• Total voters

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't know how the Hi-Point could be the worst manufacturer. Show me another company making sub-$200 full caliber handguns that does it better. The are robust, accurate enough for defense and do what they were designed to do for a price lower than anything else out there. Think Hi-Points are "junk"? check out the boys from Moss Pawn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg&feature=plcp

I just think it's not fair to compare such vastly different price points. Would you compare a Chevy Cruze ECO to a Benz S63?

That being said, I spend more and expect more. Some can't spend more and based on what I have seen, they are not going to take their lives in their hands with a Hi-Point.

That's what I was getting at in an earlier post. What defines 'Worst Gun Manufacturer'? Just because they are ugly as sin, does not mean a Hi-Point should be rated with junk guns. How many Americans has Hi-Point armed with a reliable gun for home defense that would never have been able to afford a gun otherwise? They also seem to stand behind their product, which is not something you'd expect from a 'Worst Gun Manufacturer'. It seems like a lot of folks are responding to this poll as if it asked 'What is your least desired gun'. That's a really different question.

To me, a worst gun manufacturer is one that builds junk guns that cannot be relied upon, refuses to stand behind products they build or that sets expectations very high but does not meet them.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I currently own 2 Kel-tecs, and 1 Phoenix Arms, they are all reliable, and shoot well, I have owned a Taurus in the past and didn't like it....traded it for a Kel-tec p11 and have never looked back, nor regretted it, I traded a Ruger LCP, for the P32 I own, and I love it. I am biased against the Hi-point because of looks alone, having never shot, nor held, nor owned one, although I see a need for them, I wouldn't own one. That's all I have to say about that!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Remington 22 lr double feeds a lot. Very hard to clear jam hard to clean properly. if disassembled good chance the bolt return spring will shoot out. When it does, it will kink and have to be replaced.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The only "problem" firearm I ever owned was a Star .40. That thing was NEVER reliable. Sure, if it would feed it would fire. And then if it wouldn't jam in the ejection port etc.... you could count on one shot. Anything morethan that was a bonus. I didn't have it long.

The Taurus I own has been dead nuts reliable. Feeds anything you throw in there, always goes bang etc. Sure, accuracy isn't it's forte, but it's a 3" .45acp that's a full pound lighter than my Springer 1911 loaded with 12 rounds. It's over a pound lighter with the 10 rd mag. But I don't expect my EDC to do more than hit a man sized target somewhere at 25 yards. If it's getting pulled, it's not going to be a long distance to target. Colts, Springfields, Rossi, WASR's, CAI, mossbergs.... all have been dead nuts reliable. Wait... not, the Century Golani Sporter refused to cycle steel cased ammo. but brass it would cycle all day long.

Top Bottom