Will Chuck Pagano have job Monday morning?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    If the Baltimore political machine had stepped up the Colts would have stayed. There is nothing really pure about large money.

It was Hyman Pressman the Controller of Baltimore that clamped down on tax payers money being used in that manner.
    Baltimore's comptroller, was against using any public funds to build a new stadium.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Funny thing is that the same people that were spewing the hateful remarks towards Irsay when he wanted the new stadium are now the same people that attend the games at Lucas Oil Stadium.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Seems they changed their minds after they lost the team. Look at them now.

Different times back then, especially in MD, even the left side was conservative back then. It went on the referendum in 1974 and the voters agreed, no new stadium.

And with modern times I will say,
    Well ,yes and no.. The first two years the Ravens were in Baltimore that played in the old Memorial stadium. It was intended for them to stay in the old stadium. I believe it was the NFL that pushed Balt to build a new stadium and when they did it went bankrupt within the first 3 years. And the next owner has done well since then.. About 90% of the new stadium was tax payer money ( 200 +- mill ) not much compared to Indy's public investment say around 750 mill +-
    Very quickly a billion dollar statium can become a city's boondoggle...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The Defense plays well and at times very well, you can't keep them on the field the entire game and turn the ball over deep all the time. Give them a chance to get a friggin' drink of water! Also, on the offense, big play makers that can play for anyone, but if you have no O-Line, you can't threaten deep because there's no time. All day yesterday it was little 5-yard passes, nothing deep. Therefore, everyone's up, no running game and even the short pass is shut down. No O-Line at all - No Offense - No wins - No QB's by season's end. I couldn't believe they didn't spend money on an O-Line after last year, now it's at critical mass. NONE of the draft pics from last year panned out this year. None. Can't win with the wrong players and wrong strategy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really don't want to defend the Irsay's, but the other part to the Baltimore story is that the state began eminent domain proceedings to take the team. That part always seems to get left out, but it is the reason for the midnight move.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-eminent-domain-against-the-baltimore-colts/

Different times back then, especially in MD, even the left side was conservative back then. It went on the referendum in 1974 and the voters agreed, no new stadium.

And with modern times I will say,
    Well ,yes and no.. The first two years the Ravens were in Baltimore that played in the old Memorial stadium. It was intended for them to stay in the old stadium. I believe it was the NFL that pushed Balt to build a new stadium and when they did it went bankrupt within the first 3 years. And the next owner has done well since then.. About 90% of the new stadium was tax payer money ( 200 +- mill ) not much compared to Indy's public investment say around 750 mill +-
    Very quickly a billion dollar statium can become a city's boondoggle...

Big money always has a shady side.
    The NFL is huge money.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Apparently someone ran the numbers, and the Colts now have a 0.052% chance of getting into the playoffs:

Indianapolis Colts Chance Will Make Playoffs - Sports Club Stats

WHGi867.gif

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Pat McAfee was supposedly 4th man up. Stephen Morris was brought in on the 15th, but doesn't know the offense.

Yes, Stephen Morris (a JAX & PHI reject).

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I think they should let McAfee go under center and then try some trick plays like punting on first down... the Titans would never see it coming and might be confused enough for us to score.

Top Bottom