• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    Remember peace through strength it won the cold war (Reagan) and how many jobs the defense industry creates. where are HUMV'S made (Indiana) as for going into Iraq we weren't the only ones that thought he had WMD's and he had already used them on his own people meanwhile he continued to violated UN resolutions although the UN is useless we continued to try to get their support to enforce the resolutions. and get rid of the WMD's meanwhile Saddam had plenty of time to hide them in Iran and Syria

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i dont ENTIRELY like how his foreign policy sounded. as if he would just go ahead and let Iran have nukes for instance. not pre emptive enough. on most other things, i like him. that being said, hes a good candidate for now and i support him 'till someone better comes along. no one is perfect.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Remember peace through strength it won the cold war (Reagan) and how many jobs the defense industry creates. where are HUMV'S made (Indiana) as for going into Iraq we weren't the only ones that thought he had WMD's and he had already used them on his own people meanwhile he continued to violated UN resolutions although the UN is useless we continued to try to get their support to enforce the resolutions. and get rid of the WMD's meanwhile Saddam had plenty of time to hide them in Iran and Syria

This line of thinking makes no sense to me. You hate the UN don't you? You don't want the UN making US gun control policies or health care decision do you?

Then why do we have to enforce UN sanctions? F the UN!

As to WMDs? Who cares if he gassed a few thousand (or tens of thousands) of kurds? How is that any different than the gangs in darfur killing millions with machettes and AK's?

Iraq was no threat to us. Bush used the UN sanctions as an excuse.

As far as afganistan? They were producing 5% of the worlds heroin prior to 9-11-01... today they produce 85%. Someone is making tens of billions of dollars on their poppy production ALONE!

All of this is motivated by money. It has nothing to do with our security at this point.

I find it very disturbing that many people here think obama makes a better president than Ron Paul. You obviously hate the Constitution.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

So, you believe the government is empowered by our Constitution to occupy foreign sovereigns, which haven't attacked us, because it creates jobs? Hope you have some grippy shoes on that slippery slope...

i dont ENTIRELY like how his foreign policy sounded. as if he would just go ahead and let Iran have nukes for instance. not pre emptive enough. on most other things, i like him. that being said, hes a good candidate for now and i support him 'till someone better comes along. no one is perfect.

If we had not been denouncing Iran as part of a fictional "axis of evil" for the better part of a decade, do you honestly believe they & their nukes would be a real threat to us? If so, I'll bet you're simply scared :poop:less of Pakistan...

ejscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Hancock Co.- New Palestine
    Paul proposed term-limit legislation multiple times, at first in the 1970s in the House where he also declined to attend junkets or register for a Congressional pension while serving four terms. that goes along way in my book.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Actually guys, I think you missed the mark on this post.

What RP want's isn't to dismantle the defense industry. On the Contrary, he wants to strengthen it by bringing our troops and resources home through non-interventionalism. :thumbsup: He wouldn't be cutting the military, just the excursions our past Presidents have sent them on.

Oh, and BTW for those who didn't catch it in the news, AM General has been sold to the Chinese. That's right, Hummer is now a Chinese product.

Maybe we can send GM to the Chinese too...

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Amazing how many people in these boards are strong supporters of the wars, but are not willing to go fight in the wars themselves.

I disagree, and think this is uncalled-for. This board is full of active duty and veteran folks -- I don't think they take the military's risks and sacrifices lightly.

It's far more fair to say that it's amazing how many venerate the Constitution, but vilify the one man in Congress who refuses to violate its limitations.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Wow- I didn't know Huck was a theocrat- got proof?

Here's a start:

The Raw Story | Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'God's standards'

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I disagree, and think this is uncalled-for. This board is full of active duty and veteran folks -- I don't think they take the military's risks and sacrifices lightly.

It's far more fair to say that it's amazing how many venerate the Constitution, but vilify the one man in Congress who refuses to violate its limitations.

^^ This

:+1:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Or the disconnect surrounding over taxation and the amount spent on the military.

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    I don't know where you got your numbers on heroin production but they are wrong according to the world bank Afganhistans poppy production avarged 3300tonnes a year prior to the invasion and dropped to only 1300tonnes in 2001 after the invasion. after that it only averaged 2100tonnes until 2007 when it again begant o incrase to an average of 3300 tonnes (tonnes=metric ton) as far as Saddam gassing the Kurds it only illustrates that he had WMD's and was willing to use them you're right I don't like the UN and think they have NO bussiness dictating our policy nor do we need to be the worlds policeman but we were looking for unilateral support in protecting not just our interest but the the interests of others in the mideast by removing a dangerous dictator who was harboring terrorist. as far as the Constitution goes I love the Constitution and feel that it's worth protecting at al all costs because it allows us to have debates like these even the framers debated it's power and this is where the two party system came from those who thought the powers in the Constitution should be interpreted in a way that would preserve the Republic (Republican) and those that saw it in a more strict and constructionist view and were afraid that any other view would hurt the democracy (democrats) I think Obama is the most dangerous politican to come along in my lifetime I just think that Paul is not the right man for the job either.

Top Bottom