• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    There is no reason to open carry near a school bus stop. Children do not understand and are easily frightened. Why would anyone subject a child to their ego.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    There is no reason to open carry near a school bus stop. Children do not understand and are easily frightened. Why would anyone subject a child to their ego.

Being ready to exercise the right of self-defense may be a reason to carry. It's not like crazies have gone and shot up a school. I'm sure no criminal would ever violate the sanctity of a bus stop.
    Children I have been around seem more curious than frightened and I oc everywhere it's legal.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Being ready to exercise the right of self-defense may be a reason to carry. It's not like crazies have gone and shot up a school. I'm sure no criminal would ever violate the sanctity of a bus stop.
    Children I have been around seem more curious than frightened and I oc everywhere it's legal.

Agreed. Maybe it is different around here, but kids are not frightened by guns. They are curious. But oh noes curiousity killed the cat!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wha?

My "bus stop" is the end of my driveway. I carry there all the time. :dunno:

Our little neighborhood has several families. None of the children have said "boo" about my handgun. All of our kids play together pretty frequently. My wife and I hang out with the parents. Everyone gets along pretty well. I even OC by default (the horror!). No one cares.

If children do not understand, it is a failing of their parents. If they are frightened, it is because their parents have taught them to be.

My ego? That's pretty funny. I'm one of the least "egotistical" people you'll meet. I OC because I don't feel like hiding it. I'm too honest for that.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Wha?My "bus stop" is the end of my driveway. I carry there all the time. :dunno:Our little neighborhood has several families. None of the children have said "boo" about my handgun. All of our kids play together pretty frequently. My wife and I hang out with the parents. Everyone gets along pretty well. I even OC by default (the horror!). No one cares. If children do not understand, it is a failing of their parents. If they are frightened, it is because their parents have taught them to be. My ego? That's pretty funny. I'm one of the least "egotistical" people you'll meet. I OC because I don't feel like hiding it. I'm too honest for that.
    I agree with this - there is NO PROBLEM with OCing at a Bus Stop nor should there be. BEHAVIOR is what makes me suspicious or not - If I see a weapon on your person - that's just an potential accelerating factor. For instance - if you are OCing a knife, a gun, a baseball bat, whatever - but look normal, reasonable, and in control, then NO ISSUE. If you look out of control, out of place or like the previously mentioned Aqualung type - I'm going to take notice - and gauge the threat according to what you have available. A creeper with a known gun or knife has more potential to do quick damage than a creeper that appears to be empty handed, etc. Not that either couldn't do big damage. And of course they may have something I can't see. But I'll do my best assessment of the situation. The gun or knife _in and of itself_ does not constitute a threat. It is a factor - once behavior and other clues tell me that a person is a threat.The problem is - I'm not the only person on the planet - and a lot of folks don't see it as I do - they instantly assume the worst.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    personally i won't go anywhere in fort wayne without being armed. a citizen is taking it upon himself to protect children of the community. this guy should be at EVERY bus stop.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    personally i won't go anywhere in fort wayne without being armed. a citizen is taking it upon himself to protect children of the community. this guy should be at EVERY bus stop.

Yup. I saw an open carrier with a bunch of kids walking down the street the other day and thought that is the way things should be (I am pretty sure he was walking them home from school too)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    It seems media doesn't worry about fact-checking anymore. This is evidenced by the fact that they don't print any facts!

A true, professional journalistic entity would place a disclaimer beside an article with these allegations correcting the inconsistencies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I absolutely agree and CC for the same reasons every day. However, watching someone OC does not alarm me and I'll not support the idea that OC is cause for a police officer to ask for "my papers". There is no liberty if we must prove we have the "right" when we exercise it.

Totally agree.

I just prefer to fly low under the radar.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    But I keep hearing its for the children. Does that only apply at the school bus stop or everywhere else that children are?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do every morning and every afternoon. So I don't see your point. Only outlaws hide their guns.

REALLY.....I must have somehow missed this first time through the thread or my idiocy alarm would not let me read it.....:dunno:

I and my entire family are now officially outlaws. We are not aware that CC made us outlaws. I think (hope) I get what you are saying but, well, uh, er, duh.......................:n00b:

Are you serious. I read some of your posts with a grain of salt thinking surely no. But with this, surely yes. You have hit the rev-limiter on this one.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    INGO has had some ignorant things posted but I hereby nominate this for the most ignorant statement ever made on INGO. Offense intended!

REALLY.....I must have somehow missed this first time through the thread or my idiocy alarm would not let me read it.....:dunno:

I and my entire family are now officially outlaws. We are not aware that CC made us outlaws. I think (hope) I get what you are saying but, well, uh, er, duh.......................:n00b:

Are you serious. I read some of your posts with a grain of salt thinking surely no. But with this, surely yes. You have hit the rev-limiter on this one.
    Did you guys not read the story that the OP linked too? It was talking about how to find the outlaw. Let me clue you in. It's not the OCers that are the outlaws. The outlaws are the one CCing. Am I the only one that sees purple there :rolleyes:

Top Bottom