IN police shatter car window, extract passenger after alleged seatbelt violation

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Without RAS of an infraction or ordinance violation or RABCOS, any LEO's demand for ID may be freely rebuffed without threat of further adverse action.

The JBTs had RAS for their action. See my PM since I'm not going to get an infraction/ban for it.

You have no rights on the side of the road. ( especially while looking down the barrel of a duty weapon). You do, however, have the possibility of the court ruling that your rights have been violated.

^This

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    your+papers+please2.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Do I have any rights in my own backyard? Just curious.

If you ask Rambone the answer is NO.
    If you ask Jedi the answer is 75% of the time NO, 25% maybe.

So...they have to give you the right to remain silent?!?!?!

What kind of tool was that he used?

Tool_To_Break_Car_Window_Auto_Emergency.jpg_220x220.jpg

It's an emergency tool that can break the glass and also has a cutter to remove the seat belt.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If the cops keep escalating this, soon there will be more than just one out in the PA woods looking for a chance to get even. No threat or intent implied or intended. Just a prediction. Eventually, folks are going to get fed up with this and do a little "beer for my horses" on these guys.

The only thing that scares me more than a cop walking up to my vehicle is a Muslim with a machete (for the record, I just returned from Indonesia, the most populous Muslim nation in the world).

Yes, there are good cops; just like there are good Muslims.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That thing means business.
    halligan1.gif

The guy didn't see that coming? Not something you would wear on your duty belt.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    While strictly true, they are not allowed to coerce the production of identifying information, nor are they allowed to exercise excessive force in removing a person from the vehicle. Making the removal from the vehicle ostensibly predicated on the lawful refusal to ID self of a vehicular passenger would seem to me to immediately jump any such removal of the passenger which involved any level of force from the LEOs into the excessive realm. Refusal to consent where consent is clearly not coercible under the law (Starr) cannot be allowed to be used to escalate a LEO's use of force.

Without RAS of an infraction or ordinance violation or RABCOS, any LEO's demand for ID may be freely rebuffed without threat of further adverse action.

the seatbelt violation is an infraction and you must identify yourself. looks like you contradicted yourself in your post above.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That was the driver's infraction, not the passenger's.

Nice try, though.

And, even if it was the passenger who committed the infraction, where's that logic? "You rode in a vehicle without a safety belt on, which is potentially dangerous, so we're gonna smash your window, shower you in glass, taze you, and rough you up, which is all actually dangerous."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom