• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The biggest problem I see in this whole story is that a man with a badge chose to be a law enforcement officer instead of a peace officer. He chose, under the color of law, to punish someone with a financial burden instead of exercising common sense and discretion.
    This was very well said!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think its funny when people sit around telling others that their livelihoods and duties are not essential.

I mean who needs gas station workers anyway? Those plow trucks, doctors, and nurses can fill their tanks up on pixie dust. Stay home, jerks.

And plumbers, you aren't essential either. Its not like water pipes are freezing and bursting during these cold temps.

HVAC guys, I'm sorry, enjoy your fines. You aren't essential.

Those punks who run hardware stores especially deserve tickets. I mean who needs tools and parts this week? You should have planned ahead, losers.

And don't even get me started on grocery stores. If you are helping distribute food this week (or worse, buying it!) you deserve everything the government gives you.

Tell it to the judge.

This, workers are needed for more than snow removal and ambulances.
    my mill has millions of dollars of potential damage, with millions more risked by loss of production.

Apparently you watched no TV and were not on the internet any time after 6pm yesterday.

Hey, guys- now is your chance to show what a great patriot you are by disobeying the closure!

Hough, I didn't know I was being a patriot by asking a simple question.
    An official can not just declare an emergency, then do whatever he pleases.
    Even in an emergency, there are rules.
    i merely asked those rules.
    you could have said, these are the rules. Or said you are too busy.
    Instead you bust our chops.
    im the one on a 32 hour shift thats going to have to travel, because work will not allow any unauthorized workers inplant. Which will be me.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    <purple>You are required to have internet, TV, or radio to receive Police Emergency messages.</purple>

I think that's a straight up BS ticket. A simple sign at the on-ramp would do. Those that disobey that should be ticketed. Not everyone is going to get the message.
    My thought here!
    I never heard that you were not allowed to drive, just that you SHOULD NOT.
    If the road is closed, there should be a Trooper or at least a sign before and/or AT the ramp. Sound like a B.S. ticket (if it really happened)!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    All the jackwagon comments.

A former mod made a pretty harsh assessment of the initial post. Somebody called him out for it? The former mod replies that he didn't make a jack wagon post, the guy *****ing about getting a ticket is the jack wagon. A lot of people ask if they're jack wagons too? Where's the issue? Then a current mod comes in six pages later and warns us? Ban me, I must be a jack wagon!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was informed that 105.5 fm had a lake county police PR guy on air. And he stated that they were making strong recommendations, but no tickets issued.
    No, I can not back this up, unless there is some way to find out what was said sunday night on 105.5 fm

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    A former mod made a pretty harsh assessment of the initial post. Somebody called him out for it? The former mod replies that he didn't make a jack wagon post, the guy *****ing about getting a ticket is the jack wagon. A lot of people ask if they're jack wagons too? Where's the issue? Then a current mod comes in six pages later and warns us? Ban me, I must be a jack wagon!

You said it.

:p

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    There are emergency road closures all over the place. If you're unaware of the snow emergency in most of the state, maybe you deserve the ticket.

DHS: County Travel Status
    RTV6 - Road crews, police geared up for Indiana winter storm - Local Story
    State of Emergency declared in NW Indiana; parts of I-65, I-80/94 closed | WGN-TV

scutters first post in this thread

Kind of a jackwagon post there Scutter.....

and the first person to use the word jackwagon. Not sure where people in this thread got off to thinking scutter was the first one to drop the J word

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

That can be arranged..

Seriously, we can't read EVERY single post here, this is a Volunteer position, not a full time job. So yeah, we sometimes come in "6 pages later".. Or do you think there is a Statute of Limitations on INGO Rules?

"Get away with bending the Rules for 6 pages, and the Rules are suspended for you!"

:)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Looks like you did imply it.
    Scutter, I almost always agree with you. Not this time.

I want to reinforce this, scutter is usually on top of the the issue. This time I disagree completely. A current mod coming in here and telling us to tone it down makes me question why I waste so much time in here. Ban me I hurt any ones feelings. I must deserve it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    There are emergency road closures all over the place. If you're unaware of the snow emergency in most of the state, maybe you deserve the ticket.

