Goodbye Amazon its been a nice relationship...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Purdue Plinker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 7, 2013
    Indy
    Order on a Monday at noon have it here Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't beat that.

Ditto. I love Amazon and Prime and make it more than worthwhile with free delivery of pet food and other heavy things. I find value in the ease of ordering and price. Obviously I don't just go there for everything, but they have a great price on a lot of things.

I must have missed the memo on them not selling any gun stuff - got my 10/22 upgrades there along with Butler Creek 9mm mag loader, scope mounts, bore snake, gun cleaner and cleaning mats, range and rifle bag, eyes and ears, handgun cases, gun safe, mag pouches, targets, and ammo boxes from there. Need to snag a scope soon too. Along with all the links to gun accessories for sale including the AR upper... maybe people are basing their opinion on false information?

Sure, they don't sell guns, mags, ammo, or as many replacement parts or accessories as Cabela's/Gander/Midway - but does every single retail business need to sell these things in order not to be boycotted? There's plenty of online retailers to find what you don't find on Amazon and a lot that they don't have that Amazon does. And as BehindBlueI's pointed out, gun stuff can be a PITA to deal with so that's why some are focused on it while others avoid it. It seems mindless to demand that every place that sells anything has to sell everything you want.

There are lots of retailers that don't carry firearms/accessories... eg I won't stop shopping at radio shack because I can't buy glock mags there....

-rvb
    :):

I wouldn't go to BGF to buy computer parts, and then get mad at them and cry foul because they don't carry them. That would be rather mindless.
    Exactly.

A 25% increase after 9 years seems reasonable considering the increase in the price of gasoline over that time. But...
    If $20 is going to break the bank, split the membership with a few family members: Share Your Amazon Prime Two-Day Shipping with Four People

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Latest Amazon Prime adventure. Ordered a pair of Hogue grips for my 1911 on March 23. In the listing it was given as free two-day delivery, but once I ordered, the order indicated free standard shipping, 3-5 business days. Erm?

And here is the tracking information. (Still not here.)

March 30, 2014, 6:53 am, Lafayette IN USPackage has left the carrier facility
    March 30, 2014, ---, Lafayette IN USPackage has left the carrier facility
    March 25, 2014, 2:48 am, Phoenix AZ USPackage has left the carrier facility
    March 24, 2014, 5:35 pm, Phoenix AZ USPackage arrived at a carrier facility
    March 27, 2014, 2:27 pm, Hazelwood MO USPackage received by carrier
    March 27, 2014, ---, USPackage has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

This is the second Prime item I have had go on one of these strange routes. Last time they blamed the weather. This time?

Top Bottom