• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Man, if they only made a device for rifle caliber carbines that would substantially lower the concussion, reduce the noise to hearing safe levels, and eliminate the flash. Oh well, I guess I'll have to use a handgun caliber, even though it penetrates farther through household materials and is less effective at stopping an attacker.

Not defending Yeager here, but some of these comments have me chuckling.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Man, if they only made a device for rifle caliber carbines that would substantially lower the concussion, reduce the noise to hearing safe levels, and eliminate the flash. Oh well, I guess I'll have to use a handgun caliber, even though it penetrates farther through household materials and is less effective at stopping an attacker.

I love rifles, and I love Yeager, but every hammer has a purpose........I'll still keep my Pistol Caliber SBRs. But here's a real rifle to keep everybody happy. :ar15:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

Agreed. Some of the comments in this thread are so stupid, it's comical.

haywire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2015
    Midlothian
    I dont believe we live in a society where the media and gubberment comprehends that AR's and AK's are the norm. Having said that, using such rifle rounds in defense of ones self of family could put someone in a secondary defensive posture. Certainly there would be some eyebrows raised and alot of questions asked given the wrong political and physical environment. A PCC or handgun would be be my go to at my primary residence. The 556 would be my go to at my secondary residence. Amazing what 40 miles can change.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    It is funny how much hate there is for Yeager, but look how many pages of discussion he generates in 4 days! I'd say he has accomplished his mission.

Back to topic: I agree with him, from purely the perspective of using it as a weapon. However, many here have made good points about practice and sport shooting. They are great for that. I've thought about a 9mm AR for Friday Night Steel. What a blast that would be! But, again, if I were using it as a weapon, there is simply no way a pistol caliber stacks up to a 5.56. No way. Also, if I have to shoot a guy trying to harm my family, I really don't care about noise, at all, and I don't want a suppressor for that. It makes a rifle too long and a pistol much less accurate. I'm fine with everybody's ears hurting as we're standing over the perp's dead body feeling fortunate he didn't get his way, waiting on the police to arrive. JMHO

Yeager's opinionated, and kind of an ass about it in his videos. Big deal. The guy might actually be a nice guy, one on one. I doubt he'd get much business with his training company if he wasn't. If he isn't a nice guy, that doesn't harm me in any way. I'd just ignore him. I'm not sure why everyone gets their underwear in such a bunch every time this guy opens his pie hole.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom