• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am not interested in any hypothetical scenarios presented beyond the scope of the op. I have no interest in this thread beyond responding to the real situation spelled out in the op.

My answers to the question is clearly laid out in my previous posts.

I see no need to repeat what I have already stated.

From champaign illinois. I travel constantly and don't have a computer on the road.

The op was simply about the authors belief that police should be allowed to ask open carriers for I.D. and handgun licenses!
    you are the one that started all the hypotheticals about domestic disputes, etc..
    You insinuated that someone standing, doing NOTHING wrong or intimidating, is a threat.
    A couple of us asked you simple questions, and instead of answering them or just refusing to answer, you stated that you have already answered them. You have NOT.
    Like I said before, if you don't want to answer, no problem, just say so! You are the one that has expressed such strong feelings about this issue, I was just trying to get some clarification. Sorry if I have somehow offended you!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The op was simply about the authors belief that police should be allowed to ask open carriers for I.D. and handgun licenses!

Correction... the police can ask for LTC only. Once you show the LTC or they look it up then there is no further need for any request for ID. Unless they suspect you of an infraction, which applies to everyone, not just handgun carriers.

If you meant the author of the article rather than the author of the post (me) then you are correct. That is what the article stated.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Allow police to have proper tools to determine who the real outlaws are?

In some cases...some, I said, not all, that would only require a mirror.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Correction... the police can ask for LTC only. Once you show the LTC or they look it up then there is no further need for any request for ID. Unless they suspect you of an infraction, which applies to everyone, not just handgun carriers.

If you meant the author of the article rather than the author of the post (me) then you are correct. That is what the article stated.
    Yes, I did mean the author of the article.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Correction... the police can *ASK* for anything they want. What you are required to provide is an entirely different matter.

Top Bottom