• Total voters

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    What experience do you have with Taurus though and not word of mouth? I have owned several and had absolutely no issues whether it be the Millennium Pro or revolvers. They are good guns from my experience especially for the cost. If you look at all the companies they have low end poorer quality guns such as the Sigma series or a couple Ruger offerings. However, they also have some of the finest pistols on the market in their other lines.

I literally watched a Jennings pistol come apart while being fired when a guy we were shooting with shot his. It was my first time seeing a Jennings up close and was good enough for me to believe what I had heard:D
    You never answered my question, but I will answer yours. I dealt with customers over a span of several years. All brands have issues at one time or another, but as long as customer service was prompt and actually repaired the guns, then that carried a lot of weight with me.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yup, because of pulling the slide back to far on my PT-92 to remove it and jamming the rotating slide lock to where it would not dis-engage, that's what I get for being in a hurry to clean it.

Called CS, received a shipping label 2 days later (had to pay for the shipping there) and was only a 2 week turn around for a screw up that was my fault and did not charge me for fixing it & shipping it back to me, and this was about 7 years ago.

So that throws the lack of customer service complaint you heard out the window.
    Believe me, it was more than one complaint I heard over a span of years from customers. If your story of customer service is now typical, then it definitely has improved. Of course they had no where to go but up.:DIf Taurus was so great, police departments and military services around the world would be flocking to them. I'm not bashing them, but I think that there are other, better options.:cool:

jwatkins383

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    MD
    HAHA

Love it hahahahaha! I think I have shot this one!

FD3CCDE4.jpg

I have it on good authority that this is a smuggled photo taken of the first Hi Point pistol design.:D

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    We ran 300 rounds through a HiPoint at a couple of Armed Dynamics courses with no malfunctions that could be attributed to the design or manufacture of the pistol itself. It is capable of consistently ringing steel at 40 yards even!

I honestly believe most the people who bash hi point are just gun snobs who have never even handled one, they just think that because they are extremely affordable that they are junk. Ive seen more kimbers fail than I have hipoints

spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Lorcin...

At least with a highpoint, you can hit them in the head with the gun if it fails on you... lol

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I am really surprised that Diamondback is in with Kel tec and Hi Point. I know they had a couple issues, but I have a DB9 and have carried it as a backup to a Glock 19 with no issues what so ever. It is a great little one to put in a pocket while out running.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am really surprised that Diamondback is in with Kel tec and Hi Point. I know they had a couple issues, but I have a DB9 and have carried it as a backup to a Glock 19 with no issues what so ever. It is a great little one to put in a pocket while out running.

Have you had any issues cycling certain types of ammo through it?

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    If Taurus was as bad as everyone thinks or says they are, then at least one of the 14 guns above would have failed, and others that I know that own one would be biotching to me about it because I've been a stanch Taurus supported ever since my brother in law let me fire his Taurus PT-940 and went out to buy one like 12 years ago and still own it as my.

Nuff said, IBM out.
    :ranton:

Yanno, I carry a 24/7 on a daily basis. Have shot hundreds of rounds through it, and not one single malfunction. Steel cased, Brass cased, hollow point, wad cutter, ball, any type of ammo has fed flawlessly through it.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Taurus doesnt seem that bad.... Ive shot a few of them and they seemed pretty accurate and never had action issues and things like that. Never heard much bad about them either..

Guido7562

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Brookville
    Rossi. Had 2 with nothing but problems! Have a 66 Taurus that I bought 25 years ago, no problems whatsoever in thousands of rounds. Recently I picked up a Mil Pro 145 before I heard of all the problems with them. Lucky so far, 250 rounds, no problems.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Weird...all this talk of Rossi being bad firearms. I had a Rossi .38SPL and never had an ounce of trouble with it. Gave it to my best friend as a gift. He's never had a lick of trouble, either.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Kel-Tech does not make guns. They are a chemical company out of Texas.

Kel-Tec makes firearms.

Yeah, and IF you would have read the post, I was half asleep when I posted it and apologized for my spelling as I couldn't change it.

Last edited:

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    The biggest problem with Taurus is most people actually never have owned or fired one and spread the rumor around that they heard from their milkman's cousin Johnny, who's barber talked to a guy from across the county who's baby sitter's Uncle Joe's butcher is friends with some mailman that heard it from a little old librarian, who's nephew sits next to a kid, who's father knows a drunken old trusty guy who lies about 90 percent of the time (but not this time) swears on his life that his ex old lady's new boyfriend heard it on a internet forum from a girl that was in a State Farm Insurance commercial and has a new french boyfriend that just got to American that knows from, fact that his 90 year old grandpa who passed away 30 years ago experienced a bad Taurus product in World War II because he dropped it in mud when running away from the Germans and speaks the truth because when he went back to get it out of the mud when the Americans arrived he wanted to look like he was a French patriot and it would not function.

My little spew above speaks VOLUMES, I personally own 4 Taurus firearms and have owned 6 total, my brother in law owns 3, my best friend 3, my neighbor 2 and countless other's that I know that have never had the first problem with any of them.

If Taurus was as bad as everyone thinks or says they are, then at least one of the 14 guns above would have failed, and others that I know that own one would be biotching to me about it because I've been a stanch Taurus supported ever since my brother in law let me fire his Taurus PT-940 and went out to buy one like 12 years ago and still own it as my.

Nuff said, IBM out.
    :ranton:

This was HILARIOUS, Thank you! I also must completely agree. I have shot about 10 different Taurus Firearms, owned two, and not a single problem with any of them. Even have a 7 year old PT-145 with more than 5,000 rounds through it, never had a single problem or broken part. They out do Kel-Tec, Diamondback, Hi Point, Jennings, etc...all day long IMO.

I still only carry Glocks and M&P's because I know they are built top notch, mine run great and run often.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom