• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    heres the link and ill past the story WAVE 3 TV Louisville, KY | Road rage shooting being called self-defense
    JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. (WAVE) -- Police are calling it a case of violent road rage after a man is shot at a Jeffersonville, Indiana intersection. WAVE 3's Scott Harvey reports on the incident that happened at the corner of Allison Lane and 10th Street around 3 p.m. Tuesday.
    It is a case of road rage with a twist. Detectives working the case tell us the shooter hasn't been charged, because it appears to be a case of self defense.
    It's not the sort of thing you normally see on your commute home from work.
    "People were standing in the parking lot. Nobody was doing anything, but talking on cell phones, so I told my girlfriend I was going to walk over and see what was going on," said Robert Bagshaw. "As I got closer the guy was talking about he'd been shot."
    Investigators say it started as an altercation between a man riding a motorcycle and a woman driving a SUV behind him.
    "He said they came flying up on him when he was getting ready to turn," said Bagshaw. "So he slowed down on his turn, next thing you know they rolled up a little bit more. They had a few words. He jumped off his bike."
    "She never got out of the vehicle and that is where the shooting occurred," said Det. Todd Hollis with the Jeffersonville Police Department.
    Bagshaw says the man had a single gunshot to the chest. He waited with the motorcycle rider until EMS arrived. He told us the man kept talking about the argument at the car.
    "Supposedly she thought he had spit at her, but he said his false teeth fell out, so she shot him," explained Bagshaw. "So, I mean, there may be a little more to it than what the other guy is saying of course."
    And investigators say there is. No charges have been filed against the woman, because police say at this point it appears to be self-defense.
    "Exactly what he said or what his actions were, how threatening they were, will be determined through the investigation," said Det. Hollis.
    Det. Hollis told us the woman was completely cooperative. So much so she called 911 from the scene. Police say she does have a permit to carry the snub-nosed .38 caliber revolver used in the shooting.
    "It does belong to her," said Det. Hollis. "We ran a check on it to make sure it's wasn't stolen. She does carry it in the car for her protection. She told us that."
    Regardless, Det. Hollis says this should be a lesson on how not to deal with road rage.
    "If someone cuts you off or if someone acts aggressive on the road, the best thing to do is get away from it," said Det. Hollis. "If they are acting aggressive to a point to where they are dangerous, call police."
    The man was taken to University Hospital in Louisville and at last check was in surgery. His condition is unknown at this time.
    Police say they will continue to investigate, but ultimately the Clark County Prosecutor's Office will have the final say if charges will be filed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The comment about disparity of force is right on the money. A woman should be in fear of death or serious bodily injury when a man approaches her in an aggressive manner, especially when the only thing we really know is that it was a heated situation. Until evidence to the contrary is provided, I think she acted well within the law. Whether or not it could have been handled differently is a now a moot point.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    For the people who are vilifying the woman for shooting this guy without first exchanging words, or fisticuffs or whatever. It's possible this woman has previously been the victim of domestic abuse. Or abuse as a child at the hands of a male father figure. It's possible that psychologically she fears what a man can do to her based on what's been done in the past.

I'm not saying this is or is not a "Good Shoot". What I am saying is, before jumping on the "She's guilty for not taking a beating first...." or whatever bandwagon, looking into her past and what may have caused quick and decisive action from her.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A punch thrown, a kick round housed, a lugie hocked in the face...
    Makes no difference. An assault is an assault and she had no way of knowing what was about to follow. She stopped the threat and then called 911, and that's what it's all about.

Well said.

I think this issue is also complicated because many who read this consider what they might do in a similar situation, but don't put themselves in the position of being a woman being assaulted by a man. Double standards may not be politically correct, but men and women are different, and standards have to reflect that.

Another factor (and forgive me if this was already addressed), is that it's alleged that she hit him with the door first. To me, that sounds like she tried to get him to stop by hitting him with the door, but it didn't work. If that's what happened, then it strengthens her case even more. If hitting someone with a big chunk of metal doesn't stop their attack, then it's more than reasonable to conclude that an escalation of force is not only justified, but required.

Last edited:

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    i do not think we shoud vilify her either but unless we know the facts i do not be leave we should say it was a good shot good for her either. the fact is that there were many other ways that this whole thing could have gone good and bad. also the thing that bothers me personally about this is that she opened her door. im sorry but if i was a girl or a woman in her place and a man was comeing at me in my car the last thing i would want to do is open my door and make my self more open to attack (even if i was going to hit him with the door as she did).

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    Another factor (and forgive me if this was already addressed), is that it's alleged that she hit him with the door first. To me, that sounds like she tried to get him to stop by hitting him with the door, but it didn't work.

The reports don't say whether he came back at her after she hit him with the door. All I have seen is that she hit him with the door, and then she shot him. At this point, we don't know what he did after getting hit.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My wife told me the woman was jailed today. Is this true??
    This is all I could find:
    "Prosecutor To Announce Decision On Charges In Shooting
    Prosecutor Steve Stewart will announce his decision of whether any charges will be filed against the suspect of last week's shooting. Stewart will make the announcement at a press conference scheduled for tomorrow morning. Last Tuesday, 39-year-old Yolonda Parrish made a call to 911 saying that she had shot a man after at the intersection of Tenth Street and Allison Lane. The victim was 52-year-old Wesley Mosier of Corydon. Police believe the shooting was the result of a road rage incident.Witnesses report seeing Mosier get off of his motorcycle and approach Parrish's car, when she shot him in the chest. Parrish's attorney released a statement on her behalf saying she is devastated about the situation and keeps Mosier in her prayers. Mosier was taken to the University of Louisville hospital where he remains in serious condition. Police say he was still in a confused state-of-mind today, but they do expect to interview him some time this week."

Indiana 9 Southern Indiana's Source for News, Weather, Sports and Information - Home

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Yolanda really should have come to our INGO class. I think we need more facts here but it sounds like she would be in a lot better shape if she had listened to the legal portion of our class.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I do not know enough about the situation to make a comment on whether or not her use of force was justified. If she is/was justified she should have shut up made a call to the police and hung up. Kicking the guy when he is down is not going to help and from the look of that video report it is going to come back to bite her in the ass.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    My wife says she saw on the news that the ISP was considering revoking her CCW permit for her previous road rage/gun waving incident.
    Anyone elsse see that?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm sure he has had plenty of time to consult with his Lawyer before he said anything to the Police. The story sure seems slanted against the woman. I wonder if those incidents that have happened in the past are documented? If not is any of that relevant or admissible in court?
    I wonder how many people who might not like you would come out with a story to make you look bad, if you found yourself in a similar situation?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened. Based on what I've heard from both sides, the whole thing sounds fishy. I'm not buying either story.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    well its not just her story that was told the thing is she said that he opened the door and witnesses said that she hit him with the door. i mean i wasn’t there but from what all we have here both stories are sketchy.(as hell) But, it is very true there are almost always 3 sides to the story person A person B and what really happened most of the time its a mix between the 2 + many things that are totally left out. (I’m rather sure that her past incidents would be let in to show character as well as anger issues and how prone to violence etc this lady maybe.

Top Bottom