• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    My jackwagon hospital provided rooms for nurses and anyone else that wanted to stay. The rooms (albeit in a closed unit) are unsecured and puts you at risk to anyone who gets through the doors of said hospital. Oh, and by the way, here are some cots and some meal tickets to the same crappy cafeteria food you already hate for your trouble. Oh, you won't be paid for the time you're there unless you're actually working. You're also not allowed to leave when your scheduled shift is over if your relief doesn't arrive and can hold you "hostage" or threaten you with patient abandonment (putting you at risk for losing your license).

Yup, that's the position my Fiance is in at this moment. She's an RN and works night shift, so she's been driving while "not supposed to". Her hospital doesn't care what's going on, if you're scheduled you have to be at work. Obviously you can call off, but it pisses of every other nurse their, and you get written up. She'll be working extra tomorrow because people will definitely call off. I don't know how or why you would get a ticket if you have to be at work. Most businesses who could shut down, did shut down.

She brought stuff to stay tomorrow if she has to work extra. She doesn't like driving in this weather when she's fully alert, but she hates it even more after working 16+ hours.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Look I think this closure thing particularly in Marion County was a joke. You had the Mayor trying to protect us all from ourselves. I got up and did not check to see if we were still in the red I just warmed up my car pulled to the end of the drive and saw the main road was good and drove carefully. I had no problems nor did I even see anyone slid off. The roads are snow packed and it is cold with some minor drifting. If you are not able to drive in this and make decisions to not drive into deep snow drifts or drive slowly you probably shouldn't be driving in good weather. Now if you live out inbetween a lot of fields and the wind is blowing hard you may wanted to wait it out a little longer. I also understood that if I had an issue I was on my own and I was dressed and prepared for that as well.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Hey, guys- now is your chance to show what a great patriot you are by disobeying the closure!

Im not scared! You make my truck payment, I'll call in to work, come pick you up and we can go shooting. It will be our own little NFA day.:rockwoot:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    ... such as?

How he missed the dozens of semis that the news said were lined up all along Rt. 30 waiting to get onto 65, or how he missed the barracades, or why he approached the officer by asking if there was a problem.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thank you for the unnecessary name-calling. It's good to know that you have that tool in your toychest whenever you disagree with someone. You'll note that at no time did I ever call OP a jackwagon. I never even implied it. Since you and at least one other person seem only to be interested in picking a fight with me and to somehow imply that I've been doing nothing but slinging insults, I'm going to go ahead and exit this thread and leave you to it.[/The "jackwagon post" is the guy that thought the emergency didn't apply to him and then *****ed when he got dinged for it.

The "jackwagon post" is the guy that thought the emergency didn't apply to him and then *****ed when he got dinged for it.
    This is a direct word for word quote from your post

Which was a direct reply to this post:
    Kind of a jackwagon post there Scutter.....

Maybe you need to verify your facts before you type

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    How he missed the dozens of semis that the news said were lined up all along Rt. 30 waiting to get onto 65, or how he missed the barracades, or why he approached the officer by asking if there was a problem.

Oh, when did the news start telling the truth? I hadn't heard about that.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I didn't have the TV going, or a radio on, not on the internet, etc... knew nothing about the closings.

Until, I recieved a phone call (yesterday) from the county police emergency system, stating the snow emergency and that ALL county roads were closed. If you had an emergency, you were to call 911. Recieved another one today about 65, 80/94 being closed and to stay home and off the roads.

Further stating people were continueing to travel and block the roads for emergency vehicles. Causing them to re-route and take longer to respond. They stated that they would ticket people for traveling and it carried a $500 fine!

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I did a cursory search earlier today and could find no code (via in.gov) that discussed travel restrictions. I think it is presumptuous that people must know what is going on at all times. Johnson County has no social media presence, so it is hard to keep up with things. Marion County had not gone to a Warning since 1978. Some people choose to not be overly connected to technology, so a barricade at the bottom of the ramp was the proper tactic, not a trooper at the top (who then makes you go down a ramp, probably a violation there).

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I did a cursory search earlier today and could find no code (via in.gov) that discussed travel restrictions. I think it is presumptuous that people must know what is going on at all times. Johnson County has no social media presence, so it is hard to keep up with things. Marion County had not gone to a Warning since 1978. Some people choose to not be overly connected to technology, so a barricade at the bottom of the ramp was the proper tactic, not a trooper at the top (who then makes you go down a ramp, probably a violation there).

If another trooper could have written him a ticket at the bottom of the ramp, for driving the wrong way, this thread could be epic.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Vigo County was under a "state of emergency" since it started. I had someone who wanted me to shovel their sidewalk during the storm. Took my fiance's little SUV and almost got it stuck. Switched to the Jeep, it has no issues in this weather. I love it. Even when driving through a foot or more of snow, it just plowed on through. On the news tonight, the local sheriff said if you are going to and from work and not acting stupid, chances are you won't get pulled over.

Top Bottom