• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    let's see ol' Jimmy hop out in front of 45 Colt second from the left 270gr 2kfps out of a 20" M92!!!!!!!

2vxp2r9.jpg

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I have a .500 S&W rifle that would say it isn't stupid. It also has 20 deer that have been turned into burger that also would agree it isn't stupid

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If you live in an apartment complex and you don't really want to kill your next two neighbors...then you probably don't want a higher penetrating round....:twocents:

You might want to do your research. If that's your situation, a 5.56 is about your best bet. But even then, you're still hoping it hits something more substantial than drywall. And I would research the bird shot thing too before you count on it, just sayin.

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    M1 Carbine, MP-40, Stein, Thompson, M3-Grease gun, Uzi, MP-5, Sterling, PPSh-41 have all proven themselves in armed conflict time and time again. One man's opinion cannot change this. I understand the point he is trying to get at, that SBR's are now available that have advantages to the handgun rounds in the same size package. However that does not make the SMG's less deadly. Besides most gun owners are not Navy Seals out on a mission to save the world. We are armed civilians, and are free to make our own choices as to how to arm ourselves. My beloved Colt Detective Special is not the best CCW gun by any stretch of the imagination, but I still pack it quite a bit. Because I trust it and the LEO training that I have done with that gun still resides in my muscle memory. (yes I am an old fart)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    So, here is how I imagine this video coming about..

James is talking to his buddies.. "You know, my YouTube hits are down, what controversial crap can I talk about to get my hit count back up?"

tada
    You probably nailed it. I like James. He is a very stand up guy, and I consider him a friend. I have a pistol caliber addiction, and I'll probably keep them all and buy more. It's what I like.
    i might have to watch the video now.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    M1 Carbine, MP-40, Stein, Thompson, M3-Grease gun, Uzi, MP-5, Sterling, PPSh-41 have all proven themselves in armed conflict time and time again. One man's opinion cannot change this. I understand the point he is trying to get at, that SBR's are now available that have advantages to the handgun rounds in the same size package. However that does not make the SMG's less deadly. Besides most gun owners are not Navy Seals out on a mission to save the world. We are armed civilians, and are free to make our own choices as to how to arm ourselves. My beloved Colt Detective Special is not the best CCW gun by any stretch of the imagination, but I still pack it quite a bit. Because I trust it and the LEO training that I have done with that gun still resides in my muscle memory. (yes I am an old fart)

Anyone can be an operator! Just grow your beard out, wear Oakley's and 5.11's. Use tactical words and over exaggerate your pistol draw and you are ready to kill Bin Laden.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    After what I saw an 147GR 9mm do to an animal pest, I think my Colt 6450 is more then sufficient to serve as a HD carbine. This just shows he has no first-hand knowledge of what he's talking about.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If I am only going to have one rifle, then yeah, I get this guy's point. I'd definitely pick a 5.56 AR over a 9mm AR. But who the heck only owns one rifle? That's crazy talk! Guns aren't stupid, people are stupid. Unless the gun says Lorcin or Jennings. Then the gun may very well be stupid.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    If I am only going to have one rifle, then yeah, I get this guy's point. I'd definitely pick a 5.56 AR over a 9mm AR. But who the heck only owns one rifle? That's crazy talk! Guns aren't stupid, people are stupid. Unless the gun says Lorcin or Jennings. Then the gun may very well be stupid.

Will you be any less shot with a 147 grain Hydro-shok from a Lorcin pistol than shot from Glock 19 ?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Possibly. I'm pretty sure the Glock will work. Can't say that about the Lorcin.

That's your lack of knowledge showing, I said if you were shot..
    It matters not what pistol it comes out of, and believe me, Lorcin never have a problem going Bang, Lorcins were so good at going Bang that it even had a problem going Bang when the safety was on.
    Kinna like wondering why that Glock discharged when I shoved it in my pocket with no holster.
    Lorcins have a really good track record of shooting people. Alot of times it was the owner or someone they were showing it to.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That's your lack of knowledge showing, I said if you were shot..
    It matters not what pistol it comes out of, and believe me, Lorcin never have a problem going Bang, Lorcins were so good at going Bang that it even had a problem going Bang when the safety was on.
    Kinna like wondering why that Glock discharged when I shoved it in my pocket with no holster.
    Lorcins have a really good track record of shooting people. Alot of times it was the owner or someone they were showing it to.

