The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'll admit to partaking in the entertainment of watching people in a hurry on a Sunday late afternoon trying to get boats on trailers. Two old neighbors and I used to take lawn chairs and a cooler of beer to the boat ramp on these occasions. Late summer when water got low and ramps greasy with algae we saw a lot of unfortunate folks get vehicles in the water.
    Yep, endless laughter.

We learned it here.
    Boats get lighter when backing down a boat ramp when they start to float and are still attached to the tow vehicle.

My sailboat on the hard weighs 22,500 lb empty. How much lighter is it when it's floating gentleman?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yep, endless laughter.

We learned it here.
    Boats get lighter when backing down a boat ramp when they start to float and are still attached to the tow vehicle.

My sailboat on the hard weighs 22,500 lb empty. How much lighter is it when it's floating gentleman?
    Apparently you’re assuming we are backing down really fast because you’re such a stud backer upper do all kind of guy, and we’ve got to get that boat and trailer stopped but we can because we’ve got the right stuff!!

I might back up slow enough so there is no momentum on the front attachment, because I’m obviously a dimwit that thinks that things get lighter weight when they are in the water. Not at all because THE BOAT COMES OFF THE TRAILER. No, not that at all.

Anyway, CZ.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Apparently you’re assuming we are backing down really fast because you’re such a stud backer upper do all kind of guy, and we’ve got to get that boat and trailer stopped but we can because we’ve got the right stuff!!

I might back up slow enough so there is no momentum on the front attachment, because I’m obviously a dimwit that thinks that things get lighter weight when they are in the water. Not at all because THE BOAT COMES OFF THE TRAILER. No, not that at all.

Anyway, CZ.
    I'm a sailboat guy, the boatyard hoists it up when it goes on land or in the water.

When putting a boat in the water off a trailer whatever the backup speed is of the tow vehicle is the boat floats off the trailer at the same speed. One keeps the winch cable or a rope attached to the boat while backing it in the water.
    the boats tonnage when its being stopped while unloading it is the same.
    Hang around a boat ramp a few afternoons and just watch a few folks, cars or trucks get dragged by a floating boat that just left its trailer.

Top Bottom