Appleseed Announces the Official Marlin 795 Liberty Training Rifle!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Davidsons had 2 batches of 250 rifles on order with Marlin since Spring. Marlin was delayed in doing the production run so when they did it included both batches of 250ea. They shipped 497 rifles to Davidsons. 3 rifles to writers.
    When they see how fast 500 rifles sell I am sure there will be more ordered from Marlin.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    SWEET! I just got a shipping confirmation to Bradis... on the way already. Looks like four are inbound so we here in central Indiana are ON IT :rockwoot:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Got my purchase confirm. I've seem these guys ship pretty quickly before. Saturday morning pick up is not out of the question. But early next week is ok too!

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Does any one think these will be at all collectables? I am set to pick mine up soon and I don't have a lot of room around the house for empty gun boxes. But I do think this one might be worth keeping 100% as new even if its just to pass down to my kids when they are ready for an Appleseed....(8 years maybe)

Or is this a 100% use it gun?
    I think appleseed is awesome and I am excited by the idea that they have their own rifle...

Maybe it depends if mass production starts...

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Does any one think these will be at all collectables? I am set to pick mine up soon and I don't have a lot of room around the house for empty gun boxes. But I do think this one might be worth keeping 100% as new even if its just to pass down to my kids when they are ready for an Appleseed....(8 years maybe)

Or is this a 100% use it gun?
    I think appleseed is awesome and I am excited by the idea that they have their own rifle...

Maybe it depends if mass production starts...

I would say use them for sure. that is what they are designed for. it will hold up for your lifetime and your kids. enjoy it.

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I don't have a gun in my stable that I won't use, but I have a 10/22 LTR in the works that I have been planning on using for my first seed... this may change things...

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I don't have a gun in my stable that I won't use, but I have a 10/22 LTR in the works that I have been planning on using for my first seed... this may change things...

Heck yeah this will change things ... with the Marlin you just bought AND the Ruger you're building, both you AND a friend (maybe even your wife) can be on the line at the same time! Add in the voucher for a free Appleseed that you receive with the Marlin and this is a win, win, win, win, win ... sign up for your first Appleseed today!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't know that these will ever be collectibles, but any 22lr rifle will always be worth something. There's a thread on the forum right now about Ruger voting on a rifle for next year and so far the 10-22 LTR is winning by a long shot. My little plans to buy my nephew's their first rifles got nixed yesterday. Apparently my brother didn't think the wives (demacrats) would like their babies owning guns. It was heart breaking, but I think I'll still be able to get them out to an appleseed, I just won't be able to give them a rifle like I'd like to. :(

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I don't know that these will ever be collectibles, but any 22lr rifle will always be worth something. There's a thread on the forum right now about Ruger voting on a rifle for next year and so far the 10-22 LTR is winning by a long shot. My little plans to buy my nephew's their first rifles got nixed yesterday. Apparently my brother didn't think the wives (demacrats) would like their babies owning guns. It was heart breaking, but I think I'll still be able to get them out to an appleseed, I just won't be able to give them a rifle like I'd like to. :(

Buy those rifles for them anyway. They'll need them when they join you on the line at an Appleseed, AND someday they will move out from under their mother's supervision ... then you will be able to give them their guns.

Any chance you want to adopt me as your nephew? You'd definitely become my favorite Uncle of all time if you bought me a new rifle.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008
    Buy those rifles for them anyway. They'll need them when they join you on the line at an Appleseed, AND someday they will move out from under their mother's supervision ... then you will be able to give them their guns.

Any chance you want to adopt me as your nephew? You'd definitely become my favorite Uncle of all time if you bought me a new rifle.

Believe me, it's on my mind about buying the rifles anyway. The biggest problem is that I really wanted the boy s to have their own rifle because it'd mean something to them. I've already got two 22lr rifles and a third one would get all three of us on the line at the same time, but I'd rather be watching the boys while they're shooting anyway. I ended up buying some targets from the appleseed so I'll make sure they can pass the marksmenship portion of it before we attend anyway.

Top Bottom