Appleseed Announces the Official Marlin 795 Liberty Training Rifle!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Group Buy idea
    Maybe one of our advertising dealers who ships out to other FFLs would work. I think Orion arms does this...

Or is there an Appleseeder with a FFL who does enough business to be able to order from Davidsons?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Techres is biting his nails in anticipation as bad as the next guy. I have just been doing it for 6 months now. I went to the davidsons page and got on the email notification. The more people who go there and sign up, the more interest it shows. The more interest, the more they make, etc...

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I hope we can get some sort of ETA, I really want to sign up for my first on 4/21, but cant take the chance of not having the gun...

If any one knows at what point in production they are on these, it would be great to know. Have made a hand full of prototypes to get things speced? Or do they have 1000 of these on their way to Davidson's?

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I signed up with both of my emails. I would love to have one or two in the future. Want to get the my soon to be wife and maybe both boys to an Appleseed in the future. I could stand to have at least one more good .22 to run, maybe 2.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    I personally tested the prototypes and inspected the production facility. The initial run is not yet in production but will begin soon. The initial run will be limited with subsequent runs based on its success. Since the whole of the initial run is already sold, my prediction is that there will be a second. The factory quotas 1200 rifles per day so the subsequent runs could happen very quickly. Because the cut on the barrel for the original rear sight is eliminated the assembly has to be done in a slightly different method with will require some minor re-training of personnel. If you are looking to get one by 4/21 I think the odds would be slim unless you and your FFL stayed right on top of Davidsons about it. I think early/middle summer for wider availability is probably more reasonable.

Any rifle will work for Appleseed under 8mm. You don't have to wait for this one.

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I personally tested the prototypes and inspected the production facility. The initial run is not yet in production but will begin soon. The initial run will be limited with subsequent runs based on its success. Since the whole of the initial run is already sold, my prediction is that there will be a second. The factory quotas 1200 rifles per day so the subsequent runs could happen very quickly. Because the cut on the barrel for the original rear sight is eliminated the assembly has to be done in a slightly different method with will require some minor re-training of personnel. If you are looking to get one by 4/21 I think the odds would be slim unless you and your FFL stayed right on top of Davidsons about it. I think early/middle summer for wider availability is probably more reasonable.

Any rifle will work for Appleseed under 8mm. You don't have to wait for this one.

How is the initial run already sold out? Why offer an appleseed event as a promo ifbyou cant get your hands on one unless you were some how able to purchase rifles that are not even built yet..

Kind of a wtf moment...

Who was able to buy rifles that didnt exist yet?

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I am in contact with the head engineer at the plant that will build these LTR's and will update INGO when the first production begins.

The initial run is 250 units due to Davidson's wanting to gauge market interest. Appleseed headquarters put a allocation on 100 of these first 250 leaving 150 available on this first run. What ol' huff was meaning is that we made the announcement to our volunteer group first and they went to the notification. while we do not have absolute confirmation it is widely believed that the other 150 + were signed up on the email notification. this all happened inside of a few days. None of the rifles have been "bought" but enough people probably signed up on the list that they are all "spoken for" on the first batch run.

Soon as the 250 units are put on a notification Davidson's was to make another order. Again it all happened in a few days so I have not confirmed with marlin if Davidson's has already "sold out".

The Free certificate promo is until jul 4th rifle production and with the # of rifles that factory can crank out in a day it will not take long to get a lot of rifles to the market assuming Davidson's orders them.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Didn't know it had sold out. Wow.
    My grasp is that they wanted to do a first run that was short to gauge interest and then there would be a second run.
    That they first run is already spoken for is news to me. Everyone should just hammer on Davidsons with interest and maybe we can get them to make the first run bigger than originally planned or hurry up on run #2.

EDIT: Brown is the one to know.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Sold out is a loose term in this case. Spoken for would be better but we know where the first 100 are going and we know that Davidson's has already had email requests over the remainder of the run. The odds of getting one before Patriot's Day are directly proportional to how much Brown likes the cut of your jib.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Those first 250 won't last the first day once they are available. I'm guessing many AS volunteers are picking up at least 1 and I know several who want 2. I want 3, but I don't care if the third is a later run.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Funny thing is this:

I ran the promo info on INGO before I had proper permission. The word goes out for the rest of the world today and all of you got on the mailing list first.

So feel good for where you are in line.
    Feel bad for me if I get to run laps for jumping the start gun.

(first one with the fat joke there wins)

Top Bottom