• ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Maryland report:
    Improvement seen, but slowly. He got down to 101 lbs after leaving the hospital, but is up to 107. Running to the bathroom about every hour, day and night, so very short on sleep. Experimenting with adding foods back into his diet, sometimes unsuccessfully. Stress level high.
    Got to visit Chestertown yesterday, but mostly at home preparing and repairing. He’s getting frustrated that prayers are being answered so very slowly, and questions whether he will ever recover. Another medicine infusion today, but he still hates needles.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Back from Maryland. Two steps forward, one step back. Progress is slow, too slow for our impatient oldest. So I guess one of his lessons is patience. Still not gaining much weight, still sometimes pain and blood. All that backrub practice I get at home was useful. Learned a lot about cooking Hello Fresh meals. I also have to learn patience, along with serving, while he has to learn about accepting service from others, along with cutting back on his breakneck schedule.
    On the way back:
    - Picked up a new-to-me bike - older titanium Litespeed Vortex with full Dura-Ace group. Very light. Will test it out this weekend.
    - Beautiful day for a long drive, great scenery, but too many trees turning.
    - He Who Cares About Even the Smallest Things provided me with $2.75 gas on the east side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and with $2.61 gas on I71 just south of I76, without needing to fill up anywhere else.
    - He also provided a truck to pull in front of me, going about the same speed, to block the sun as I was driving west around sunset, making that difficult time safer and less stressful.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back from Maryland. Two steps forward, one step back. Progress is slow, too slow for our impatient oldest. So I guess one of his lessons is patience. Still not gaining much weight, still sometimes pain and blood. All that backrub practice I get at home was useful. Learned a lot about cooking Hello Fresh meals. I also have to learn patience, along with serving, while he has to learn about accepting service from others, along with cutting back on his breakneck schedule.
    On the way back:
    - Picked up a new-to-me bike - older titanium Litespeed Vortex with full Dura-Ace group. Very light. Will test it out this weekend.
    - He Who Cares About Even the Smallest Things provided me with $2.75 gas on the east side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and with $2.61 gas on I71 just south of I76, without needing to fill up anywhere else.
    - He also provided a truck to pull in front of me, going about the same speed, to block the sun as I was driving west around sunset, making that difficult time safer and less stressful.
    Glad he is still making progress, albeit not at the pace he would like! Hope it continues and hopefully eliminate that one step back part.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    On the way back:
    Glad to see you can count your blessings in the face of adversity.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Our youngest was on the crew of the Sultana until recently, so he lived on the ship or nearby. Nice place to walk around but too many Harris signs for my taste.
    Lol, Welcome to Maryland. That's why I moved a dozen years ago.
    The rural parts like most of the eastern shore and western Md are very Conservative, city's and college towns are just what you saw.

Top Bottom