• ...and so much more!
  • Worst Gun Manufacturer

• Total voters

randygun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    hi point is my choice have a grendal by keltek and 3 p30 and 3 new shotguns they have to be good the police use them

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Huh? What police department uses which firearm?

...obviously one that cannot manage its budget. :laugh: In all seriousness, probably none. I have a feeling the poster was meaning that some officers may carry a Kel-Tec as a BUG. This is certainly not an endorsement of the product.

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    Jennings by far is the worse gun I have experience with. I owned a Taurus Model 85 that was a wonderful revolver and gave me 5 years of trouble free service. My Hi point 995 was a fantastic gun and was trouble free. 2 keltec that are owned by my brothers have been great guns. Now, are Taurus, keltec and Hi point top of the food chain in the gun world, not even close but to say the are the worse manufacturer is crazy.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    My Kel-Tec by a landslide. Same gun went back to CS x4. The fourth time I got it back I didn't even take it to the range. I gave the history of the gun and sold it. It was remanufactured as new they told me. I gave the same story to the guy who responded to the ad. He liked Kel-Tec. On its second trip to the factory they sent me back a different magazine than what I sent them. CS told me it must have gotten mixe up in test firing. So I ended up with an old worn out mag.

Voodoo574

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    South Bend/ Mishawaka
    Everyone dogs Hi-point. Yes they are NOT the best looking guns but my .40 goes bang EVERY time I want it to. My Keltec is very picky about what I feed it. Hi-point is made is the U.S.A. and from what I hear has a great service dept. If that is all you can afford to protect your loved ones its better than nothing at all. Not something you could call a carry gun but for things that go bump in the night in your house it will get the job done.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Voted Phoenix. Shot an older 22 pistol that the safety flopped around as if it was missing a detent or something. The owner said it wasn't missing anything it was just a feature! It would shoot 3 or so in a row then jam up. The thing just SCREAMED cheaply made. Mag fit like crap too, that may have been hurting some of the reliability..... But I think the thing was just crap.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Now, are Taurus, keltec and Hi point top of the food chain in the gun world, not even close but to say the are the worse manufacturer is crazy.

There are many people here that would argue and disagree, myself included. A good percentage of this community says that even if none of those companies are THE worst, they are amongst the worst.

spqr

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Zionsville
    I've had bad luck with a Taurus P-85...would reliably shoot 3 out of 5 rounds! I just never knew which 3! This was long ago and I've heard good things about Taurus lately, however, I only buy S&W or Ruger revolvers since that experience...

jlgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Clarksville
    way back when i had a lil carry pistol a grendel 380. later grendel in either became or merged with kel-tech. that 380 was the most pos thing i have ever had. when i got my boss to order me one he got one and it had the same problems mine did. he sent them back and never heard back from them.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I have a high point 380 and its a damn nice shooter. Heard horror stories abiut the larger calibers though. Currently have 4 Kel Tecs and had a long break in on one of the pistols, but other than that they are great. My diamondback 9 is slick. Smallest 9mm out there as far as I know and runs great. Little picky on HP brands though. My Taurus 24/7 .40 is probably the best pistol I have ever shot. Well over 2 thousand rounds run through it without a single failure I can recall. Did have some problems with a millennium and my 709 slim. Customer service resolved those issues within a week each time.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I don't understand why High Standard is on that list. Best .22lr target pistol I have ever shot. Much better than a S&W 41.

I have had to send my LCP back to get feed issues fixed. Had a PPK that didn't work, and the only 2 people I know in person who have had Taurus guns both had problems with them. One of those (who might have already chimed in here) I think had THREE all of which had functionality problems.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I'm honestly shocked to see Taurus listed in this vote. Even more surprised to see how many votes it has received. Sure they have had some issues, but I hardly agree that they deserve to be grouped with the WORST gun manufacturer.

My vote is with Jennings. My brother has one and it literally jams ever or everyother shot. It is always the butt of our jokes.

Top Bottom