You have proven my point. You admit that Lorcins go bang with the safety on. They go bang when they aren't supposed to. Pretty stupid, eh?

I didn't say they were incapable of firing a projectile. I said they were stupid.

Nothing further, your honor. :)

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Possibly. I'm pretty sure the Glock will work. Can't say that about the Lorcin.

No this is what you said, you said you were pretty sure the Glock would work, and Can't say that about the Lorcin..
    I just showed you the Lorcin always works, it goes Bang, that's working..
    Thanks for playing....

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No this is what you said, you said you were pretty sure the Glock would work, and Can't say that about the Lorcin..
    I just showed you the Lorcin always works, it goes Bang, that's working..
    Thanks for playing....

Ok, if it means that much to you, you win the internet tonight. Congratulations!

:rockwoot:

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    I'm shocked how many of you completely disregarded any information in this video and jumped right onto the "James Yeager is crap" bandwagon.

His points are spot-on. You have to remember who is asking him these questions. It's not you, the Hoosier deer hunter or apartment dweller that's spent thousands of hours on INGO (and probably arfcom) and knows there's a difference between plinking at MCFG and keeping a Hi Point Carbine in your trunk. The people who are asking him these questions are people who are relatively new to the shooting world and haven't had time to hone their expertise at their keyboards.

They're asking an "expert" for his opinion on which gun they should have and why. Keep in mind... they're asking about gear. When folks ask about gear - as opposed to tactics - they're outting themselves as amateurs.

It doesn't take an expert to know if you have to drop your pistol in favor of a bigger gun it's time for a bigger caliber.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Why are you shocked ? Are you shocked that some members could care less about a narrsisistic unstable blowhard that threatens people that dont agree with him. Why anyone would pay someone as unstable and not a sound person on occasion is beyond logical thinking to me.
    What experience does the man really have ? He was terminated twice from different departments with what a year or less at each. And well controversy abounds about 2003 -2004 overseas. He's a loose cannon way to often. I have never seen him as a good thing for the firearm industry.
    Is this the guy we want on a Billboard for the next NRA Convention ?
    With all the schools that are available here in the USA, truly there are much better options availible.
    And not everyone is a momma's house basement dweller, most dont spend 12 hrs a day online. lots of boys and girls here have served their Country and I'm sure more than a few are Combat Veterans.

This here is nothing but my opinion. No harm no foul.

Good Day.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm shocked how many of you completely disregarded any information in this video and jumped right onto the "James Yeager is crap" bandwagon.

His points are spot-on. You have to remember who is asking him these questions. It's not you, the Hoosier deer hunter or apartment dweller that's spent thousands of hours on INGO (and probably arfcom) and knows there's a difference between plinking at MCFG and keeping a Hi Point Carbine in your trunk. The people who are asking him these questions are people who are relatively new to the shooting world and haven't had time to hone their expertise at their keyboards.

They're asking an "expert" for his opinion on which gun they should have and why. Keep in mind... they're asking about gear. When folks ask about gear - as opposed to tactics - they're outting themselves as amateurs.

It doesn't take an expert to know if you have to drop your pistol in favor of a bigger gun it's time for a bigger caliber.

That's because it's an INGO James Yeager thread. It could be "JY ties his shoes" and you would get the exact same response. I'm surprised no one has commented on his shirt being too tight yet. We've already had the obligatory "hiding in a ditch" reference though, so I'm sure it will be along shortly.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    WAIT!

What if . . .

What if . . .

What if . . . you take a Glock 19 . . . the most greatest superest pistol ever . . .

. . . and you do the SBR paperwork, pay the taxes, and add a shoulder stock and a foregrip?

Would the awesomeness of the Glock 19 offset the stupidity of a 9mm SBR?

BLOWN! <--- what just happened to all of your minds

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    WAIT!

What if . . .

What if . . .

What if . . . you take a Glock 19 . . . the most greatest superest pistol ever . . .

. . . and you do the SBR paperwork, pay the taxes, and add a shoulder stock and a foregrip?

Would the awesomeness of the Glock 19 offset the stupidity of a 9mm SBR?

BLOWN! <--- what just happened to all of your minds

I still think you should start your own YouTube channel.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom