• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I am amazed how quickly people judge without ALL the facts. It is easy to criticize with the 20-20 clarity that hindsight brings. Perhaps, afterward, it was discovered he had no weapon on him, but she could not have known that at the time. I added my $.02 to the feedback page. Let her be judged by the facts and not the court of public opinion.

(+1000) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:cheers:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    And BTW the woman was not attacked, just approached.
    Not so. She stated that she thought he was spitting on her:

"Supposedly she thought he had spit at her, but he said his false teeth fell out, so she shot him," explained Bagshaw. "So, I mean, there may be a little more to it than what the other guy is saying of course."

That's from the Wave3 TV link that came from Clayton Cramer's Civilian Gun Self-Defense Blog.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Not so. She stated that she thought he was spitting on her:

"Supposedly she thought he had spit at her, but he said his false teeth fell out, so she shot him," explained Bagshaw. "So, I mean, there may be a little more to it than what the other guy is saying of course."

That's from the Wave3 TV link that came from Clayton Cramer's Civilian Gun Self-Defense Blog.

Oh..... well that's entirely different. It was a spit attack. Heck.. she should of kept on firing 'till she was empty!!! :lmfao:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Oh..... well that's entirely different. It was a spit attack. Heck.. she should of kept on firing 'till she was empty!!! :lmfao:
    A punch thrown, a kick round housed, a lugie hocked in the face...
    Makes no difference. An assault is an assault and she had no way of knowing what was about to follow. She stopped the threat and then called 911, and that's what it's all about.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It will be interesting to hear all the facts in this case.

My wife first told me about this story. She said "you hear about that woman who road raged and shot someone on a motorcycle?"

I told her there could be a lot more to the story. But she had already passed judgement.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    If you're in traffic and you get off your bike, out of your car, whatever, YOU are making an aggressive move towards someone else who is still inside their car. I made a decision long ago that if anyone got out of their car and approached mine (knowing they were upset with me for whatever reason) I'd draw my sidearm and stop him / her. I would probably warn them first before firing, but there's really no way to know what I'd do except that I'd stop the threat. Especially with my son in the car.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have a bubble of personal space. This bubble is subject to grow or shrink at my discretion. He/She who enters my bubble better be prepared to be loved upon or defended against, pending the situation.

I am a passive and affectionate person by nature, but that can change before you can blink. If you have intentions of hurting me or I deem you a threat... stay the hell out of my bubble.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    My god some of you people scare me. Being spit on justifies using deadly force? Entering your bubble to cuss you out does?
    Don`t get me wrong, I`m all for defending yourself by whatever means the situation calls for, but if it`s looking like a good old fashion ass whoopin, I`ll take it before I have to kill someone.

(puts flame suit on)

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    with out knowing all the facts you can not pass judgment and on top of that they said that she hit him with the door and then shot him in the chest. she had already gotten him away from the suv so why did she not just leave it at that and drive off or “bump” the bike out of the way. i am totally up for self Defense(my friend had to use his Mateba .454 3” when someone tried to car jack him (armed with a knife) needless to say the attacker didn’t make it). But from what I can tell the man posed lil threat after been hit with the door.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    There's no way to tell if the person coming at you is ready to give you a "good old fashioned ass whoopin" or is going to kill you. I'm not saying I completely agree with the woman who the story is about, I'm simply stating that if you leave your vehicle to approach someone in traffic that you had an argument with, you are the aggressor. People have also died from a hand to hand beating. I dont care if you're just going to punch me or going to shoot me, I'm drawing my firearm if you leave your vehicle to come at me.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    There's no way to tell if the person coming at you is ready to give you a "good old fashioned ass whoopin" or is going to kill you. I'm not saying I completely agree with the woman who the story is about, I'm simply stating that if you leave your vehicle to approach someone in traffic that you had an argument with, you are the aggressor. People have also died from a hand to hand beating. I dont care if you're just going to punch me or going to shoot me, I'm drawing my firearm if you leave your vehicle to come at me.
    Rep points. Yep. You get them.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    A punch thrown, a kick round housed, a lugie hocked in the face...
    Makes no difference. An assault is an assault and she had no way of knowing what was about to follow. She stopped the threat and then called 911, and that's what it's all about.

Wow :runaway:

I'd be interested to get the opinion of both a certified defensive shooting instructor AND an attorney (preferably a prosecuting attorney) on the whole "Spit = Death" stance. :dunno:

Last edited:

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    Yes, I agree that you should stop a threat but a shot fired should be the last resort not the first.(unless you know they mean to kill you or have a weapon themselves then i would try some thing else other than shoot but if they point as to shoot or stab me I will shoot) But she said that she thought he spit at her not that he did or that he came at her to hit her etc... You said “an assault is an assault” did you not Anne? So, since he "Supposedly she thought he had spit at her" she can use deadly force??? If “an assault is an assault” as you said what about the verbal assault that went on with the yelling before hand??? (just wondering because you said an assault is an assault no matter what ) did that give her the right to shoot him in the chest after already knocking him back with the car door? I mean i see no problem defending ones self with in reason but "an assault is an assault" when she thought he spit at her (not even on her). She can shoot and its justified?!?! I’m sorry but your saying that spit=hit sorry not the same thing at all. The means used to stop a threat should be different on how sever the threat. From what is on those 2 links I can understand hitting with the car door or even threating him with gun trained on him. But I do not agree with the comment “an assault is an assault“. Sorry but its not.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You'll be just fine as long as you don't charge at me with malicious and grievous intent bent on causing me bodily harm or death. ;)

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    You'll be just fine as long as you don't charge at me with malicious and grievous intent bent on causing me bodily harm or death. ;)
    Just as a heads up. I am going to start charging your way in the morning. If all goes as planned, I should be there about 3pm on Wednesday. You have been warned.

:):

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just as a heads up. I am going to start charging your way in the morning. If all goes as planned, I should be there about 3pm on Wednesday. You have been warned.

:):

2czzexi.jpg

Top Bottom