• ...and so much more!
  • dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    :popcorn:

Sometimes tickets are necessary and deserved. When a guy pulls up and asks the officer 'is there an issue?', in my opinion, it was a jackwagon thing to do to ding the guy.

Pretty much how i see it. I would have just told him to go another way. It's bad enough the person has to be out in it just like the officer does(as required by his employer) so just instruct them and let it go. I do understand morons taking away from emergency services too. I also understand if i choose to drive in
    this crap weather,I risk my safety and no one is obligated to prioritize helping me.
    I think I could

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Pretty much how i see it. I would have just told him to go another way. It's bad enough the person has to be out in it just like the officer does(as required by his employer) so just instruct them and let it go. I do understand morons taking away from emergency services too. I also understand if i choose to drive in
    this crap weather,I risk my safety and no one is obligated to prioritize helping me.
    I think I could

If only we didn't live in a society where families sued municipalities when they left a motorist stranded and they died to exposure.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It just said on the news that there were barracades at 30/I65 and trucks lined up on both sides of Rt. 30 that waited 15 hours to get onto 65. Did you see any of that?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Google provided me no examples. What have you got?

How many dumbasses get stranded in snow storms on mountains only for rescue to have to go in and get them? I'm all for the freedom to go out in any weather you choose. I'm certainly not risking frostbite to pull you out and I don't think employees of the state should have to either.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    My jackwagon hospital provided rooms for nurses and anyone else that wanted to stay. The rooms (albeit in a closed unit) are unsecured and puts you at risk to anyone who gets through the doors of said hospital. Oh, and by the way, here are some cots and some meal tickets to the same crappy cafeteria food you already hate for your trouble. Oh, you won't be paid for the time you're there unless you're actually working. You're also not allowed to leave when your scheduled shift is over if your relief doesn't arrive and can hold you "hostage" or threaten you with patient abandonment (putting you at risk for losing your license).

And then when you decide those aren't acceptable accommodations and call in because you can't get to work, they threaten you with written warnings because you refused their offer. I'm so thankful I found a new hospital to work for-their policy is to pay you for ALL time staying and they put you in a REAL hotel downtown.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    How many dumbasses get stranded in snow storms on mountains only for rescue to have to go in and get them? I'm all for the freedom to go out in any weather you choose. I'm certainly not risking frostbite to pull you out and I don't think employees of the state should have to either.

its a task we will take on proudly, and without complaint

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Looking forward to going out at 11:00 tonight to pick-up my daughter from work. She works in a group home for the developmentally disabled. Worked a 12 hour shift today. She has to be back at work tomorrow at 8:00 am for another 12 hour shift. Plan on leaving early to run by Wally World and see if they have any ammo. Hope the Po-Po don't give me a ticket.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think its funny when people sit around telling others that their livelihoods and duties are not essential.

I mean who needs gas station workers anyway? Those plow trucks, doctors, and nurses can fill their tanks up on pixie dust. Stay home, jerks.

And plumbers, you aren't essential either. Its not like water pipes are freezing and bursting during these cold temps.

HVAC guys, I'm sorry, enjoy your fines. You aren't essential.

Those punks who run hardware stores especially deserve tickets. I mean who needs tools and parts this week? You should have planned ahead, losers.

And don't even get me started on grocery stores. If you are helping distribute food this week (or worse, buying it!) you deserve everything the government gives you.

Tell it to the judge.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I'm fully willing to take my chances. The roads aren't that bad here in NWI. Truck has fresh meats, in 4wd and the hubs are locked. I always have plenty of supplies in the toolbox and extra hunting clothes behind the seat. If I were to get stuck, I wouldn't expect someone to come find me, nor would I accept there help.

This entire situation is what is wrong with this country. A bunch of sissies who declare aittle bit of snow and some chilly temps as an emergency. What a bunch of Bologna.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I went to work this morning. I pulled out a deputy in a charger that was stuck at the end of his driveway, on the way. I drove from the far east side of Marion county to the far west side, for work. Most of the vehicles I saw getting towed, blocking traffic, and generally obstructing the flow of commerce, had a logo on the door from the .gov. What exactly is the issue we're discussing again?

Top Bottom