• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Really? And what about those volunteers that are getting fuel for people with no power, pulling cops outta ditches, etc.
    they must be jackwagons

If he was an emergency responder, then I take it back. Given that the cop gave him a ticket, I'm going to assume that wasn't the case. His question was "How is someone going to know it is closed till they get to him and then it is to late." And my response is that you can clearly see that there is a blizzard outside and so maybe it would be a good idea to find out if your route is open before you leave the house instead of hoping you see a sign along the way.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Fight it. Worst case is cost the ticket and a couple of hours off work.

also remember that those civ il servants might have been working for some long shifts themselves. I would have handed him my cup of coffee and told him I thought he might need it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If he was an emergency responder, then I take it back. Given that the cop gave him a ticket, I'm going to assume that wasn't the case. His question was "How is someone going to know it is closed till they get to him and then it is to late." And my response is that you can clearly see that there is a blizzard outside and so maybe it would be a good idea to find out if your route is open before you leave the house instead of hoping you see a sign along the way.

And ive been at work for over 24 hours. If i hadnt seen this on the internet, which im not supposed to be doing, I wouldn't know.
    So if i hadnt seen it here, leave work, get on road.... now im the jackwagon??

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I asked before, he had to have violated a code or law. The laws I see, do not allow a ticket. I admit I might not be seeing it.
    So, what is the law being broken?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    And ive been at work for over 24 hours. If i hadnt seen this on the internet, which im not supposed to be doing, I wouldn't know.
    So if i hadnt seen it here, leave work, get on road.... now im the jackwagon??

That doesn't make you a jackwagon (seriously, you seem awfully hung up on using a pejorative. At no time did I ever call anyone a "jackwagon".), but it does make you unprepared. Gun owners, as a rule, tend to be on the side of self-sufficiency and preparedness, but I guess that only applies to how much rice and bottled water you have stored in your basement. For everything else, you need a courier to knock on your door and hand you an engraved silver plate with the day's dangers on it or they don't exist. I'm sorry if the OP couldn't be bothered to check before he left for work.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm not saying they can't be open if they have LOCAL people who can safely get to work or people who are stuck there and are willing to take turns working/sleeping, etc. I do think it is BS that they are telling people they will be fired for not coming in when they are under police order to stay off the roads and it is unsafe to be on the roads.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I read the "DHS County Travel Status" site warning for my county. It states that"travel may be restricted to emergency management workers only" and follows with "A) refrain from all travel".

"May" gives leeway for "may not". "Refrain" might mean "to stop oneself from" but is less clear than say "prohibited from traveling".

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    <purple>You are required to have internet, TV, or radio to receive Police Emergency messages.</purple>

I think that's a straight up BS ticket. A simple sign at the on-ramp would do. Those that disobey that should be ticketed. Not everyone is going to get the message.

Totally agree....

Bulldog49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Anderson
    Why? The road announcements have been all over the news and the internet, and just looking out your window is enough to see the snow. Falling back on "well, there was no sign at the bottom of the ramp" is just a lame excuse. Putting yourself on the road means that you're interfering with emergency services and if you go off the road (and you almost certainly will), you're taking resources away from people who actually need them. The "jackwagon post" is the guy that thought the emergency didn't apply to him and then *****ed when he got dinged for it.

If he knew about the closing then he was a jackwgon, but since he did not you are the jackwgon. Not everybody watches those morons on the local news. The ramps should have been marked closed or the cop should have been stationed at the bottom of the ramp. Obviously this was just a ripe opportunity for this "officer" to entrap people.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If he knew about the closing then he was a jackwgon, but since he did not you are the jackwgon. Not everybody watches those morons on the local news. The ramps should have been marked closed or the cop should have been stationed at the bottom of the ramp. Obviously this was just a ripe opportunity for this "officer" to entrap people.

Thank you for the unnecessary name-calling. It's good to know that you have that tool in your toychest whenever you disagree with someone. You'll note that at no time did I ever call OP a jackwagon. I never even implied it. Since you and at least one other person seem only to be interested in picking a fight with me and to somehow imply that I've been doing nothing but slinging insults, I'm going to go ahead and exit this thread and leave you to it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That doesn't make you a jackwagon (seriously, you seem awfully hung up on using a pejorative. At no time did I ever call anyone a "jackwagon".), but it does make you unprepared. Gun owners, as a rule, tend to be on the side of self-sufficiency and preparedness, but I guess that only applies to how much rice and bottled water you have stored in your basement. For everything else, you need a courier to knock on your door and hand you an engraved silver plate with the day's dangers on it or they don't exist. I'm sorry if the OP couldn't be bothered to check before he left for work.
    I dont know why i used jackwagon. Thought some had. Maybe being up since sunday morn, and at work since sunday noon is making me groggy.
    And some that are prepared, are using their preparedness to help others.
    Some of us work for evil corporations that dont care.
    In fact about half of the afternoon shift just showed up, so roads must not be too bad.

Lets not even worry about that.
    Lets go back to
    What law did the OP break. Even emergencies have code written.
    i am not being smart. I am asking, to be given a ticket or taken to jail, you must be accused of an infraction.
    the emergency codes im finding, do not cover tickets to people.
    only cover the fact they may be on their own. That their stranded vehicle may be removed, without regard to gentleness.
    That that person may be charged for said removal.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I work for the railroad and the railroad does not stop. I tried to get to work last night but the roads were so bad couldn't get up the hill by our house as it hadn't been plowed since 8am that day. If I was in your shoes I would of pulled out my ID and told him to call Norfolk Southern.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    <purple>You are required to have internet, TV, or radio to receive Police Emergency messages.</purple>

I think that's a straight up BS ticket. A simple sign at the on-ramp would do. Those that disobey that should be ticketed. Not everyone is going to get the message.

How many on Ramos are there on 65 for the length that it's closed? Seems like the highway department has better things to do than putting up signs on every on ramp.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Scutter, I am not trying to pick a fight.
    I am tired, andm making a buttload of mistakesm typing.
    I am merely asking a question.

Well, i have to go, more liquid steel is on the way.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Why? Putting yourself on the road means that you're interfering with emergency services and if you go off the road (and you almost certainly will), you're taking resources away from people who actually need them. The "jackwagon post" is the guy that thought the emergency didn't apply to him and then *****ed when he got dinged for it.

My employer deems my presence necessary to national security. He is an idiot! I was required to go to work. I didn't want to go to work, but I did, does this make me a jack wagon too?

Most of the cars I saw that were stuck, were Dodge chargers with lights on the roof. I pulled one out, and was almost late for work. So, was that interfering also?:dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Everyone pleasemstop the insult before a mod bans someone, really.
    Imthought someone had used the term. I must have been mistaken,

Stop

Bulldog49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Anderson
    Thank you for the unnecessary name-calling. It's good to know that you have that tool in your toychest whenever you disagree with someone. You'll note that at no time did I ever call OP a jackwagon. I never even implied it. Since you and at least one other person seem only to be interested in picking a fight with me and to somehow imply that I've been doing nothing but slinging insults, I'm going to go ahead and exit this thread and leave you to it.[/The "jackwagon post" is the guy that thought the emergency didn't apply to him and then *****ed when he got dinged for it.

The "jackwagon post" is the guy that thought the emergency didn't apply to him and then *****ed when he got dinged for it.
    This is a direct word for word quote from your post

Top Bottom