Appleseed Announces the Official Marlin 795 Liberty Training Rifle!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Marlin confirms today that the truck is enroute to Davidsons and they will have them as of this week. 500 rifles shipped. get to Davidsons and get one on order or stock watch or get your local FFL to get one for you. these first 500 are gonna go quick. more will be shipped.
    The rifle will include a free certificate for a weekend Appleseed event (available till end of the year) so it would even make a great Christmas present for a grandchild or such.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Good question. the certificates will be included with every rifle purchase till the end of the year. The certificate has no actual expiration date on it. you could use that certificate anytime you want .

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008
    Good question. the certificates will be included with every rifle purchase till the end of the year. The certificate has no actual expiration date on it. you could use that certificate anytime you want .

Thanks for clearing that up, I was a little confused as well.

On a side note from what I've been reading the Promag 25rd mag seems to be the first decent high cap mag made for the 795. Would the 25rd promags be acceptable for the appleseed or does it have to be te 10rd mags? I'm just not entirely familiar with how the mag change rules work during the appleseed.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    You can use the 25 round mags but you will still be required to do the mag changes. a lot of folks like the smaller mags as it allows you to get your support elbow under the rifle a little further. same with ar's lots of folks prefer the 20 and 10 rounders over the 30's but all of them work just fine.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

On a side note from what I've been reading the Promag 25rd mag seems to be the first decent high cap mag made for the 795. Would the 25rd promags be acceptable for the appleseed or does it have to be te 10rd mags? I'm just not entirely familiar with how the mag change rules work during the appleseed.

Massad Ayoob has a good write-up of how to prepare and what to avoid when using the longer than normal magazines ... his score got dinged when his magazine touched the ground!

Here's the link to his article ... Massad Ayoob » Blog Archive » APPLESEED

If you have a detachable magazine, you'll need a minimum of 2 magazines for an Appleseed. More is always better in case there's a failure with one (or more) of them. Shooting an Appleseed will really test your gear.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010

Acceptable, yes. Needed...not really

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Having done one Appleseed with a Ruger 10/22 clone, I would never use or recommend an extended magazine at an Appleseed. Keep things light, compact, and simple and go get that Patch!

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Rifles are now available from Gallery of Guns!. lowest quote I was offered is $286.50 to pick up at the local FFL. A stock plain Jane 795 with one mag had a quote of $184.00

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Kind of upset now. Not only did I not get an e-mail via Davidson's Stock Watch, but I am unable to place my order using my iPhone because their site isn't friendly to my mobile device. :( :( I won't have access to a desktop for another 12 hrs. I hope there are a few left when I get home. THIS SUCKS!

Notalentbum

Expert
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Kind of upset now. Not only did I not get an e-mail via Davidson's Stock Watch, but I am unable to place my order using my iPhone because their site isn't friendly to my mobile device. :( :( I won't have access to a desktop for another 12 hrs. I hope there are a few left when I get home. THIS SUCKS!

I had the same problem. I got all the way through the process to where you are supposed to hit the continue button that finalizes the order. It wouldn't respond to my taps on the screen. Fortunately I was only 45 minutes from home so I got mine ordered. FWIW, the site had saved my order so when I logged back in on my home pc the order was still there waiting to be finished.

Matt

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008
    FYI, Gallery of Guns shows 99 still in stock as of 9:50am Wednesday morning.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just ordered one also and the quantity available still shows as 99. I'm wondering if this will start to move when stock goes below 99 available?

Notalentbum

Expert
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've never dealt with GOG. Will they send tracking info and such so I have an idea of when to go to ITP where I had mine sent? I'd guess UPS or FedEx ground shipping so probably not this week but maybe Monday next???

Matt

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Something tells me there is either a mistake on the Davidson's website regarding quantity or Marlin and Davidson's decided to drasticly increase the first run.

Top Bottom