Goodbye Amazon its been a nice relationship...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Because the rest of the internet would cease to exist?

I don't get the concept of pay more now so you won't pay more later.

I do take into consideration more than price, but I buy where I get good service for a good price. I'm not interested in supporting a less proficient alternative so they don't go out of business...

Cheaper is not always better.

In many cases, when the big guy comes to town, like WalMart, Target, PetCo, or other major corporations, consumers find it less appealing to buy from the local small business because they can now get a cheaper alternative. However, although a product may be cheaper, there could be many underlying issues with the product that explain how it came to be so cheap. Mass production can raise a red flag because the production process can be ethically unsound or potentially risky for one’s health. Some problems involved in mass production used by major corporations could include outsourcing of the manufacturing of the product to international factories with inhumane working conditions; poor-quality, artificial, or otherwise unhealthy ingredients; flagrant animal testing or other abuses; or other harmful manufacturing practices. Furthermore, it is likely that the small business offers a product that is of higher quality because the ingredients or components are most likely local, and the product itself has received more attention than it would in a large factory.

WalMart has already killed the Mom & Pop's.

With summer and yard work coming up in the Hopefully near future I expect some folks to head down to Wally World and pick out a new Yard Machine or Weedeater that was put together by some untrained kid in the back. I have a Toro Zero turn mower that I have used for over 7 years and it looks as good and works as good as the day I bought it new. I have an Echo Trimmer I have used for 20 years, Echo blower over ten years old, Toro Snowblower 10 years old, Stihl Chainsaw 20 years. All of these item were purchased at a Mom and Pops shop. They were put together by certified mechanics and backed up by a loyal company.

So for me I will continue to support the Mom and Pops as they save me money, for those that don't understand value, go buy the cheap stuff from the big box stores with no service.

Ps when you do take that yard machine in for repairs in just a couple years don't be too surprised if the local shop isn't too sympathetic with you and might not even want to work on it.

Now worries though it can be sold on Craigslist to some sucker and then add lots more money to your funds and return to Walmart for another lemon.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Harold stole my crayon...

fxljOE5.jpg

One of my favorite books of all time! I read my copy many, many times. I just wish someone had given me a copy when I was still a kid.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In second grade I found a purple pencil that I used for all writing (even in school) until it was non-useable nubbin. I was inspired by the book.

rhino out!

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Don't think it was explained.

May the force of your 'google-fu' be strong my friends....

Amazon.com Help: Weapons

Here is a link to a blog that was a year or so old talking about it. I don't know the blogger so take it with the usual caveats....
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ving-gun-products-from-store-worse-than-ebay/

It was very easy to purchase AR accessories, slings, Magpul, gas tubes, grips, etc. Not any longer.

There were a lot of Mom and Pops that had set up their 'stores' on AZ. They are out.

I just choose to not do my Christmas shopping, crafts for wife, vid games, etc. from a vendor that 'thinks' the black rifle folks dont rate anymore. Its a free country and capitalism is king. I just choose not to line AZ's pocket with my $ anymore.

:ingo:

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    May the force of your 'google-fu' be strong my friends....

Amazon.com Help: Weapons

It was very easy to purchase AR accessories, slings, Magpul, gas tubes, grips, etc. Not any longer.

There were a lot of Mom and Pops that had set up their 'stores' on AZ. They are out.

I just choose to not do my Christmas shopping, crafts for wife, vid games, etc. from a vendor that 'thinks' the black rifle folks dont rate anymore. Its a free country and capitalism is king. I just choose not to line AZ's pocket with my $ anymore.

:ingo:

Are you even close to serious or just confused? You can buy complete uppers on Amazon. You can also buy everything else you specifically mentioned.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Very serious. I agree you could get uppers, barrels, etc. The number of available items is being reduced drastically. Try to get to recently purchased AR type items and you get a 404 error. It the item was not available from the same vendor the search would at least give you other options- not so anymore.

Google 'amazon 404 error gun parts'...
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ama...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Here is one of the top links...
    http://www.armoryblog.com/news/amazon-bans-assault-weapon-accessories/

Read with thy own eyes...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    When you google "Amazon 404 error gun parts" it comes back with two (2) hits relating to that, both are the exact same blog (one was a link to the article and the other a link to the page of articles). I tried a bunch of different searches and the only one that came back with the item not being found was the Crapco Intrafuse POS.

That said, it would be nice if more people would ban the sales of Crapco garbage (yeah, I know...a few of the things they make are pretty decent).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I used my purple crayon to draw an amazon.com where I could still buy gun parts!

Let me guess . . . it looks exactly like the real amazon.com, only purple, right?

Okay . . . JUST FOR FUNSIES, I went to amazon.com and did a search on AR bolt carrier. The first six hits were complete bolt carrier groups. I tested the links for all six and they all functioned normally. I'm not going to go all the way and order all six and report that I received them just to prove a point.

rhino out!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom