Will Chuck Pagano have job Monday morning?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I saw an interview with Pagano earlier in the year saying that this was going to be his last coaching gig. But, ya just never know.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Nailed it "But"........this falls to the head coach to set the tone in the locker room and on the field. Regardless of what happens above him he is the captain and there falls the responsibility to lead/guide. He is the hinge pin.
    Not when the admiral prevents him from doing so.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    So now Josh Freeman (2009 first-round draft pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers) and Ryan Lindley (second-year QB out of Miami) are on the roster...why not call up Favre for a one-game contract? At least that would be entertaining.

Jeff George still fit in his old uniform?

jeff_george_1992_11_01.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I saw an interview with Pagano earlier in the year saying that this was going to be his last coaching gig. But, ya just never know.

I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs it up given his health issues. While I'm delighted that he fought and won his bout with Leukemia, I would imagine that it also gave him a lot of perspective about other things he may want to do in life, including more time with family.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Who does the GM take orders from? The Colts have had a core philosophy problem for years. Mistake #1, Andrew Luck. He's a good football player, but he's not worth what we had to give up to get him. If you're going to bank on a rookie QB, you need veteran protection up front. Too many rookies behind the ball. Mistake #2, tunnel vision in building the team. If you throw 80% of your resources to the passing game, your opponents will exploit the 20% to tear you down. Mistake #3, lack of authority on the team.... this one is huge.

If you watch what goes on on the sidelines, there's a total lack of respect for the chain of command. Maybe it is Pagano's fault, but it extends beyond the head coach. I've never seen so many players just walk past the coaches like they weren't there. That level of arrogance is antithesis of team. We've lost games and turned over the ball on penalties far more than we should have. Undisciplined players who are more interested in their endorsement deals, etc. than listening to the coaches will never form a cohesive team. I don't think it's the staffs fault. I think it goes higher. They want Gore to have a 1000yrd season. They want Luck to have a record. They want an individual player to make a headline more than they want team results. That's the kind of attitude that creates losers. I don't care if Gore is 1 yard away from the goal and there's one play left.... you call the right play, not the one that earns them a headline. It's the philosophy. A group of individual winners doesn't make a winning team. There is no I in team, and for the Colts, the I stands for Irsay.

While true, I don't know how many guys on the roster actually have big time endorsements (other than perhaps just getting some SWAG from shoe and apparel companies. Luck does obviously, but from there, maybe T.Y. Hilton and maybe Frank Gore? I think Andre Johnson is probably past his prime for major endorsement deals?

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've said for quite a awhile now that they need a fired up coach who would get in the players faces when they screw up. When was the last time they had someone like that ?
    Spend some big bucks and get Bill Cowher to come out of the broadcast booth and make him GM/head coach.

Why we drafted a wide receiver in the first round when everyone knew we needed OL and DL help is beyond me.

Top Bottom