• Worst Gun Manufacturer

• Total voters

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I agree that the old High Standard company that existed before 1986 produced some primo target pistols. The "new" High Standard company in Houston, Texas has produced a multitude of target pistols that flat don't function reliably. When pistols have been sent back, they are most often returned with the same problems, many times on more than one attempt. In the past, the "new" High Standard Company took deposits on custom guns like their 10X models and kept the money for very long periods without either attempting to deliver on the products or refunding the money. Customers were often met with either indifference or outright hostility, when trying to get their products or money. Fortunately, I owned a couple of the old High Standard pistols (Victor and Citation). When ready to upgrade, I was fortunate to have been given a heads-up and avoided ordering a 10X. I won't ever buy a product from the "new" High Standard Company in Houston, Texas.

My "Sharpshooter" is from the Hartford Connecticut era. I forgot about the "Low Standard" pistols now being produced in Houston.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    High Standard Houston had start up problems which took them a few years to correct, but they have corrected them and make a high quality pistol now at least in the .22 target line. If anyone has a Houston pistol with a problem, send it back and they will fix and upgrade free. I know, I sent a Victor back because of feeding problems, and got it back with an upgraded stainless frame and a new rear sight. It shoots as good or better than both my S&W 41s.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Toss up between Kel-Tec and Taurus for me. I have sent back dozens of Taurus guns for repair. I've seen a couple of Kel-Tec PF9s blown apart.

I would like Kel-Tec better if they stopped advertising PMR30's, RMR30's, RFBs and KSGs since they can't manufacture them in any speakable quantity.

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    Jennings/ Jimenez they are beyond junk. Ftf/fte every other round. Sad thing is that's what my sister carries as her edc. I've showed her the failures yet she still carries it. Ughhh

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I had to vote Taurus. Of the four Taurus firearms (2 revovlers & 2 rifles) I've owned, three had to be returned to the manufacturer, and each of those was replaced with another firearm... After waiting for months on each of the returned firearms, I quickly sold each of them.

No more Taurus' for me!

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    I have a lorcin. 22 that is the worst gun I ever handled. Many ftf and fte plus damn thing went off when I put it on the table at my friends house when we were shooting. Lucky no on got hurt been collecting dust in safe since

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    The only gun I owned from that list was a Taurus revolver. It was an absolute POS. It took 2 trips back to the Taurus for service and still never worked right.

My first and last Taurus.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    In the last several years I am sorry to say that we have sent back to the company ourselves or assisted customers with more Taurus and Remington's than I care to admit to.

cl4p-tp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Kokomo
    I have to vote phoenix. My boss has one and every time I see him at the range that thing has at least 1 FTFire every magazine

Last edited:

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I think the worst gun manufacturer is H&K.

They make so many finely crafted guns, and I can't afford to buy them all. :spend:

Damn them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom