• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I thought I wanted a Shadow, but then this happened, and I'm not sad about it one bit. I absolutely love this thing. I guess if you want to get technical, it's not actually a SIG...only the slide assembly, barrel, sights, locking insert, sear, and a couple of springs are factory. Everything else is Matrix Precision/Revenant Arms or Grayguns.

My son has the CZ bug so I'm sure one day we'll have a Shadow or TS2 in the mix that I can play with. For the time being his tuned up P09 is nice, but I'll keep my P226. That plastic CZ is good enough to provide a competent rivalry, though!

53784667772_0330b2a910_b_d.jpg
    Hey brother…. I’m not bashing SIGs. They are beautiful firearms!!! Proven and they work. My big hangup with Sig is how they do business and their customer service sucks!!! Otherwise I would still have them.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sub gun with foldable brace, think Scorpion, various B&t flavors, MPX, MP5, etc. 35 round mags and paired with a good red dot optic. Technically a pistol with ease of a shouldered gun to aim and shoot. 9mm.

Then get to the rifle.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    My big hangup with Sig is how they do business and their customer service sucks!!!
    I agree about their business trajectory as of late. They seem to be focusing on flashy add-ons and up-selling cosmetic "features" over basic, affordable dependability. I've waited in vain for years for them to come out with a basic, compact 10mm without having to pay a premium for stuff I don't want like comps, optic cuts, fancy finishes, or challenge coins....and I'm still waiting.

Credit where credit is due, though, their CS has been pretty good to me. Every time I've called, I've gotten an American who has been polite and helpful and followed though with a fix. I can't say the same for my Beretta, CZ, or even Ruger experience.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Polytech folder I have had it since 1986/1987. I shoot it well. And am a fan of the round (with a hoarders amount of ammo.)

the polytech folder is a quality AK. It is not some American made AK.
    I have a polytech myself I bought back in the beginning of the Assault Ban. Mine was one of the ones Poly had in shipping containers that sat until they could be Clintonized. I have all the Polytech parts to make it right, none of us has just not done it.
    1000000881.jpg
    We are on complete opposition on that rifle and that round. A M16 platform rifle is a 400 to 700 yd rifle with mil spec 62 109 ammo. The AK is not even in the same field as the M16 platform rifles.
    But, I do understand your feelings with it.
    One of my sons used to have the same feeling with the AK rifle, until he went in his first deployment and really saw them in color.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have a polytech myself I bought back in the beginning of the Assault Ban. Mine was one of the ones Poly had in shipping containers that sat until they could be Clintonized. I have all the Polytech parts to make it right, none of us has just not done it.
    View attachment 367698
    We are on complete opposition on that rifle and that round. A M16 platform rifle is a 400 to 700 yd rifle with mil spec 62 109 ammo. The AK is not even in the same field as the M16 platform rifles.
    But, I do understand your feelings with it.
    One of my sons used to have the same feeling with the AK rifle, until he went in his first deployment and really saw them in color.
    That one is prettier than mine. Nobody would buy them from my main gun dealer. He made me an offer 259 each for two with 75 round drum 30 round mag an 1 k sealed ak ammo. I took two and my cousin took one off my hands. We carried them for years in trucks cars canoes everywhere. Love scars occur like all relationships. The SKS were 89 and Russian SKS were 99.

Then the soldier of fortune magazine article came out and there was demand.

i will give the bushmaster varmint a better go round this fall. I like that 24 inch barrel and that one is accurate with 55 grain hornday rounds but my 18 inch upper is not very accurate. I think it is maybe a 223 Wilde chamber. Now our local gun guru can let me throw a few other uppers on it and since we will be doing some trianing in September.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    To me war means you will be part of an Army. I want whatever everyone else on my side has. A .45 Mag Wildey may be a great pistol, but in combat no will be able to help you out with a spare mag or even a few cartridges. It would be great if everyone has a 1911 in .45acp, but that will probably not be in any wars in the future.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That one is prettier than mine. Nobody would buy them from my main gun dealer. He made me an offer 259 each for two with 75 round drum 30 round mag an 1 k sealed ak ammo. I took two and my cousin took one off my hands. We carried them for years in trucks cars canoes everywhere. Love scars occur like all relationships. The SKS were 89 and Russian SKS were 99.

Then the soldier of fortune magazine article came out and there was demand.

i will give the bushmaster varmint a better go round this fall. I like that 24 inch barrel and that one is accurate with 55 grain hornday rounds but my 18 inch upper is not very accurate. I think it is maybe a 223 Wilde chamber. Now our local gun guru can let me throw a few other uppers on it and since we will be doing some trianing in September.
    LOL, I'm laughing with, there is a reason I didn't take a full pic of it. It had a ruff and tumble first 10 years of its life with me. Its had repeated corrosive ammo with no clean after until the gas system grows green and white and locks up. Then it gets tossed into the safety kleen machine for a few days and then whacked apart and cleaned and back in the rotation for fun. My sons take better care of our firearms then I do.
    The irony with me and the 7.62x39 is, one of my Dillons is now set up to run somewhere between 750 and a 1,000 off sometime soon for when my one son comes home at the end of August.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    The reality of a GTW handgun in 2024 probably looks like your carry gun with the ability to upscale it with a light/suppressor as needed. The concept was talked about in a P&S Modcast with Hop, Brass Facts, Pressburg and a few others during a discussion about "Offensive Handguns"

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You are describing pretty much where I am with my H&K VP9 Match/PHLSter combo. I have the Enigma with a Floodlight2 for AIWB and a Floodlight with clips for OWB carry, mostly at the range.

The extra weight of the match length barrel and slide is negligible with this holster system because everything between the muzzle and the end of an X300 is a freebie. I got an optics ready pistol with 4x 20 round mags and a voucher to get 4X more free mags (I chose 17-rounders) for $850, a deal I couldn’t pass up.

My only disappointment with the system is I am still shooting with the iron sights. I’ve tried two different Holosun SCS-VP9 red dots and both have had different fit issues. Not sure if I’m going to try a third or maybe an adapter plate with Trijicon. The fit issues I am speaking of are well documented on other internet forums.
    How do you like the Floodlight? It's a way around lack of Safariland support for lots of perfectly good guns. It's not a small holster but neither is the 6360. My biggest concern is poor trigger guard coverage with universal holsters.

Once you commit to the X300 size light you're absolutely right that the void above the light is free barrel space. That's where the Roland Special came from. Personally I'd use that for a threaded barrel because I'm still clinging to the idea that a pistol suppressor can be useful, but there's nothing wrong with grabbing some more barrel length and sight radius.

Top Bottom