Goodbye Amazon its been a nice relationship...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have spent more money than I care to admit to on Amazon over the past few years. I've come to the conclusion that the "free" shipping is anything but that when you factor in both the cost of the Prime membership and the item cost of non-Prime vendors. Their streaming capability has little value to me, as I can generally not find any of their offerings worth watching. Count me among the FORMER Amazon customers.

I agree their streaming is not the best but free two day shipping is awesome. I dont get into the black Friday crap and amazon ALWAYS has great deals during that time. So I save money, gas, the wanting to punch someone in the face and get the stuff in two days. There are tons of Prime vendors too, heck I was a prime vendor. All I did was send the stuff I was selling to amazon and they offered it as prime shipping to whoever bought it. I didnt have to find space to store the product and with what I sold it for I got my shipping charges back anyway and I didnt have to deal with dumb buyers too. Win win for me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Interesting reading everyone's experience with Amazon.

I don't even know what Amazon Prime is but I buy all kinds of stuff from them. I buy after I have searched extensively for a better deal. Usually Amazon floats to the top.

I don't pay shipping. I just wait until I hit the dollar amount for free shipping.

As far as firearms related, I have purchased a lot from them and just today bought an Apex Carry Kit. Lowest price by about $13.

It goes to show how varied people's experience is with different business's. I have bad luck with brick and mortar stores of most any kind. It seems like I drive all over and virtually never find what I am looking for.

Tires would be an exception. I have not been able to beat the local tire place by purchasing from a company like Tire Rack. But I'll bet others have.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    If you're not in a rush, anything that is available with Prime shipping is free for orders over $35 anyway. I had a 6 month free subscription and used it generously, but most everything could have been purchased with free shipping anyway, it would have just taken a couple extra days. If free shipping is the only reason you have a prime subscription, you should make sure you really need $100 worth of free shipping. Of course if you're taking advantage of the other prime benefits then it's not so bad.

Dont discount the value of 2 day shipping. I'm a mindless prime member, don't care about their politics, and don't care about $20. Free 2 day shipping does it for me.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Amazon has screwed the pooch, killed the golden goose, <insert your own euphemism here>....

1. They have raised the Amazon Prime rate again.

2. They have been relentless with the anti-gun bigot politics, offending a very large part of the population by removing firearm accessories from their listings.

3. They have screwed around with their shipping costs. (Search for recent class action lawsuit).

So... So long Amazon, so long to the 2 day shipping. So long to UPS and FedEx and all those deliveries. So long to actually using their feedback system. I used it regularly when researching an item to purchase. So long to paying that little extra in IN sales tax (I was ok with it).

In the scope and enormity of the elephant Amazon, my little self boycott means nothing. BUT, if I could only get 10 people to also boycott and cancel their Prime accounts and they could get 10 more it may send a tiny message.

I'm sorry all you little Amazon supplier/vendors but we will not be purchasing from you either. Tell Amazon that you will be loosing customers (even though Amazon doesn't give a ****).

Its near spring and spring time is for new beginnings.

Our on-line love affair was great but its time to move on...

They still sell gun stuff. I just found a raft of night sights on their page.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    Oh no! a company adjusted their price due to market costs for the first time in almost 10 years! Won't somebody please think about the children!

They've added quite a bit of value to Prime with the instant video service and a free ebook every month through the lending library, yet this is the first time they've increased it in nearly a decade, so yeah, not that bad. Did you boycott McDonalds when they made the McDouble $1.19? What about Subway's $5 footlong deal? I had three separate packages arrive today from Amazon with another two tomorrow. If I had paid the $5-6 for each to be delivered, I would already be halfway to the $39 I had to pay for Prime (student account) and that was just this week. If you live more than 5-10 minutes from a Walmart you would be surprised how often you order things from Amazon just because you can.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah, 9 years.

Here's the email I got this morning:

Seems in the last 9 years there's been plenty of benefits added to Prime membership that more than makes up for the $20 increase. Not Amazon's problem if people choose not to take advantage of them. I save well more than the cost of the Prime membership in shipping every year.

I love Amazon. About 90% of the time they are cheaper than any other retailer too. Even if they were anti-gun, it wouldn't bother me.

Right there with you for the most part. I actually got it primarily for the streaming, but love the free shipping. I like having no minimum, and always check around for better pricing but for the most part, Amazon usually comes out with the best price. Where they don't, I will purchase elsewhere. I also use their smart phone app to check their price by scanning upc's when in a brick and mortar store, as well as to read reviews of items.

My Amazon customer experience has been stellar.

It's nice that they informed their customers before they implemented the increased fee as well.

Cool part was my membership is up on April 9th and so I get to renew for another year at $79 but they still told me that my 2015 membership would be $99. Very cool of them to not just make it effective immediately, but rather to notify some users more than a year in advance of when it will impact them.

andrehoban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I just got an email confirming that when my prime renews is July the rate is increasing from $79 to $99.
    My rate increases in July 2014. So check your renewal dates!

I shop on amazon a lot so I feel like the discounted prices I get probably even out the membership fee.
    w.png
    I will probably still come out ahead but not sure. Its probably still worth it

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I just got an email confirming that when my prime renews is July the rate is increasing from $79 to $99.
    My rate increases in July 2014. So check your renewal dates!

I shop on amazon a lot so I feel like the discounted prices I get probably even out the membership fee.
    w.png
    I will probably still come out ahead but not sure. Its probably still worth it
    Is Amazon Spam-botting forums?

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I enjoy the free two day shipping with Prime, but what I really enjoy is the NEXT DAY or SAME DAY shipping option for $3.99. I love ordering something and having it delivered to me without having to run an errand in traffic! Bring on the drones!

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    You are biching about a $20 increase in 9 years?

We are writing to provide you advance notice that the price of your Prime membership will be increasing. The annual rate will be $99 when your membership renews on
    January 8, 2015.

Even as fuel and transportation costs have increased, the price of Prime has remained the same for nine years. Since 2005, the number of items eligible for unlimited free Two-Day Shipping has grown from one million to over 20 million. We also added unlimited access to over 40,000 movies and TV episodes with Prime Instant Video and a selection of over 500,000 books to borrow from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library.

For more information about your Prime membership, visit our Prime membership page.

Sincerely,

The Amazon Prime Team

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Church has already stated that he didn't intend for it to come across as it did, and wasn't trying to attack anyone. That doesn't stop the INGO Dogpile :poop: from being poured on a good guy that we all know and respect. If you don't respect him then you dont know him. Church would help anybody and has done so. If you like Amazon cool and kudos to you, but the Dogpile serves no purpose to INGO. I use Amazon from time to time but they are my last resort. If we run all of the Brick and Mortar, and Mom and Pop's out of business then Amazon won't have to be as cheap in the years to come.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Elkhart Co.
    Those greedy bastiges just raised prices for the first time in Prime's 9 year history? You get the torches and I'll bring the pitchforks.

Top Bottom