• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    1. He should NEVER have gotten off of his bike. That right there showed intent. He was intent on doing something. What? We don't know but it doesn't matter. He shouldn't have gotten off of the bike.

2. It seems that her first thought was to just shoot though. That's what is scary. She was already in her car. She should have rolled up the window and looked around to see if she could have drive the car some place else. (backed up and went around). I don't know because I wasn't there. The adrenaline could have just been so high because she was scared too.

As with all news stories, you can not believe them. It seems they are always one sided and never have all of the facts. Everything you read in the news needs to be taken lightly until you do indeed have the facts.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    2. It seems that her first thought was to just shoot though. That's what is scary. She was already in her car. She should have rolled up the window and looked around to see if she could have drive the car some place else. (backed up and went around). I don't know because I wasn't there. The adrenaline could have just been so high because she was scared too.
    I have wondered how it would be looked at if someone approached your vehicle, and you shot them in defense, instead of driving away.

In a related story. I had a guy on a motorcycle blatantly cut me off 3 July 4ths ago. I honked at him, AND HE BRAKE CHECKED ME! NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE! He got next to me, and kept motioning and telling me to suck his &*(^ and pull over. I called 911, and told them what was happening. Well, it was this guy's lucky day. We were on 36 headed towards Danville, and only a couple miles from the Sheriff's department. Next thing you know, there were 3 or 4 Sheriff's cars. :): They pulled him and his buddy over, and I turned into a lot to turn around as I had passed my turn off to follow the 2 bikers. A car followed me into the lot and wanted to know if I was ok, and that they had seen everything.

I don't know what the moral of my story is, but they got what they deserved. :thumbsup:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What did we miss out on? :dunno:

Just a smartass comment.

But the bottom line is that I changed my mind about posting it for two reasons:

1. Belaboring a point with those who won't reason ends up at the corner of No and Where.

2. Arguing on the net is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I left this comment:
    "I am amazed at how many people think that you should cower to someone showing agression(or take the beating) and wait for the police to arrive. Some suggested she drive off. I guess they never read the part of the story where the biker BLOCKED her SUV. The Police don't protect citizens, they respond to crimes. I wonder what you idiots would have been saying if the story read "Woman and Son killed at the hands of a Biker in road rage incident" maybe you will learn to protect yourselves before something violent happens to you or a loved one. Personal protection is your RESPONSIBILITY."

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    ok my only point is i dont have all the facts so i cant say if she was in thr "right" or not. Im wondering would the everyone that said that that was the right thing to do would say that if she would have stabbed him insted of shot him (just a thought)? And, I know it said the bike blocked the suv but come on suv vs a bike i can knock a bike over with out the aid of any other power than my own im sure an suv could move it. i do not think that you should cower or any thing like that but also i do not think that extream action should be taken unless called for and the story does not give the info to say if it was totally called for or not. and i would have my gun ready to defind myself but i would not use it unless it was called for and the thing is after hittin him with the door unless he was still comein at you you have a chance to get away and you should do so or you are no longer definding you become an attacker your self if you do not take the opp to leave and insted "provoke"(keep going after them) or "finsh the job"

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    WOW :n00b:

I think I'm now officially done with this tread.
    You should be on a debate team. But not getting up to actually say anything. Maybe the towel boy?

The woman did what she had to do. I'm sorry that you can't see that but she did not want to become a victim, plain and simple.

If you spit in an officer's face, guess what happens? They draw and you're immediately in a world of hurt becuase it's ASSAULT.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    An assault is an assault

If you spit in an officer's face, guess what happens? They draw and you're immediately in a world of hurt becuase it's ASSAULT.
    Sadly, Feign...I must retract my "assault" comment and also correct yours.
    It would seem that others who have posted that spitting is not an assault are indeed correct.
    It's not.
    It's Battery.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Just a smartass comment.

But the bottom line is that I changed my mind about posting it for two reasons:

1. Belaboring a point with those who won't reason ends up at the corner of No and Where.

2. Arguing on the net is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.
    Willing to PM it to me? I like a good smart ass comment. :)

Did any watch Flavor of Love? One girl spit on another, and it was on. She about whooped her ass.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Willing to PM it to me? I like a good smart ass comment. :)
    Nah... all I did was quote the "on my way with a big lugie for ya" type posts that were directed at me and I linked a site for free HIV/AIDS/Hep/etc. testing and asked to be carbon copied by noon with the results. Then I figured that was about as juvenile as the initial posts themselves, so I edited it to say so. Then I figured it was futile to edit a post no one would have read so I was going to delete it altogether, but I didn't see where to delete the comment from.... so I just edited it to say "never mind".
    The rest is just :blahblah:.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Nah... all I did was quote the "on my way with a big lugie for ya" type posts that were directed at me and I linked a site for free HIV/AIDS/Hep/etc. testing and asked to be carbon copied by noon with the results. Then I figured that was about as juvenile as the initial posts themselves, so I edited it to say so. Then I figured it was futile to edit a post no one would have read so I was going to delete it altogether, but I didn't see where to delete the comment from.... so I just edited it to say "never mind".
    The rest is just :blahblah:.
    That would have been a good point to make though. It never crossed my mind about HIV/AIDS/Hep/etc.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    I think there are way too many people out there that do not realize CCW is a HUGE responsibility and they can no longer afford to act like a jackass anytime someone ticks them off. A simple argument could easily turn into a situation where there is now a gun involved.
    Anyone hear about the ex-cop and the bully that road raged in J-town KY? Now the bully is f-uped for life because he was being a jackass. Sad.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I think there are way too many people out there that do not realize CCW is a HUGE responsibility and they can no longer afford to act like a jackass anytime someone ticks them off.
    It's not about acting like a jackass. It's about being threatened and stopping the threat. I don't understand how those two points aren't being differentiated. All snarkiness aside, maybe you could try to explain your point of view about that...because I really just don't see it.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    It's not about acting like a jackass. It's about being threatened and stopping the threat. I don't understand how those two points aren't being differentiated. All snarkiness aside, maybe you could try to explain your point of view about that...because I really just don't see it.

I agree....dont threaten people and you wont have a problem...deffinetly a mother with her kid in the car.

Top Bottom