Will Chuck Pagano have job Monday morning?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Total coaching staff firings now up to 6:

Colts fire Manusky, 5 assistants; Chudzinski to stay?

The team announced six assistant coaches were fired on Wednesday, headlined by defensive coordinator Greg Manusky. Among those also let go: running backs coach Charlie Williams, safeties coach Roy Anderson, secondary coach Mike Gillhamer, tight ends coach Alfredo Roberts and head strength and conditioning coach Roger Marandino.

The moves Wednesday indicate Pagano is intent on retaining offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski and quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen. That decision would come in concert with owner Jim Irsay’s comments late Monday night, when he repeatedly stressed the desire for continuity in his organization. Star quarterback Andrew Luck has already played under three offensive coordinators during his four-year career in Indianapolis — firing Chudzinski would mean a fourth.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm puzzled by this other than perhaps there are some deals already made to bring in some more coaches.

Couple things come to my mind. Like with Pep, these weren't really Pagano's choices, or they didn't get the job done. More cynically, he might've thrown them under the bus to stay.

Reality is probably something more along the lines of Irsay saying that something needs to change, so the youknowwhat rolled downhill.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Couple things come to my mind. Like with Pep, these weren't really Pagano's choices, or they didn't get the job done. More cynically, he might've thrown them under the bus to stay.

Reality is probably something more along the lines of Irsay saying that something needs to change, so the youknowwhat rolled downhill.

Yup, that makes a lot of sense.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    And already, we have a new Defensive Coordinator:

Colts to hire Ted Monachino as defensive coordinator

Ravens coach John Harbaugh today told local reporters that Baltimore linebackers coach Ted Monachino will be the Colts’ new defensive coordinator. The hire reunites Monachino with Colts coach Chuck Pagano, who was on the Ravens’ coaching staff from 2008 to 2011, serving as defensive coordinator during his final season.

Monachino is a 3-4 guy, which kills my pipe dream that we would go back to a base 4-3 defense, and find some true, pass-rushing DEs.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    2015 NFL Team Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Well, that's a good question.

In terms of yards, Baltimore defense was better than Indy this year. In terms of percent, other way around. Yards per attempt was basically a tie. Other categories seem comparable.

I didn't watch Baltimore play this year, but I still have nightmares thinking about how wide open the middle of the field was for opposing offenses playing against the Colts.

Top Bottom