Appleseed Announces the Official Marlin 795 Liberty Training Rifle!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Believe me, it's on my mind about buying the rifles anyway. The biggest problem is that I really wanted the boy s to have their own rifle because it'd mean something to them. I've already got two 22lr rifles and a third one would get all three of us on the line at the same time, but I'd rather be watching the boys while they're shooting anyway. I ended up buying some targets from the appleseed so I'll make sure they can pass the marksmenship portion of it before we attend anyway.

there is no need for them to be able to pass the marksmanship portion prior to them attending sir. that is what we teach. just bring them and let em have fun and we will help take care of the rest. kids are easy to teach as they have no bad habits to break them from usually.

If you buy them the appleseed rifles which are coming in at about $280 don't forget they get a free appleseed gift certificate valued at 80 dollars! so that is pretty awesome also.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008
    there is no need for them to be able to pass the marksmanship portion prior to them attending sir. that is what we teach. just bring them and let em have fun and we will help take care of the rest. kids are easy to teach as they have no bad habits to break them from usually.

If you buy them the appleseed rifles which are coming in at about $280 don't forget they get a free appleseed gift certificate valued at 80 dollars! so that is pretty awesome also.

Yeah, I know it's pretty easy to justify the 795LTR so long as you're definately going to make it to an appleseed. I just checked and Davidson's still shows having 99+ in stock so I'm not in a big rush to buy it right now.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    First pics and impressions

I got shipping confirmation email earlier this morning. I got a call about 1pm from Brian at ITP that my rifle was in. I couldn't resist so I bailed out of work an hour early to go pick it up. A quick once over at the store and I was out the door. I came home and picked up a box of CCIs and a "target". I was out of real targets.
    the range is but a few minutes from my house so I was on the line and ready to shoot in just a few minutes.
    I was shooting at 25 yards from a bench but only using the sling it came with and my elbow for support.
    My first group was as good as any I ever got out of my 10/22. It may not be much of a group to most shooters but My shooting sucks! My first Appleseed I only scored an 86 and that was with the head shot scored. I think that was hit by one of my other group shots though. Anyway, I forgot to grab anything to mark shots with so I took pics after each 4 shot group so I could compare and make the proper sight adjustments when I got back to my gun.
    After my last/first Appleseed I bought Tech Sights for my 10/22. While these are similar to what I have on my 10/22, I like these a lot better. Front pin is fixed and you have windage and elevation adjustment on the rear sight. Windage adjuster is much better on these than on my 10/22. It is more like the notched detent on elevation and still adjustable with a dime in the screwdriver slot but no pressing the shotpin like on my 10/22. Elevation adjustment is the same as the one on my 10/22. I'm sure there is a better way to adjust it but I get it done with a little help from my pocket knife.
    Hopefully the target pics post in the correct order but if not it is pretty easy to tell which order they were shot in by the number of holes.

Matt

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 7
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      47.3 KB · Views: 7
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      36.6 KB · Views: 8
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      31.5 KB · Views: 14
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      71.6 KB · Views: 20
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      61.8 KB · Views: 15

Notalentbum

Expert
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Forgot to mention, trigger out of the box is way better than my 10/22 was out of the box. It is heavy as expected but hardly feel any movement before it breaks. I may look at a little polishing in the future..

Gun pics aren't the best as light was pretty low for my cell phone.

Matt

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Tech Sights sells a tool designed specifically to adjust the Marlin sight ... part no. TS 211. It works like a charm and keeps me from fumbling around trying to find something else to use when I adjust my sights. After you get those sights dialed in, you will have no trouble keeping 5 shots in the 1" square on the sighting target at 25 meters.

Just remember, after confirming NPOA, keep the fuzzy blob on top of the crystal clear post that is surrounded by a fuzzy circle, and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze the trigger during your natural respiratory pause. You'll be scoring Rifleman's scores in no time flat.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    So I am tightening my whole hand like milking a cow?

nah, just the trigger finger is moving ... sounds like you might need to attend (another) Appleseed to work on your rifle skills. Good thing there's a voucher to attend an Appleseed included with each of the Marlin LTR's!

All ribbing aside, I am interested in getting one of these just because. I think I will say it is for my daughter to better justify it.:)

You better get 2 ... your daughter will want to accessorize her rifle with lots of pink and stick on jewels ... one guess how I know this ... also, she might need a shorter LOP and that makes it difficult for you to shoot the same rifle accurately ... again, one guess how I know this.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    We have heard of some people not getting their certificates with the Rifle. It has been determined that Davidsons is putting the certificates in the shipping box instead of the rifle box. So when you pick up your rifle at a FFL ensure they get the certificate out of the shipping box. We are getting this cleared up with Davidsons to make sure the certificate is easier to locate but in the meantime make sure your FFL gets it handed to you

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Well damn I thought I was going to be the first to post pictures and shoot it. It's very nice. Smooth trigger. Nice reset. Sights are pretty close to on right out of the box. Nice balance to the rifle. Can get a very solid cheek weld. I would have preferred the 1.25 inch slings and swivels but this little one isn't bad and adjusts very easily. Provides good support. Only negative that I see right now is the magazines don't drop free. I have to pull mine out and I don't like that. I imagine with time and use they will begin to. Enough talking on to the pictures.

EB476FD7-D4C6-4E2B-9C8D-15EA10F6C794-294-00000029FC0D99DA_zpsb4e6414b.jpg

29FBEF1C-FAA9-4CD2-AF92-72B2602E0FB9-294-0000002A0301A6FC_zps5f0870e3.jpg

Pretty good standing. Could come over some but I'll take it

0E2BA34D-8AA1-42D4-84CE-7EFEBBBDFC1F-294-0000002A0AB1A3D6_zps969d8cf4.jpg

not a lot of time so jumped down in the prone for 300. Not my best shooting but good enough for the chicks I date!

2B039A76-E095-4AAE-9DE5-4E59021ECC41-294-0000002A105E3B7C_zps83d6b364.jpg

1368C237-1B57-4288-99D5-31E5FF44058F-294-0000002A160BDFBB_zps9e0b764b.jpg

F3F4236E-34BB-49F1-83AF-8942852F9499-294-0000002A1B8A243F_zps7c78c699.jpg

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I doubt it... 500 rifles is a lot to sell any way you slice it. I hope to hear they're sold out soon, while leaving few people disappointed for not having the opportunity to obtain one. Also, with cold weather coming they could be selling slower than if they'd been released in the original timeframe.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I doubt they will be and they also probably won't have the certificate for the free Appleseed event, sling or 2 mags either. I'll still buy one but the marlin is ready to go out of the box and it gets you to a Appleseed to learn just what the rifle is capable of!

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    The website still shows 99 in stock.

they had 500 in stock. they have only been released for a few days now. Out of the 500 from the count I have been trying to keep they are well over 150 of them sold. they are selling very well. I hope folks don't wait to long as they will be gone before you know it. I may grab another one in a week or so. great value and the free appleseed certificate is a huge bonus!

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I just really thought these would be gone within 24 hours... Christmas is coming :)
    I, like others, moved in and made my purchase within minutes of finding out they were available (no thanks to the "notify me" button)

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I still haven't gotten a notification despite the fact I signed up weeks ago. If that system were working, they might be sold out by now.

Top Bottom