• Worst Gun Manufacturer

• Total voters

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I haven't owned any guns from any of the manufacturers. I've definitely had problems with some guns I have owned. Chiefly, my North American Arms .22LR mini revolver and my Bersa Thunder 380 have both broken. North American Arms fixed my firearm very very quickly and honored their lifetime warranty. I have yet to get the Bersa fixed, bit I plan on it in the next few months. I also have a Beretta Bobcat that I purchased from a pawn shop when I was 21 or 22--it has never worked properly. Although I have had problems with three guns in my collection, I am not prepared to call the manufacturers bad.

On a separate note, I do have a question. I saw that Diamondback was listed in the poll. I have loosely considered buying one of their 9mm pistols. I did note that Diamonback admits (on their website) that these pistols have problems cycling certain types of ammo. Has anyone had serious trouble with these pistols? Are they junk? I know that the owners of Diamondback came from Kel-Tec, but I was under the initial impression that they had improved the product. Any thoughts?

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    One of my first guns was a Jennings 22 in the early 90's from Dons Guns (I know, I know). It was a piece of absolute crap!

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I haven't owned any guns from any of the manufacturers. I've definitely had problems with some guns I have owned. Chiefly, my North American Arms .22LR mini revolver and my Bersa Thunder 380 have both broken. North American Arms fixed my firearm very very quickly and honored their lifetime warranty. I have yet to get the Bersa fixed, bit I plan on it in the next few months. I also have a Beretta Bobcat that I purchased from a pawn shop when I was 21 or 22--it has never worked properly. Although I have had problems with three guns in my collection, I am not prepared to call the manufacturers bad.

On a separate note, I do have a question. I saw that Diamondback was listed in the poll. I have loosely considered buying one of their 9mm pistols. I did note that Diamonback admits (on their website) that these pistols have problems cycling certain types of ammo. Has anyone had serious trouble with these pistols? Are they junk? I know that the owners of Diamondback came from Kel-Tec, but I was under the initial impression that they had improved the product. Any thoughts?

Kel-Tec and Diamondback = Junk.

Fired a few Kel-Tec's and 1 DB and they were garbage. Poor build quality and materials, malfunctions galore and two Kel-Tec's self destructed.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Jennings is the only pistol I have actually seen come apart in a persons hand when shooting. For that reason I voted "other" but that is definitely my vote.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Kel-Tec and Diamondback = Junk.

Fired a few Kel-Tec's and 1 DB and they were garbage. Poor build quality and materials, malfunctions galore and two Kel-Tec's self destructed.

Great. Thanks for the info. I'll probably strike that one off the list. I'll probably check it out for myself, but I rarely buy a brand that receives major complaints.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I consistantly read about 50% return rates on Taurus products.
    I read their cs is awful to barely acceptable.
    I know one gun shop near me, that refuses to stock them and hates
    to order one for a customer.
    How can they continue to develope new products, and stay in business?
    I must be missing something here, or they must have really improved their products lately and are suffering from past years of sub-standard efforts.
    I know all guns have some problems, but Taurus REALLY gets hammered.

The biggest problem with Taurus is most people actually never have owned or fired one and spread the rumor around that they heard from their milkman's cousin Johnny, who's barber talked to a guy from across the county who's baby sitter's Uncle Joe's butcher is friends with some mailman that heard it from a little old librarian, who's nephew sits next to a kid, who's father knows a drunken old trusty guy who lies about 90 percent of the time (but not this time) swears on his life that his ex old lady's new boyfriend heard it on a internet forum from a girl that was in a State Farm Insurance commercial and has a new french boyfriend that just got to American that knows from, fact that his 90 year old grandpa who passed away 30 years ago experienced a bad Taurus product in World War II because he dropped it in mud when running away from the Germans and speaks the truth because when he went back to get it out of the mud when the Americans arrived he wanted to look like he was a French patriot and it would not function.

My little spew above speaks VOLUMES, I personally own 4 Taurus firearms and have owned 6 total, my brother in law owns 3, my best friend 3, my neighbor 2 and countless other's that I know that have never had the first problem with any of them.

If Taurus was as bad as everyone thinks or says they are, then at least one of the 14 guns above would have failed, and others that I know that own one would be biotching to me about it because I've been a stanch Taurus supported ever since my brother in law let me fire his Taurus PT-940 and went out to buy one like 12 years ago and still own it as my.

Nuff said, IBM out.
    :ranton:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know how the Hi-Point could be the worst manufacturer. Show me another company making sub-$200 full caliber handguns that does it better. The are robust, accurate enough for defense and do what they were designed to do for a price lower than anything else out there. Think Hi-Points are "junk"? check out the boys from Moss Pawn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg&feature=plcp

I just think it's not fair to compare such vastly different price points. Would you compare a Chevy Cruze ECO to a Benz S63?

That being said, I spend more and expect more. Some can't spend more and based on what I have seen, they are not going to take their lives in their hands with a Hi-Point.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I voted other.
    When you consider bang for your buck the new Smith and Wesson 625 JM revolver I got recently is the most disappointing example I know of. Suggested retail price around 950, grips don't come close to fitting frame, ridiculous heavy double action trigger pull (maybe 15 pounds at a guess, gauge stops at 12 lbs, my pistol smith thought the lock was on at first), script on right side of gun stamped crooked so some letters are very deep and ugly and others are faint and incomplete and ugly, pits in casting behind ejector are visible when cylinder is rolled out.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The biggest problem with Taurus is most people actually never have owned or fired one and spread the rumor around that they heard from their milkman's cousin Johnny, who's barber talked to a guy from across the county who's baby sitter's Uncle Joe's butcher is friends with some mailman that heard it from a little old librarian, who's nephew sits next to a kid, who's father knows a drunken old trusty guy who lies about 90 percent of the time (but not this time) swears on his life that his ex old lady's new boyfriend heard it on a internet forum from a girl that was in a State Farm Insurance commercial and has a new french boyfriend that just got to American that knows from, fact that his 90 year old grandpa who passed away 30 years ago experienced a bad Taurus product in World War II because he dropped it in mud when running away from the Germans and speaks the truth because when he went back to get it out of the mud when the Americans arrived he wanted to look like he was a French patriot and it would not function.

My little spew above speaks VOLUMES, I personally own 4 Taurus firearms and have owned 6 total, my brother in law owns 3, my best friend 3, my neighbor 2 and countless other's that I know that have never had the first problem with any of them.

If Taurus was as bad as everyone thinks or says they are, then at least one of the 14 guns above would have failed, and others that I know that own one would be biotching to me about it because I've been a stanch Taurus supported ever since my brother in law let me fire his Taurus PT-940 and went out to buy one like 12 years ago and still own it as my.

Nuff said, IBM out.
    Have you ever had to send a Taurus back to the factory for repair? Most of the complaints I hear about Taurus are their lack of customer service after the sale.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Have you ever had to send a Taurus back to the factory for repair? Most of the complaints I hear about Taurus are their lack of customer service after the sale.
    What experience do you have with Taurus though and not word of mouth? I have owned several and had absolutely no issues whether it be the Millennium Pro or revolvers. They are good guns from my experience especially for the cost. If you look at all the companies they have low end poorer quality guns such as the Sigma series or a couple Ruger offerings. However, they also have some of the finest pistols on the market in their other lines.

I literally watched a Jennings pistol come apart while being fired when a guy we were shooting with shot his. It was my first time seeing a Jennings up close and was good enough for me to believe what I had heard:D

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Yup, because of pulling the slide back to far on my PT-92 to remove it and jamming the rotating slide lock to where it would not dis-engage, that's what I get for being in a hurry to clean it.

Called CS, received a shipping label 2 days later (had to pay for the shipping there) and was only a 2 week turn around for a screw up that was my fault and did not charge me for fixing it & shipping it back to me, and this was about 7 years ago.

So that throws the lack of customer service complaint you heard out the window.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    We ran 300 rounds through a HiPoint at a couple of Armed Dynamics courses with no malfunctions that could be attributed to the design or manufacture of the pistol itself. It is capable of consistently ringing steel at 40 yards even!

jwatkins383

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    MD
    Other

Has to be LLAMA....remeber them do they still make non firing death traps?

Based on your experience and/or opinion, who do you think takes the top prize as worst gun manufacturer currently in business, and why?

Please vote in the poll as well.

I cannot spell to save my life tonight, my apologies.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    This is why I voted Kel-Tec. It's complete BS that guns like the PMR30 and SUB2K are being sold for $550-$600 when their MSRP is just over $400. I desire both, but refuse to pay that kind of money. Bastards!

I would never pay a premium for their firearms lol. If you look around you can find those at what they should cost. CDNN often has both of those around $300.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Nuff said, IBM out.

I know a guy that had a minimum of 4 failures per mag out of a Millennium 9mm. FTE, FTF, double feeds, stove pipes, etc.

Btw, that guy was me, and that was my first, only, and LAST experience with Taurus. :noway:

Top Bottom