimed that "for in-home self defense, there are much better choices than pistol caliber carbines" and then talked about why, this would be a different conversation. But, his over the top Yeager-ness is what drives hits to his YouTube channel.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I think that a lot of folks (well, maybe just me) crack up when Yeager goes, well, Full Yeager. If instead he had gone 1/4 Yeager, and claimed that "for in-home self defense, there are much better choices than pistol caliber carbines" and then talked about why, this would be a different conversation. But, his over the top Yeager-ness is what drives hits to his YouTube channel.

Yep, that says it all...the whole blanket statements that he makes are what drive hits to his channel, while at the same time only furthering the impression of him as a blowhard asshat.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just enjoy watching the crying after a James Yeager video is posted.
    its like the people who buy hi-points and instantly justify it with a excuse before you even ask them why they bought one.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I just enjoy watching the crying after a James Yeager video is posted.
    its like the people who buy hi-points and instantly justify it with a excuse before you even ask them why they bought one.

And he doesn't come off at all to you as a YT troll, what with his declarations as fact rather than opinion?

haywire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2015
    Midlothian
    Hello all, new guy here and my first post. I like this place , very well rounded. Just some thoughts on the subject and using some of James own verbage........

(1) In one of his videos James expresses admiration for the 300 BLK because it sends a bullet the same weight as the ACP down the tube subsonic and quietly suppressed.

(2) Yeager claims that a rifle is easier to shoot accuratly than a pistol due to 4 points of contact rather than one or two.

(3) Yeager luvs his ten twenty two and S&W ar22, by his own thought process these should not exist in lieu of a 22 pistol

(4) Yeager claims a hand gun is much to easy to take away from someone, a carbine should be on a sling to keep both hands freed up if need be. You cannot be shot with your own carbine if on a sling and not easily taken away.

(5) yeager also advocates the use of a suppressor for indor use. The sight picture on his G19 sucks with a can but not with a sbr 9mm. A can on 556 aint so hot indors either, especially on an sbr.

(6) Yeager also embraces the 9mm bullet due to development and does admit greater velocities out of a carbine. From my own personal experience the civil defense round clocks in at 2168 fps out of a 10.3 inch ar barrel and 2123 fps out of 12 inch CX4 storm barrel. Although not very accurate they do serious devistation on larger critters. MAC does alot of "done right" 9mm testing.

The list goes on of statements he has said in the past that supports a different conclusion. If his rational were to be consistant he would say "A 9mm pistol sucks compared to a 9mm carbine and a 9mm carbine sucks compared to a 556 carbine".

Generally I find him correct, I just pay more attention to the content of his speak rather than his award winning personality.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    It's all philosophy of use....I don't think a ppc is your first choice as a go to war rifle....just as an lcp or pocket pistol isn't going to be a go to war handgun. They're fine for civilian use or a car gun. He can keep his "STUPID" opinion.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    72 rounds of 7.62X25 in one magazine, 85gr at 1650 fps, very little drop at 100 yards, red dot makes target acquisition very fast...I don't feel undergunned at all with my pistol caliber carbine...

IMG_0549_zpszswdy9d8.jpg

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    (6) Yeager also embraces the 9mm bullet due to development and does admit greater velocities out of a carbine. From my own personal experience the civil defense round clocks in at 2168 fps out of a 10.3 inch ar barrel and 2123 fps out of 12 inch CX4 storm barrel.

Welcome to INGO. ;)

Are you saying 9mm at over 2100fps????

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Is this still being debated? Lol

If all you have is a pistol caliber carbine by all means use it if you know how. Most who have one also have another rifle like an AR15 in 223/556 or and AK.

I enjoy the hell out of my 9mm AR SBR but I won't be grabbing it if I need a rifle

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom