IN police shatter car window, extract passenger after alleged seatbelt violation

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    IC, But they have town stickers as well.

Those laws are confusing for everyone. It is the non seat belt wearers ticket, but you can't inspect him. So, they had to see the passenger not wearing it first?!?!?!

Don't be confused thug I'm sure the whole thing went down like this,

JBT #1 (2 prior cases against him) - Hey guys look what I took from the fire department guys last week.
    JBT #2 - Is that a ....
    JBT #1 - Yup...
    JBT #2 - So hum
    JBT #1 - We go to try this one someone. Lets finds us some suckers to try this one.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As someone with a zombie eye, I just cannot believe they did that with kids in the car. The flying glass just makes me shiver.

What a stupidity fest all the way around. I would be shocked if the prosecution of Jamal goes forward on the RLE.

I would not be shocked if this matter settles quickly.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Depends on what you mean by "quickly". Once a defense firm gets a hold of it, they're going to make sure and churn fees for a while...not a criticism, mind you.

Ask me how I know ;)

You think the insurance company lawyers want to go with depositions on this stupidity?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You think the insurance company lawyers want to go with depositions on this stupidity?

Do you have any idea what cases I have been defending for the past 9 years? (Rhetorical question meant to signify that actions some would call "indefensible" can still lead to years of litigation)

Depositions where the ever lovin' **** gets beat out of client pay as well as the ones where you have a good case.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Can it store to the cloud? Jbts have been known to eat data on site don't you know.

That's why you put key nuts above the data card, or cover and epoxy the slot. They can't remove the card, and no way are they figuring out how to delete data manually.

If you're more concerned than that, you can wire in remote data storage. Just save the data on a small data storage device mounted in your trunk or something.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Re: why so many people in NWI have Illinois plates and live in Indiana

IL plates cost less on newer vehicles....much less. Example, my wife's minivan:

2012 Chrysler T & C-
    Indiana- $228
    Illinois- $101

The newer and more expensive the vehicle, the greater the difference.
    my plates are 80 in IN.200 in IL

irishanimal917

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    :popcorn:I saw this article & video on FB first and now here. All of the officers actions we're very disturbing to say the very least. I also read the lawsuit being launched towards the Hammond PD and it too was sickening due to their actions! Between the video, statements made in the lawsuit, prior history of the PD itself having other issues & civil rights being infringed, I'd say the very least that needs to happen would the Officers be let go and the entire PD be investigated. I would have come completely unglued if I had been that passenger!

It's bad apples like these guys that give good LEO's a bad name!:bs:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I read one article where the PD is claiming the guy wasn't wearing his seat belt either. If that is true, then they have a right to enforce the law that mandates he wear his seat belt. Since that is an infraction in Indiana, then he has to provide his ID. From what I saw, he tried to provide it, but they refused, then they shattered his window. It seems they were hell bent on getting some form of official picture ID. My only assumption here is that they likely thought he had a warrant and didn't want to ID himself with legitimate ID. Unfortunately for Hammond PD, the law states that a person can provide information verbally. We only see part of the situation, so I'll withhold judgement until the prosecutor or civil case works itself out.

Top Bottom