Will Chuck Pagano have job Monday morning?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Somebody has to go and it's usually the head coach whether the poor season is his fault or not. Pagano is certainly not responsible for the injured QB parade but he's one of the faces, if not THE face, of the team. Grigson may have to take the "credit" for the awful offensive line but that can be fixed in the off-season if Irsay will spend the money. My biggest worry is about Luck. He's young and has a great career ahead of him if he has an O line to play behind. If the Colts don't prop it up, he should take the next plane out of Indy.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I saw an interview with Pagano earlier in the year saying that this was going to be his last coaching gig. But, ya just never know.

I hadn't heard that, I get the impression that there are several teams that were interested in him if/when he parts ways with the Colts.

Who knows, maybe he'll come back to Indianapolis with some other team and kick our butts some day.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I've said for quite a awhile now that they need a fired up coach who would get in the players faces when they screw up. When was the last time they had someone like that ?
    Spend some big bucks and get Bill Cowher to come out of the broadcast booth and make him GM/head coach.

Why we drafted a wide receiver in the first round when everyone knew we needed OL and DL help is beyond me.

Unnamed sources for an axe-grinder at a dishonest network aside, if at all accurate... KRAVITZ: Grigson?s "meddling" helped undermine soon-to-be-fired - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've said for quite a awhile now that they need a fired up coach who would get in the players faces when they screw up. When was the last time they had someone like that ?
    Spend some big bucks and get Bill Cowher to come out of the broadcast booth and make him GM/head coach.

I do not see that happening. He has been courted by teams with far deeper pockets than the Colts, Coach Cowher is quite happy were he is.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    The miracle required for the Colts to make it:

Indianapolis can clinch the AFC South division title with:
    1) IND win + HOU loss + IND ties HOU in strength of victory tiebreaker and clinches strength of schedule tiebreaker over HOU
    (Note: IND ties HOU in strength of victory tiebreaker and clinches strength of schedule tiebreaker over HOU if BOTH of the following occurs:
    • a) all of the following teams win: BAL, ATL, BUF, DEN, MIA
    • b) OAK win or tie + PIT win or tie as long as both teams don't tie)

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Indy finishes on a two game winning streak with a patchwork team that bears little resemblance to the one that took the field 17 weeks ago and they do so with an 8-8 record. Considering the complete disaster that our QB situation has been for most of that time...I say well done Coach Pagano and hope to see you next year.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Nice to see the Colts win, albeit against the worst team in the NFL (could be a toss-up between the Titans and Browns I guess). Perhaps the ability to put together a couple wins with guys that weren't even on an NFL roster a few weeks ago shows the ability of the staff to coach, and perhaps highlights the front offices lack of ability to find 56 guys to make a team week 1.

I'm sure Chuck is gone none the less, and there were some bad coaching moves this year, including several games early where the team was not clearly ready to play. Hopefully Grigson gets his walking papers too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Indy finishes on a two game winning streak with a patchwork team that bears little resemblance to the one that took the field 17 weeks ago and they do so with an 8-8 record. Considering the complete disaster that our QB situation has been for most of that time...I say well done Coach Pagano and hope to see you next year.

Nice to see the Colts win, albeit against the worst team in the NFL (could be a toss-up between the Titans and Browns I guess). Perhaps the ability to put together a couple wins with guys that weren't even on an NFL roster a few weeks ago shows the ability of the staff to coach, and perhaps highlights the front offices lack of ability to find 56 guys to make a team week 1.

I'm sure Chuck is gone none the less, and there were some bad coaching moves this year, including several games early where the team was not clearly ready to play. Hopefully Grigson gets his walking papers too.

Yup......the absolute worst team and we struggled with them.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yup......the absolute worst team and we struggled with them.
    I really wasn't expecting a Colt win with a 3rd and 4th string QB who had been with the team for just a few days. I think, everything considered, we ended the season pretty well at .500. Chuck has coached well. I think the problems are with the GM. Pagano's record of 41-23 with the Colts ain't bad at all.

velociraptor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2015
    Jurassic Park
    Guess we'll know shortly: Chuck Pagano to meet with Jim Irsay this morning | ProFootballTalk

Personally I'd be ok with getting rid of Grigson and keeping Pagano, but that's probably not going to happen. Anyone betting on Harbaugh as replacement?
    Irsay will need to write a VERY large check for that to happen. Harbaugh is currently making bank.

Jim Harbaugh contract: Salary, buyout details revealed
    Harbaugh will make a minimum of $40.1 million over the seven years

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just tagging to see what others have to say, when the eventual news comes out. I don't think Pagano is anything more than mediocre as a head coach. As a DC he's great. As a person and as a motivator, he's phenomenal. But he hasn't shown me that he's a top-tier head coach. That said, as long as Grigson goes, I can live with Pagano.

I think they both should go, though.

And the worst of all worlds is the one in which Pagano goes, but Grigson stays.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Just tagging to see what others have to say, when the eventual news comes out. I don't think Pagano is anything more than mediocre as a head coach. As a DC he's great. As a person and as a motivator, he's phenomenal. But he hasn't shown me that he's a top-tier head coach. That said, as long as Grigson goes, I can live with Pagano.

QFT

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

Agreed - if Grigson stays the new guy's in for a rough road.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom