Appleseed Announces the Official Marlin 795 Liberty Training Rifle!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    * sigh * … the master is correct ...I'm new to this type of rifle shooting and am still easily impressed. I lost focus there … forgetting that it is the rifleman, not the rifle that produces results like this.

I will retire to my rifleman’s corner now to continue perfecting my own skills.

Master nothing :) I can say that with confidence because I keep all my AQTs. Over the last three years I have shot dozens of AQTs with my rifles and borrowed rifles. I have used a 10-22 with tech sights, a 10-22 with a 3x scope, a 795 with tech sights, a CZ with factory irons, and a Stevens with a 4x scope. I've used M60s with a 1X scope, 597s with irons and scopes, bolt actions, even a pump.

If you lay out all my targets and check the scores you will see that my highest scores are evenly distributed across all rifle and sight types. Weather matters a little, I shoot better in the cold. Time of day has some effect, I am more relaxed and have better NPOA trust later in the day (when I am tired?). But overall I shoot just as well with a stock rifle as I do with a tricked out rifle. On one really good day, I shot my $129 tech sighted 795 side by side with a $2500 scoped custom Kidd package and they both shot a round, 1 hole, 2 MOA group.

If you can consistently shoot a 240+ score, money will help you get another 10 points, by buying better ammo. But money can not buy you the first Rifleman score. There is no shrink wrapped, bubble packed, bolt on solution, and skill cannot be purchased on aisle 9 in "shooting accessories". This requires something many Americans are not used to, commitment.

YHJ

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    If you can consistently shoot a 240+ score, money will help you get another 10 points, by buying better ammo. But money can not buy you the first Rifleman score. There is no shrink wrapped, bubble packed, bolt on solution, and skill cannot be purchased on aisle 9 in "shooting accessories". This requires something many Americans are not used to, commitment.

YHJ

Quote of the day as far as I'm concerned.

I wish there was a way to download this into every shooter's brain housing group ... and make them believe it.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Master nothing :) I can say that with confidence because I keep all my AQTs. Over the last three years I have shot dozens of AQTs with my rifles and borrowed rifles. I have used a 10-22 with tech sights, a 10-22 with a 3x scope, a 795 with tech sights, a CZ with factory irons, and a Stevens with a 4x scope. I've used M60s with a 1X scope, 597s with irons and scopes, bolt actions, even a pump.

If you lay out all my targets and check the scores you will see that my highest scores are evenly distributed across all rifle and sight types. Weather matters a little, I shoot better in the cold. Time of day has some effect, I am more relaxed and have better NPOA trust later in the day (when I am tired?). But overall I shoot just as well with a stock rifle as I do with a tricked out rifle. On one really good day, I shot my $129 tech sighted 795 side by side with a $2500 scoped custom Kidd package and they both shot a round, 1 hole, 2 MOA group.

YHJ

Yeah that guy is pretty smart

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    To those seeking The Patch:

Don't get to hung up on practicing AQTs. Show up well rested, well prepared, and ready to listen and learn. Beating your brains out shooting AQTs will only reinforce any bad habits you already have.

Trust the Appleseed instructors and trust your NPOA. The Patch is a journey not a destination. Enjoy the trip.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    You can download it into their brain.....at an Appleseed. Get them there, you do your part as an instructor, the rest is like a fat girl eatin a fun size Snickers. No power in the Verse can stop it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I picked mine up today. 2 magazines but no certificate. I was there to cut the tape on the shipping box and pull the rifle box and bubble bags out. There was definitely no certificate anywhere in there. My FFL called either Davidson's or Marlin (I'm not sure which) and said the certificate woud be mailed but had to go to him (Law Enforcement Firearms). He offered to forward it to my home address from there. This leads me to believe these certificates are not being discarded with the shipping boxes; they never were there in the first place.

The only unique features of the 795 LTR as far as I can tell are the engraved receiver and lack of a dovetail slot for leaf-type rear sight in the barrel. I had removed the rear sight and installed a blued slot blank in the 795 I just sold, which looked and fit fine without any gunsmithing. A buddy got it for $200 with 2 magazines and Tech-Sights installed and only 40 down the pipe.

Time to go poke a few holes in some targets and see how this thing shoots.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I picked mine up today. 2 magazines but no certificate. I was there to cut the tape on the shipping box and pull the rifle box and bubble bags out. There was definitely no certificate anywhere in there. My FFL called either Davidson's or Marlin (I'm not sure which) and said the certificate woud be mailed but had to go to him (Law Enforcement Firearms). He offered to forward it to my home address from there. This leads me to believe these certificates are not being discarded with the shipping boxes; they never were there in the first place.

The only unique features of the 795 LTR as far as I can tell are the engraved receiver and lack of a dovetail slot for leaf-type rear sight in the barrel. I had removed the rear sight and installed a blued slot blank in the 795 I just sold, which looked and fit fine without any gunsmithing. A buddy got it for $200 with 2 magazines and Tech-Sights installed and only 40 down the pipe.

the unique features are the fact that it is completely ready to go right out of the box. no other rifle is set up that way. Yes you could come close to making a regular 795 to the same thing but you would be required to do it all yourself and you still wouldn't get the free appleseed certificate. the sling, mags, tech sights, and certificate make it very unusual imo :)

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    That certificate is included but when you add everything up I don't think it's free. Not knocking this rifle; I think it's a really great package. Makes me wish I had a kid growing up to give it to and teach to shoot using it. It's a great concept. Good for the first rifle one really learns to shoot with regardless of age.

the unique features are the fact that it is completely ready to go right out of the box. no other rifle is set up that way. Yes you could come close to making a regular 795 to the same thing but you would be required to do it all yourself and you still wouldn't get the free appleseed certificate. the sling, mags, tech sights, and certificate make it very unusual imo :)

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Your right. I guess I should say very deeply discounted certificate.

New Marlin 795- 150 on sale at gander
    tech sights - 70 dollars or 80 from amazon with free shipping
    second Magazine- 18 dollars
    Sling w/ swivels- 15 bucks

so $253 dollars not counting any shipping or tax and you have to put the sights on yourself ect. so I guess the certificate runs you 22 dollars :) as troy at Army surplus is selling them for $275. though if you add in shipping/gas driving around to piece it together your probably right at the 275 dollar mark.

That certificate is included but when you add everything up I don't think it's free. Not knocking this rifle; I think it's a really great package. Makes me wish I had a kid growing up to give it to and teach to shoot using it. It's a great concept. Good for the first rifle one really learns to shoot with regardless of age.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I'm pretty sure tehy are in the shipping box but not in the "firearm" box. When I picked mine up, I had given the dealer a heads up to watch for it when he unpacked. He had the certificate for me and had not yet cut the tape on the box iwth the rifle in it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We started with cutting the tape on the shipping box and looked everywhere, as I described. No certificate. It's in the mail.

I'm pretty sure tehy are in the shipping box but not in the "firearm" box. When I picked mine up, I had given the dealer a heads up to watch for it when he unpacked. He had the certificate for me and had not yet cut the tape on the box iwth the rifle in it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008
    So did this is rifle not sell as well as it looked like it would? I see there is still 99+ available..

I've wondered the same thing. Hopefully it becomes more popular, and helps the cause.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I think they have sold fairly well. not sold out but several hundred are now out in the general public. That is a pretty good turn out for a new firearm. A lot of people I heard talking about it simply weren't going to switch to a new platform from the ruger 10-22. they didn't want to have to buy more mags and have another set up that wasn't interchangeable with what they already had.

I can say I bought one and it's a amazing shooter. I have about 700 flawless rounds through mine and it's a great set up.

Top Bottom