DHS: County Travel Status
    RTV6 - Road crews, police geared up for Indiana winter storm - Local Story
    State of Emergency declared in NW Indiana; parts of I-65, I-80/94 closed | WGN-TV

Why? The road announcements have been all over the news and the internet, and just looking out your window is enough to see the snow. Falling back on "well, there was no sign at the bottom of the ramp" is just a lame excuse. Putting yourself on the road means that you're interfering with emergency services and if you go off the road (and you almost certainly will), you're taking resources away from people who actually need them. The "jackwagon post" is the guy that thought the emergency didn't apply to him and then *****ed when he got dinged for it.

If he was an emergency responder, then I take it back. Given that the cop gave him a ticket, I'm going to assume that wasn't the case. His question was "How is someone going to know it is closed till they get to him and then it is to late." And my response is that you can clearly see that there is a blizzard outside and so maybe it would be a good idea to find out if your route is open before you leave the house instead of hoping you see a sign along the way.

That doesn't make you a jackwagon (seriously, you seem awfully hung up on using a pejorative. At no time did I ever call anyone a "jackwagon".), but it does make you unprepared. Gun owners, as a rule, tend to be on the side of self-sufficiency and preparedness, but I guess that only applies to how much rice and bottled water you have stored in your basement. For everything else, you need a courier to knock on your door and hand you an engraved silver plate with the day's dangers on it or they don't exist. I'm sorry if the OP couldn't be bothered to check before he left for work.

Thank you for the unnecessary name-calling. It's good to know that you have that tool in your toychest whenever you disagree with someone. You'll note that at no time did I ever call OP a jackwagon. I never even implied it. Since you and at least one other person seem only to be interested in picking a fight with me and to somehow imply that I've been doing nothing but slinging insults, I'm going to go ahead and exit this thread and leave you to it.

Here are ALL of scutters posts from this thread. Can someone please point out where he calls the OP, or anyone else for that matter a jackwagon?

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Todays NWI Times gave us the following information that may prove helpful.

1. Stay at home means stay at home. During a stare of emergency people traveling the roads in violation may be fined up to $2500.00
    2. During the times that I65 and I94 were closed, people were ignoring the closure and putting highway workers trying to get the road open at risk. That is probably why the OP got nailed. They were sick of people ignoring the closure.

I-65 closed a second time, states of emergency remain in effect

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Todays NWI Times gave us the following information that may prove helpful.

1. Stay at home means stay at home. During a stare of emergency people traveling the roads in violation may be fined up to $2500.00
    2. During the times that I65 and I94 were closed, people were ignoring the closure and putting highway workers trying to get the road open at risk. That is probably why the OP got nailed. They were sick of people ignoring the closure.

I-65 closed a second time, states of emergency remain in effect

A paper is not a great source.
    What was THEIR source?

By the way, i am not demeaning your post.
    but you can not use a newspaper article in court to prove what the law is.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Are we seriously doing this? 132 posts arguing over whether I did or did not call the OP a "jackwagon" (I didn't, no matter how much you want to twist my words.)? And you have at least one person use the term "former mod" as an epithet, as though it's something I should be ashamed of, while accusing a current mod of some sort of collusion? And you wonder why I not only chose to step down as a mod but chose to exit this thread right at the beginning? 132 posts later and hours after I ended my part of the discussion and people are still *****ing about it and somehow I'm the jackwagon out of the whole thing. Unbelievable. Seriously unbelievable. Frankly, I'm disgusted.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think your post is stupid.

You are stupid.

Both use the word stupid, one is name calling and clearly against the rules, the other is in the grey area and will probably just get you a warning.

This has been a jackwagon post.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I want to reinforce this, scutter is usually on top of the the issue. This time I disagree completely. A current mod coming in here and telling us to tone it down makes me question why I waste so much time in here. Ban me I hurt any ones feelings. I must deserve it.

I am sorry you disagree with the Rules, but you did agree to them when you joined. We do not allow ANY insults, or name calling. I didn't Infract anyone, or ban anyone, I gave a simple warning. I am not sure why that offends you so much.

Perhaps thou dost protest too much?

Top Bottom