Goodbye Amazon its been a nice relationship...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    2. They have been relentless with the anti-gun bigot politics, offending a very large part of the population by removing firearm accessories from their listings.

what have they done anti-gun politics wise? Is it just that they don't carry firearms/accessories? There are lots of retailers that don't carry firearms/accessories... eg I won't stop shopping at radio shack because I can't buy glock mags there....

-rvb

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    they didn't hire me, screw 'em!

It was a fun store to walk through but was not cheap

Dicks is just as bad. Hobby's and man toys are always spendy....always.

I could outfit my boats in Galyans for reasonable money compared to the local Marina where we wintered the boats. Problem was, they knew you would "Walk" around the store and "see" something you absolutely had to have.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What firearms accessories are they removing? I've got Sig wooden grips on my wish list, I see holsters, sling mounts, cleaning kits, and a host of stuff on their website. What anti-gun measures are they taking?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I am mindless and I love the convenience and customer care of Amazon. Churchmouse, I am mindless, but I love you 2.......Jeff Bezos is my god. OK, I tend to exaggerate (2 x's on g? or one x and 2 g's?)... If'n I eliminated everyone who didn't agree with me, I would live in an igloo in Antarctica. Does Amazon sell igloos?

And since I love you CM, don't be such a rigid prick (in a luving way ;))

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What firearms accessories are they removing? I've got Sig wooden grips on my wish list, I see holsters, sling mounts, cleaning kits, and a host of stuff on their website. What anti-gun measures are they taking?

That was my question too. I bought a sling, rifle case, and a few related accessories in February.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd figure if you loved him, you'd want a rigid... wait, family friendly, family friendly...

I grew up with Amazon being mostly about books and movies, and that's pretty much what I've used them for, plus some Kindles. I still ebay a good bit even though they got their panties all knotted up about gun stuff. I may be round the bend at times, just not crazy enough to try to sell there. You want gun stuff? buy it from gun people, Midway, Brownell's, whatever. Bezos may be dumb, but I doubt he's stupid; if he sees things impacting his bottom line, he'll take them seriously. Remember that Amazon runs on a pretty tight margin; they can't afford to screw up.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Amazon, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I'd never do Prime because to me it's just an added surcharge that I'd not use enough to justify the added expense. I'll spend the minimum sometimes to get the Free shipping but not always. I always research the Price because Amazon is not always the Cheapest. LGS, sometimes, but I always buy more than I expected when I do that and window (Internet) shopping keeps me focused. ;)

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I've got Sig wooden grips on my wish list, I see holsters, sling mounts, cleaning kits, and a host of stuff on their website.

I bought a sling, rifle case, and a few related accessories in February.

Interesting. I've got a prime account (that and netflix supplement our cancellation of cable TV, the free shipping is just bonus that basically gets us the streaming video free long term), and I never think to go to them for gun stuff... Bought a snow shovel last month.... wanted a STEEL shovel as I was tired of breaking plastic crap. Two days later (the night I needed it) one showed up on my door, free shipping, and the STEEL shovel cost less than the plastic crap at lowes/HD. awesomeness. I don't want to "mindlessly" stop using them w/o a better explanation. :)

-rvb

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am mindless and I love the convenience and customer care of Amazon. Churchmouse, I am mindless, but I love you 2.......Jeff Bezos is my god. OK, I tend to exaggerate (2 x's on g? or one x and 2 g's?)... If'n I eliminated everyone who didn't agree with me, I would live in an igloo in Antarctica. Does Amazon sell igloos?

And since I love you CM, don't be such a rigid prick (in a luving way ;))

:wow: you opened a door I can not go through with that one.....:rofl:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    1. They raised Prime $20. I see this as reasonable for the amount of free shipping it provides.

2. How are they anti-gun? They sell a lot of gun accessories, and I have purchased through them often.

3. My biggest issue is they're now charging tax in Indiana. That will affect where I purchase some items.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    I am confused about the anti-gun thing. I just bought a set of MBUS sites through my prime account not two weeks ago. I still see them when I search as well as many other products for weapons. I check them like would anyone else when buy stuff online. Using wisdom gained here when I check, "If it makes me cry, I don't buy".

Might be a good idea not to jump to conclusions here and go do your own research.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gave up on Amazon a long time ago. I ordered a set of Model X speakers from an affiliate through Amazon. They sent Model Y, which they marketted as well. I disputed the change and demanded they ship the actual product I ordered. They processed it as a refund, complete with 15% restocking fee. I disputed the restocking fee with Amazon. Amazon claimed that I requested the refund out of the blue and since the restocking fee was in the affiliate's terms of use, they simply closed the ticket rather than attempted to get input from me beyond what I put in the dispute. Hundreds of dollars of mine gone because Amazon sides with crooked affiliates. **** `em all. Good riddance.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Meh, no skin off may back. I learned the hard way how Amazon treats its "non-prime" customers the last time I ordered and had to wait forever to have an item shipped from the distribution warehouse 20 miles from my house. Even worse was that every time I called to find out what the delay was I was told my items were in stock but the fulfillment of my order was somehow mysteriously taking a long time. I'm sure had I forked over the $79 (at the time) I would've been a much higher priority on their list. As it is, they are now the retailer of last resort for me.

As far as being anti-gun, I have a feeling that their stance is more for legal protection than for any political statement, but I have never paid much attention to that.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I understand the frustration, but I am sure there were other orders that were higher priority than yours, such as prime orders, which people paid the extra $79 to have that benefit. I wouldn't exactly blame amazon because people to advantage of the prime perks.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    fight back

Did you know that you can access Amazon via Smile.Amazon.com and they'll contribute 1/2% of your sales purchases total to a charity of your choice? NRA is one that's an available option, but there are other 2nd Amendment related charities available. Food for thought.

Top Bottom