• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    It's not about acting like a jackass. It's about being threatened and stopping the threat.

Every "threat" doesn`t need to be stopped with deadly force is what I`m saying.
    My statement you quoted was a general comment, not about the woman and the biiker incident. But it IS about not acting like a jackass. If I go to Walmart today and some guy is checking out my wifes ass, I will not give him the finger and tell him to **** off. Why? Because he then may decide he wants to kick my ass, we roll around on the fllor, my gun falls out, he thinks I`m trying to shoot him, and he grabs my gun and kills me with it.
    So when he said he was going to kick my ass I should draw on him? If you would, then I guess we have differing opinions on the need for deadly force.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    What do you want to bet that if he lives he'll think twice next time about blocking someone elses vehicle and getting off of his bike and going after them.
    And I'm thinking, he parked his bike in front of her suv blocking her in, put the suv in 4x4 and drive over it ( boy if he was mad before that would really **** him off) and call the police.

Last edited:

j1s116

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Here is a little road rage example. A few weeks ago I was heading east on Stop 11 on the south side. I came to a stop at Railroad Road. The stop sign at this intersection is behind the railroad tracks that runs north and south along Railroad Road. When I came to a stop there was a lady stopped at the stop sign to my right on Railroad Rd. I waved her to go. I then seen this guy in one of those box car suv's pull up to the stop sign on Railroad Rd. He started yelling something. I thought he way yelling at the lady that was in front of him. Then I realized he was yelling at me. This guy was pissed and screaming that I did not need to stop behind the railroad tracks. I raised my hand to tell him OK claim down.

I then proceeded to cross the intersection and this guy pulls out in front of me and I almost hit him. I thought what and ******* and proceeded to follow him east on Stop 11. The next thing I know this guy is pulling over and waving me to stop. I just pass him by and hoped he would just go away. But no he then decides to tailgate me.

I then turn south on 135 and he passes me and tries to stop in front of me to get me to stop. I go around him and pull into my destination. I pull in front of the office building grab my cell phone and place my gun between my legs. I thought for sure this guy would follow me into the office complex but to my surprise he drove on.

Now what was I planning to do if he followed me and confronted me? I was going to call 911 and inform them about this idiot. If he approached my car I and started yelling, I would have just waited for the cops. If he started pounding on my car I would have got out of the car with my gun. I would hope without pointing it at him he would get the point and go away, but if he approached me then he would have ended up shot.

I don't know, I love my car and I may have just shot the idiot for pounding on it.

Now if someone here says this was not a threat then I don't know why you even carry. You will end up getting hurt before you even have a chance to use your gun to protect yourself.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I agree....dont threaten people and you wont have a problem...deffinetly a mother with her kid in the car.

:n00b:
    Obviously, none of you are actually motorcycle riders.
    What was the reason he felt he had to stop and talk to her?

I would bet that HE felt very threatened on the bike and this time put him over the edge.
    I can't count the times I've been cut off, tailgated within 6 feet, and been pulled out in front of.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    Yep, I ride a bike as well and have nearly been killed by moronic drivers on a couple occasions.
    I don`t know the details of this incident, but I haven`t even heard the lady say that the biker even said anything to her.
    If he was approching her vehicle saying he was going to kill her, then fine, smoke his ass. But if he was just pissed off and coming to her car....?

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Yep, I ride a bike as well and have nearly been killed by moronic drivers on a couple occasions.
    I don`t know the details of this incident, but I haven`t even heard the lady say that the biker even said anything to her.
    If he was approching her vehicle saying he was going to kill her, then fine, smoke his ass. But if he was just pissed off and coming to her car....?

What would he be coming to the car for??? If it was my wife and kid, i would hope she would do the same thing. There are some crazy ass people in this world who wouldnt care to just beat the woman to death...

Remember that old lady pulled out of her car a couple of months ago i think in Indy and was almost beaten to death. The woman got out of her car and walked up to the old ladys car and beat her ass because she was driving to slow. Crazy **** happens all the time....

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    If someone was approaching my wifes car I would hope the first thing she wouldn`t do is sling her door open to hit the guy. Thats only going to enrage him further. Now if it was evident he planned to lay his hands on her then by all means put a couple in the chest.
    We don`t have any evidence whatsoever that this guy was planning to harm her, maybe he was going to call her a dumb bitch and tell her to learn how to drive.
    Like I said, I`m not defending the guy cause I don`t know what he may have been planning to do, but I`m a little leary of this lady since she had previous incidents.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    ok for one as every one is speculateing here i know he should have not gotten off his bike or any thing for that matter (he was wrong there) but would we all be haveing this arguement if she would have stabbed him???? and as it has been pointed out and ignored time and time again SUV vs. parked bike knock the F*!#in thing over and drive off. and also if she has priers i would have to put a lil doubt in her after all when your scared for your life are you gona open your door so they can get to you easyer or are you just gona shoot them through your window???

kat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    Having the right to carry a gun legally is something that many people take for granted. This incident proves my point. Alot of people are too afraid of a good old fashioned fight anymore and just go straight for the gun. The man was wrong for getting off his bike but the lady didn't even give him a chance to say what he had to say before firing. He was probably going to just cuss her out but instead of waiting to see what he had to say she opened her car door and hit him with it then shot him. Then her and her 15 year old son were still yelling at him while he was on the ground. The 15 year old son was cussing at him and kicking him while he was on the ground. Did anyone hear that this woman had another incident of road rage 2 months ago where she pulled her gun on another man? Seems to me like she's crazy and doesn't need to have a gun.

Too many people think that guns are for showing off. I guess they think if they have a gun permit they are now part of the police force. Let the police do their jobs, she should have called the cops the second she saw the guy getting off his bike. Maybe if she wouldn't have been driving like an idiot he wouldn't have gotten off his bike, seems to me like he was the one who was provoked.

People saying they will shoot someone for spitting a hocker on them are idiots. I would only pull a gun if I were attacked in a parking lot or someone broke into my house etc..Not because someone spit at me. Why do you have to shoot them just grow some balls and spit back!! Apparently some of you have never been in a real fight, what did you all do when you were kids and couldn't carry guns?

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    yes and also i have seen that people are ignoreing the fact that they stood there yelling cussing etc... at him when he was layin there bleeding to death from a gunshot wound to the chest before they called the cops. Now does any of this other behaveior bother any one els???

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    also look at the wording "Witnesses say an aggressive motorcycle driver blocked an SUV from going around. When the two stopped he jumped off his bike" not that she stoped because he blocked her in so she couldnt go but that more or less he wouldnt let her pass.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    He was probably going to just cuss her out but instead of waiting to see what he had to say she opened her car door and hit him with it then shot him.
    Yeah. No way to know what he was going to do till he did it. What if he was probably going to kill her? She'd be too dead to do anything about it then. If you're in a parking lot and you approach me, thats one thing. You leave your vehicle IN TRAFFIC to approach me, I'm drawing. Bottom line.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the board.

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Being approached by someone, even if they're pissed is not a "threat of grave bodily harm or death". Not that it couldn't turn into that so I would be ready ( gun in hand at leg level perhaps), but until there is articulable proof of the above threat, I don't think that it is a good shoot. If we start shooting people who are pissed at us and walking toward us without any other indication they intend to harm us then we feed the anti's vision of the "wild wild west" & "the streets running with blood" from arguments. Then again I'm not the prosecutor.

Oh, BTW, I don't think you can get AIDS from saliva ( i.e. kissing) unless there is blood in it. which I guess there wiould have been after the lady shot him in the chest.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Alot of people are too afraid of a good old fashioned fight anymore and just go straight for the gun.

The facts are not in on this story. But I disagree that a woman should engage in a good old fashioned fight with a biker who is showing aggression. You also mentioned she stood over him and cussed at him. I'm guessing this might be a normal thing to do if you are pumped full of adrenaline and under the stress of just having had to fire your weapon. Nobody reacts the same way to a fight or flight situation.

Last edited:

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    Being approached by someone, even if they're pissed is not a "threat of grave bodily harm or death". Not that it couldn't turn into that so I would be ready ( gun in hand at leg level perhaps), but until there is articulable proof of the above threat, I don't think that it is a good shoot. If we start shooting people who are pissed at us and walking toward us without any other indication they intend to harm us then we feed the anti's vision of the "wild wild west" & "the streets running with blood" from arguments. Then again I'm not the prosecutor.
    I must agree and you really need to think about this not just be like "go her"

Last edited:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

There is a thing called disparity of force. If a big guy is approaching a small woman, in a threatening manner, there already is a "threat of grave bodily harm" due to disparity of force. Ask yourself this, if the guy gets one good punch in, what are the chances of the woman EVER responding to the threat? It would be over in an instant and the bigger threat would completely control the situation.

Was she right to shot the man? I don't know enough to answer that. Was she wrong for drawing? Not necessarily. I agree with your statement that you can't just shoot people who your are pissed at, but someone aggressively approaching can quickly be a lethal threat for someone smaller or weaker. Now you would have kept the gun at leg level. Perhaps you are better and more confident as quickly raising the gun and getting on target. It might make more sense for someone less practiced to be on target if the threat gets within a short distance.

If you are yelling for an aggressor to stop, while pointing a pistol at them, and they don't. Is this now a threat? I would think so, because that tells me the person is pissed enough that they are not thinking straight and will possibly do harm.

Now, it should be said that your position is much weakened if you caused the situation that made the threat angry. You can't cut off someone and then shoot them when they get pissed.

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Unless I skipped over it in the story, there is no reference to the woman having a legal carry permit either.

Top Bottom