• ...and so much more!
  • henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Having concluded I'm too old for that $h!t, I sold my "go to war handgun". It was a pair of Tokarov pistols in 762x25. I've got my 1911 listed for sale, too.

and the back up for it:

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I’ve enjoyed this thread and learned a few things from it. I’m seeing a repetition of certain firearms while others that are great handguns just flat out don’t have the aftermarket support to make it a prime candidate for EDC/EOTW type handgun. Has me looking and considering…..

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    I’ve enjoyed this thread and learned a few things from it. I’m seeing a repetition of certain firearms while others that are great handguns just flat out don’t have the aftermarket support to make it a prime candidate for EDC/EOTW type handgun. Has me looking and considering…..
    This thread made me buy a CZ actually. But I figured this would hopefully be a good thread for anyone new/looking for a new handgun. Lots of great advice and wisdom in here.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    1911/2011, Sig P226 and P220, Beretta 92 variants, Glock variants, Sig P320 seem to be the most repeated. I own one polymer pistol in 45acp which is striker fired…. Not one I would carry often as it’s a bit chunky for EDC and I have no desire for another polymer pistol at this point. The current pistol I was looking at sucks aftermarket accessory wise and the safety annoys me…. Its terrible!!! 9mm wise and something in DA/SA the list gets narrowed down considerably. Hmmmmm need a rail light and a red dot with high capacity that has a varied aftermarket accessory availability. Addendum…. There is one striker fired pistol (yes I hate striker fired pistols) that has caught my eye for some time the Walther PDP Match steel frame. The PDP’s have some kind of hudu!!!

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    1911/2011, Sig P226 and P220, Beretta 92 variants, Glock variants, Sig P320 seem to be the most repeated. I own one polymer pistol in 45acp which is striker fired…. Not one I would carry often as it’s a bit chunky for EDC and I have no desire for another polymer pistol at this point. The current pistol I was looking at sucks aftermarket accessory wise and the safety annoys me…. Its terrible!!! 9mm wise and something in DA/SA the list gets narrowed down considerably. Hmmmmm need a rail light and a red dot with high capacity that has a varied aftermarket accessory availability.
    Seems you need some help making decisions, I'm only 11 miles north my friend.
    $100.00 bucks for that Colt with the Mastodon, Yak, Bison Water Buffalo teeth for grips. OK, $150.00 and You owe me BIG TIME...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What are we envisioning when we think 'Go to war'? Actual war, as in Ukraine style SHTF? Or, maybe a situation that has high risk and civilians are asked to help man road blocks or observation posts. Are we thinking a 'Lights Out' scenario where there is a total breakdown in the rule of law and we travel everywhere with both a rifle and pistol?

For me, 'Go to war' simply means a situation that I report for some type of work away from home (and my collection) that requires me to carry a sidearm. A time when I have to carry, but don't have the luxury of selecting from a bunch of choices when I want. A time when I make a choice of one pistol, mags and accessories and live with it for possibly a year or two as my EDC with a higher expectation of possibly needing it.

sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    If “go to war” is what I think it implies. You may want to invest in something that is popular and has a lot of holster and magazine options. I feel everyone should own an AR-15 and a Glock in 9mm.

I am a 1911 fan, they make me giggly. But I keep a Glock 45 and Glock 26 as an option. Otherwise knock yourself out with whatever makes you happy.
    Exactly that. Going for the gimmicky "high power" is cool and all, but you really want what's most reliable and available. Look at M.E. terrors and their 7.65 ammo, which is much cheaper and just as deadly as the rarer 5.56. Definitely 9mm and 5.56 in NATO countries, and 7.65 in ex-Eastern Bloc

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    20230803_133519.jpg

It's not tacticool, doesn't have a rail on it, it's not the flavor of the month. But it runs, I shoot very well with it and I trust my life to it. I have done three things to it- a new pair of grips, some skateboard tape on the front and back strap and a new night sight with a day glow orange donut around it.

Plus it will get me back to my rifle

Last edited:
    Top Bottom